biggerbigben

Biggerbigben - Golf sold.. another new project!

good luck with the house buying its a shame to see such a project to be broke up

Thanks chap - it is sad but its the only way to make back good'ish money.

Ben

ben can you tell me why you are switching to a haldex system?

and do you have any pictures of the transmission you plan on using?

I think I might start getting parts together for an AWD conversion... what car do I need as a base for this? golf... passat?

ben can you tell me why you are switching to a haldex system?

and do you have any pictures of the transmission you plan on using?

I think I might start getting parts together for an AWD conversion... what car do I need as a base for this? golf... passat?

I'v already done the swap and sold the car :lol:

I swapped to haldex because its stronger, more capable, newer, easier to control the 4wd and its 6spd. Downside is its expensive to do. It doesn't matter how good you are with a welder or how well you do collecting cheap parts - syncro to haldex will cost you a good £2k ! I bought a rear diff for £50 and a 6spd gearbox for £110.. it still cost me another £1800 to do! Driveshafts are £200 a pop each and you need 4 off them! You have a controller to think about, mounts to make, prop to shorten, CV's to buy, prop dohnuts to replace etc etc...

Hope I haven't put you off - its well worth it!

Ben

Well... what can I say..??

The Corrado has 95% sold, house buying is on hold and the result of a planned visit to the Ultima factory today ended up with me taking on a new project! An order has been placed and deposit left for a rather nice shiny space framed chassis designed for the legend known as the Ultima GTR...

I bring you 'Project Swift' :D

(I now have to wait 16 weeks before I get the first parts :( but fear not, it will give me time to re-vamp the website - http://www.coupehaus.co.uk )

You serious :shock:

I mean this in the nicest possible way t****r i'm sooo jealous right now, seen 1 on pistonheads last night with a 6L+ (3 or 5) and supercharged beast.

At least you now get that useful space frame chassis :D

how cool is that!! 8) hopefully ill see you blast around guildford in it sometime, (and maybe get a cheeky ride ??) got to remember to come and get that sunroof lining sometime..... :lol:

PMSL!

Sublime to the Unmanagable! Or will you Haldex this too!

I wish you all the sideways action you could ever need Ben...

(yeah I'm Sooooo Jealous!)

check out ultimagtr.co.uk a lad i know has got an ultima gtr aswell, only running a 450bhp engine though! waiting for him to finish it so i can blag a ride!!

wont be very good to live in though!

You serious :shock:

I mean this in the nicest possible way t****r i'm sooo jealous right now, seen 1 on pistonheads last night with a 6L+ (3 or 5) and supercharged beast.

At least you now get that useful space frame chassis :D

hehe ;-)

I've always wanted one, always thought I'd never be able to afford one, can't afford one, but sod it I've bought one! 8)

Its all about a V8 ! :lol:

Sick puppy :lol:

Look forward to seeing this progress and anticipate a ride when it's finished mate ;)

Of course Phil.. It might be a while though.. :lol:

PMSL!

Sublime to the Unmanagable! Or will you Haldex this too!

I wish you all the sideways action you could ever need Ben...

(yeah I'm Sooooo Jealous!)

hahaha.. brilliant!

Yes its a mad and unjustified decision but sod it - they are awesome cars!!

You still working at Mclaren/Mercedes?

Get it on the track there when finished, on top gear.

I'm still working at MB World - yes...

I wish I could take it on the track, maybe if I ask super nice they'll let me?! Just imagine the GTR on the wet circle ;-)

check out ultimagtr.co.uk a lad i know has got an ultima gtr aswell, only running a 450bhp engine though! waiting for him to finish it so i can blag a ride!!

wont be very good to live in though!

looks lovely! Loving black! I was set on red or blue gel coat, now I'm thinking black is the one to go for! Tell him to get on and finish the website!

Ben

it does look awesome. have you got an engine sorted? i know he is selling his old V8 (about 350bhp) as he has a new one (450bhp). had a good nose around it the other day, he has had the dash trimmed but a lotus upholsterer and all the sills as plated and rivited, looks fantastic for a kit car!

it does look awesome. have you got an engine sorted? i know he is selling his old V8 (about 350bhp) as he has a new one (450bhp). had a good nose around it the other day, he has had the dash trimmed but a lotus upholsterer and all the sills as plated and rivited, looks fantastic for a kit car!

Hi chap.

I have got an engine in mind but whether I will be able to afford it is a different question all togeather ;-) I went in the factory's 350bhp demo and thought it was very impressive, but its not going to harm having a little bit extra ;-) Tell your mate to finish his website ;-)

I have got an engine in mind but whether I will be able to afford it is a different question all togeather I went in the factory's 350bhp demo and thought it was very impressive, but its not going to harm having a little bit extra

Would that be an AMG 5.5l supercharged V8 or the 6.3l then ??? :lol:

I have got an engine in mind but whether I will be able to afford it is a different question all togeather I went in the factory's 350bhp demo and thought it was very impressive, but its not going to harm having a little bit extra

Would that be an AMG 5.5l supercharged V8 or the 6.3l then ??? :lol:

Its funny you should say that as we've just taken delivery of a 'black series' CLK63 AMG at work. It might just be missing its engine by the end of the week ;-)

I was actually thinking about an LS7 engine (from a C7 vette) with a slight tune to about 565/570bhp NA ;-) :D But they are still very expensive at the moment as a crate engine. Alternatively there's always the supercharged 720 or 800 small block chevy ;-)