biggerbigben

Biggerbigben - Golf sold.. another new project!

For an amateur like me what is it?

Its a rear engine mount bracket. It bolts to the back of the engine block. And I'm sure your not an amateur..

Well now you mention it i did manage to remove all 4 wheels, clean them and re install them within the hour..... :)

:lol:

Ben,

Are you using "bundy" pipe to make roll cage templates? It's what a roll cage fabricator near me does.

Any progress so far?

John.

Haven't started yet. I've now got all the material and tools to do the job. Just need to fix the pipe bender to the garage floor. I was going to use copper pipe to make rough templates but not sure that will be good enough? I'll see how I get on!

Ahhh haa roll cage.....don't you have trimsport rear brace?

If you decide to sell it give us first shout :lol:

How the hell did that bracket break?

Ahhh haa roll cage.....don't you have trimsport rear brace?

If you decide to sell it give us first shout :lol:

How the hell did that bracket break?

I do and when I don't need it I'll let you know and I broke the rear engine mount bracket while having some fun on some back lanes in Norfolk.. was a bit bouncy!

Anyway.. Yes the secrets out.. thanks John! ;-)

Rollcage production line is up and running!:

I do and when I don't need it I'll let you know and I broke the rear engine mount bracket while having some fun on some back lanes in Norfolk.. was a bit bouncy!

Rollcage production line is up and running!:

LOL

Cheers

Mount must have made a hell of a racket :shock: , you must have been relieved it was only the bracket .

Pipe bender looks like fun :)

Ah balls. Sorry - I barely read this board, so didn't realise it wasn't common knowledge.

Oh well, at least nobody knows about that Monaro VXR engine you picked up for a song, and the supercharger on its way from the US. Oh cock, I've done it again! ;-)

I hope your not going to make a track day car out of this like most are doing now :(

A track inspired road car that will probably never visit a track.. is a better way of putting it! :D

:lol: Good im liking the racer look trend at the mo :D

Yeah me too. But for my particular car I think its a good route to go down, as its pretty much there already. Just needs a tidy up. Been looking at some awesome new rims for the car.. The Porker rims, once re-furbed obviously, will be up for sale at this rate! ;-)

Cage update - :D

I've almost finished the rear section, hope to start bringing it foward to the A pillars tomorrow if I get time out from a twin engine conversion I've been helping out on in a Fairline.