biggerbigben

Biggerbigben - Golf sold.. another new project!

Can I have first dibs on your wheels if you do sell them?? :)

Graham

Sure. Once I get the car back to my place in guildford I will be putting it on axle stands and re-furbing the Porker rims back to a new state ready for sale.

With my 2 weeks off work coming to a close :( I thought I'd post a few pics of the cage so far. I reckon its about 2/3 complete now. Hope to get back to the folks in a few weeks time to finish the interior part off. Still scratching my head as to what to do with the engine compartment. Half of me wants to go full out with a space frame design and the other half is saying just take the cage to the front struts.. thoughts?

Ben

I would say considering you dont intend going near too many tracks you have gone full on anyway so why not take it into the bay as well like phatty's, just onto the struts, no need to go too mad in there.

I would say considering you dont intend going near too many tracks you have gone full on anyway so why not take it into the bay as well like phatty's, just onto the struts, no need to go too mad in there.

I'l second that........just weld up to the front struts and be done with it. 8)

LOL - Guess the answer should have been dependant on what you're trying to squeeze into the bay! :lol:

My guess would be V8-V12 something along those lines poss turbo those for 1000bhp. 8)

LOL - or maybe one of these :lol:

127_14.jpg[/attachment:7ac85]

My guess would be V8-V12 something along those lines poss turbo those for 1000bhp. 8)

LOL - or maybe one of these :lol:

127_14.jpg[/attachment:fb62d]

shuussshhhhh.. hehehe :lol:

Nice work on the roll cage Ben, well thought out...

was speaking to your friend chris today with the Black TT?, he accidentally mention you was selling him something, and then mention what you was replacing it with :wink:

good luck with it, should be a right Monster!! 8)

Tony

just watched your roadtrip vid on youtube... :shock: :shock: it SOUNDS awesome!!! is th exhaust a straight thu powerflow?

EASILY in my top3 c's, if not 1st :notworthy:

nearly wet me self @ "its true, that man is gay" :lol:

at the risk of sounding all pouncy, it really is amazing to watch your build(and others on the forum) as it progresses to the different levels.

8)

just watched your roadtrip vid on youtube... :shock: :shock: it SOUNDS awesome!!! is th exhaust a straight thu powerflow?

EASILY in my top3 c's, if not 1st :notworthy:

nearly wet me self @ "its true, that man is gay" :lol:

at the risk of sounding all pouncy, it really is amazing to watch your build(and others on the forum) as it progresses to the different levels.

8)

Thanks mate. Apreciate it! That filming was done the day after the PVW mag photo shoot..

The exhaust is probably only about 50% powerflow now. I made a fresh 3" downpipe as their attempt was aweful, then it goes to 2.5" with a single 'small' silencer and increasing to 3" again under the boot floor pan. Its pretty loud. I think I'll be putting a bigger silencer on the car with the new engine as it wouldn't pass any noise restrictions for track days etc as it stands.

Ben

May be a daft Q Ben, are you taking it to tracks now, thought it was a full track inspired car, literally, just never seeing 1?

May be a daft Q Ben, are you taking it to tracks now, thought it was a full track inspired car, literally, just never seeing 1?

It isn't quite there yet mate.. ;-) it may go on a track but who knows.. lets see how the new engine works out!

On my new engine the head has just gone off to be flow tested, but I'm looking for a donor head to cut up in the name of R+D :-)

Ben

You need to tell us 1st so we can see if anybody has a donor going free.......................go on..............what is it???????? :lol:

I need to catch up on this thread, again. Awesome work mate, I see it's never standing still 8)

Hi Guys,

Bad news I'm afraid. The time has come for Corrado ownership to come to an end. I've been in deep thought over the last few days about bringing this 6 year venture to a close. Basically I'm at the stage in my life where I'm looking to buy a house, clear my debts etc and selling the corrado is unfortunatly something I have to do to achieve this.

I've enjoyed every last minute of this project and taking part in the VW scene. I've been rolling in a dub and been in the scene for almost 8 years now! Crazy how time flies!

Anyway I will be putting up an advert in the for sale section later today and across all the forums. I am going to break it as its not a complete car as such and I beleive I can make a fair bit more by selling it in parts. If anyone want anything then please let me know. pm or email me @ [email protected]

I know a lot of you will ask about the wheels - basically I'm going to strip them and have them re-furbed back to new. They will have tyres and adapters inc with the price, but the price will be a realistic one as I need to attempt to get back as much money as possible.

Thanks all.

Ben

Very suprised to be reading this but i can understand what you are saying.. Wouldnt be suprised if someone made you an offer for the whole thing, 4wd Rados with the running gear in have got to be worth a bomb, even with no engine, interior etc..

Ill keep my eyes open for a list of what will be up for grabs..