biggerbigben

Biggerbigben - Golf sold.. another new project!

Sorry to hear that Ben, glad I got to see it in it's glory last year!

Best of luck with the house stuff.. and bet you'll still get a "less extreme" Rado to play with soon! ;)

Thanks guys. I almost sold it after the PVW shoot but wanted to enjoy it a little more and tackle the haldex conversion - well thats now done and I've been planning a big bhp R32 turbo engine conversion but when I sat down and looked at the money I would be sinking into that I decided against it and thought I should be sensible and purchase a house in the next few years.

Obvously I would take a serious offer for the car complete as it is. On the basis that is drives and its taxed but it needs finishing off.

Ben

dont do it !!! :lol: thats a shame, really wanted to see that engine in, would have been a beast! but i suppose you are thinking straight and makes sense, im still going to let come out in my Corrado when its finished, wont be a patch on yours but its the best i can do! best of luck with the new house mate!

dont do it !!! :lol: thats a shame, really wanted to see that engine in, would have been a beast! but i suppose you are thinking straight and makes sense, im still going to let come out in my Corrado when its finished, wont be a patch on yours but its the best i can do! best of luck with the new house mate!

Thanks Mate! Still have that sunroof panel for you here..

Hows it coming along?

tis a dodgy time to buy a house imo, live in the C :lol:

True Ben..

remember the Hot-rod maxim:

"You can live in a car but you can't race a house... "

tis a dodgy time to buy a house imo, live in the C :lol:

True Ben..

remember the Hot-rod maxim:

"You can live in a car but you can't race a house... "

Oh I know - I'm all for the housing market crashing! ;-)

I'm thinking a couple of years ahead..

Well I suppose a roof is better in the long run but dont count on any form of housing market crash, over the last 3 years prices have only failed to increase in 3 months in total and they were not back to back.

Prices continue to rise but not in double digits as they were back in 2000.

As for the last crash, unemployment is half what is was then so that is another factor out of the window.

If the housing market shows signs of slowdown then I would expect a cut in interest rates to pep the market up a bit, that on top of the recently reported worst year for retail sales mean the cuts are very likely in the next 12 months and expected by most banks/investors.

So, I guess what I am saying is get a house sooner rather than later and thanks for the great car, great ideas and a very well executed project. I am sure you will be back on the scene in the future.

Good luck with the house Ben, i'm not going to try and change your mind again, the decision seems pretty much set in stone.

Sure you will come back to a Corrado though.............

Thanks guys...

The house buying is a while off yet. I need to save first, which will give me the chance to do something else first ;-)

Anyway, most of the parts are listed in the 'Parts for Sale' section now! :)

Ben

Damn, such a shame. Just glad I got to sit in it before it is being broken!

But you've definately made the right choice in breaking it for the reasons given, ...you'll be back..;)

Best of luck.

i know this feeling sold myn two year ago bought a house and a ruff 16v as a daily,2 years on and im back on with the car, and it ran those two years costing me nothing trusty 160k rado :) :) would only be fair to stick a bam engine in it for its service :D

thanks for the fogs :D

i know this feeling sold myn two year ago bought a house and a ruff 16v as a daily,2 years on and im back on with the car, and it ran those two years costing me nothing trusty 160k rado :) :) would only be fair to stick a bam engine in it for its service :D

thanks for the fogs :D

No worries Tim..

Ben

I am in shock :shock:

Don't be mate - just think 'haldex' ;-) then give me a shout :)

:lol: :lol:

LOL - This is torture!

I will just have to make do with your engine mounts :(

Just like to say thanks again for all your help, advice and parts :p.

Good luck with everything, and hopefully see you soon in another VW guise.

Sukh

I am in shock :shock:

Don't be mate - just think 'haldex' ;-) then give me a shout :)

:lol: :lol:

LOL - This is torture!

I will just have to make do with your engine mounts :(

Just like to say thanks again for all your help, advice and parts :p.

Good luck with everything, and hopefully see you soon in another VW guise.

Thank you mate - thats very kind of you! I'll still be around to offer advice etc. I will be taking a break from the VW scene for a while although I shall be returning to Worthersee next year for a 3rd time!

Ben

Sukh