VR6

Bad Salesman & Bad Buyer Thread

Sorry Trippy, but i have to mention this!

I sent Trippy (James) an email on March 1st regarding the Air Con he had for Sale, On march 2nd i made him an offer on said aircon, which he accepted on 3rd March, to show i was serious, i offered to send him a deposit and call to collect the aircon in a couple of weeks time.

On 4th March, i sent £50 cheque and confirmed that i was probably working the weekend of the 12th but would drive up probably the 19th to collect the Air Con.

James replied for me to send him an email when i was coming up and he would arrange to be in.

On the 14th i confirmed i would be up at the weekend, most probably Saturday, by this point James had cashed my Cheque so knew i was serious! I confirmed an approximate time on the 15th, lunch to early afternoon, then again emailed on the 18th, and 19th just as i was leaving.

Carlisle, took me 3 hours in the car, i live in North Wales, it also cost me £30 in Petrol!, i arrived at James house, to find the Air Conditioning was still in the car that he was breaking, with no one seeming to know exactly how long it would take to remove!

I find this totally unbelievable, i arrived at 2pm on Saturday the 19th as agreed, and was expected to 'go away for a couple of hours and pop back later', although james didnt seem particularly keen on taking the unit out of the car anyway.

I had a completely wasted day, which i could have worked! so lost money by taking the day off, then wasted petrol travelling up for nothing, i wasnt even going to get my £50 back without waiting, except for that one of James friends lent him the money.

However, I WOULD RATHER HAVE HAD THE AIR CONDITIONING THAT I THOUGHT I HAD BOUGHT!

Sorry to go on, but i am extremely p'd off!!!

Don't like doing this, but here goes :? :roll:

Sold a Schabak G60 model to Danr on January 6th. He said he would pay by cheque. Cheque never arrived. OK, Royal Mail is pretty crap, so gave him benefit of the doubt.

So, he said he'd send another. Didn't arrive.

Said he'd send a third. Didn't arrive.

Said he'd do a bank transfer. After several excuses, this didn't happen either.

It's now March 24th and I still haven't had the money. I've got better things to do than chase around after this guy. I've been VERY patient with this, but have now decided to cancel the sale to Danr, and to put it up for general sale again.

Sorry Trippy, but i have to mention this!

I sent Trippy (James) an email on March 1st regarding the Air Con he had for Sale, On march 2nd i made him an offer on said aircon, which he accepted on 3rd March, to show i was serious, i offered to send him a deposit and call to collect the aircon in a couple of weeks time.

On 4th March, i sent £50 cheque and confirmed that i was probably working the weekend of the 12th but would drive up probably the 19th to collect the Air Con.

James replied for me to send him an email when i was coming up and he would arrange to be in.

On the 14th i confirmed i would be up at the weekend, most probably Saturday, by this point James had cashed my Cheque so knew i was serious! I confirmed an approximate time on the 15th, lunch to early afternoon, then again emailed on the 18th, and 19th just as i was leaving.

Carlisle, took me 3 hours in the car, i live in North Wales, it also cost me £30 in Petrol!, i arrived at James house, to find the Air Conditioning was still in the car that he was breaking, with no one seeming to know exactly how long it would take to remove!

I find this totally unbelievable, i arrived at 2pm on Saturday the 19th as agreed, and was expected to 'go away for a couple of hours and pop back later', although james didnt seem particularly keen on taking the unit out of the car anyway.

I had a completely wasted day, which i could have worked! so lost money by taking the day off, then wasted petrol travelling up for nothing, i wasnt even going to get my £50 back without waiting, except for that one of James friends lent him the money.

However, I WOULD RATHER HAVE HAD THE AIR CONDITIONING THAT I THOUGHT I HAD BOUGHT!

Sorry to go on, but i am extremely p'd off!!!

Will have to put him up here myself soon if my item doesn't turn up prompto.

LarryDuff,

I'm the mate whom loned james the money to help the situation out, however in the defence that's a clouded story!

The unit was offered that's true as is the fact that it was still in the car, no defence!

Though it was offered that the unit would be removed in a hour or so as most of the car was already dismantled.

They were planning to go for a wander arount the sites in Penrith down the road and if it was me and i'd travelled and spent fuel i'd have said yeah i'll see you in an hour or so and went for my wander in the hills of Penrith!

But no, there was dummies spat out all over the place, In my opinion, unneccessary.

Mountains out of mole hills!

Should never have been posted in this thread, there's always two sides to a situation though i'm not either but i happened to be there.

One more thing, if travelling a long way to get something i'd call before leaving just to make sure the cat hadn't died or anything but no, off ther went and it's all history.

All i'm doing here is adding to the scant story line and wish to attract no flack, just clarifying the matter some!

Chris

just a suggestion about the payment/delivery of goods. but could an escrow service not be set up, either by the forum or by anyone on here so that money is only passed on to the seller when the escrow recieves the goods, then the goods are sent to the buyer when the seller informs them that the cheque has cleared. might make it safer if anyone has the time to do it.

There are third party escrow companies. Speaking for Andi here where I may not have the right to do so, but if I were him I would want no part in running an escrow service for anyone. Too much liability. It's just a forum, it's not tesco bank!

But by all means use one of the established third party escrow companies for your trading if necessary.

I still don't understand why you just don't speak with your banks and cancel the cheque - you can do so upto 6 months after its been banked!

And if they try to charge you, you're with the wrong bank!

(The kid's got cahoot!)

Don't know if this belongs here, but what the hey...

I was looking for a VR6 back in Feb, found a guy who had 3 to sell in Eton. Went to see him - bit of a wide boy if I'm honest - couldn't understand why there was a problem that there were empty crisp packets and stuff all over the car.

Anyhow, put a deposit down on a blackberry, subject to inspection by Dekra. They came back to me with a list the length of your arm of faults - e.g. faulty brakes, illegal tyres and loads of other stuff. weird thing was, he assured me the car had been MOT'd the previous week. Very dodgy... Anyhow, the guy should not be dealt with unless you know what you're doing. Luckily I only wasted £300 on the Dekra inspection....

He did reimburse my deposit once I questioned him about the unusual MOT situation...

He advertises under Eclipse Sports Cars and one other name which I don't remember. Caution!

As stated in the post previous to this, I said I'd gladly withdrawn this comment if extenuating circumstances arose... ...well they arose.

Consider it withdrawn.

Sorry I have to post this but I paid for a full set of Vibratech engine mounts over a month ago. 'Pixie' has not replied to any of my pm's for over a fortnight now so I can only assume he has done a runner with my cash.

Future buyers BEWARE!!!!!

zman240uk

first off one the post i left my e-mail address for comtact have you sent me one e-mail to my address answer No!

2nd off i did e-mail you and i advised you that i was working away from home! i understand its been a fair while since i got your cheque its take a max of 10! working days to clear! and when im down in england and the mounts are in scotland sending them is about as easy as flying to the moon!

but i can assure you that the mounts ARE on there way down to you!

Since i was paying for the postage i told them to send it the cheepest way told me it could take a week to deliver! but they should be with you!

all i can say is people have lifes i.e work away from home if you e-mailed my e-mail address i may have been able to to let you know what was going on! but for you to say that i had not got in touch with you at all is complete rubbish!

Anyways I got myself a nice scooby turbo so wont be on here from now on! but as per my post if you have a problem how aout trying to e-mail me instead of pm me as im basicaly never on here!

i hope this matter is now closed!

Pixie

and when im down in england and the mounts are in scotland sending them is about as easy as flying to the moon!

LOL..i'm not quite sure about that but i do take your point...sometimes I struggle to get things done the minute people need them done...it can be hard juggling paying cheques/posting items with work and other stuff etc.

Pixie - thanks for the response at long last!!

The matter will be closed when I receive the mounts and not before. You promised more than 3 weeks ago that I would have the mounts by the end of the week, so please excuse me if I seem a little sceptical.

As you are the seller I see it as your duty to inform me of any delays, not for me to constantly chase you (using mail or pm). You were quick enough to bank my cheque, would not have taken 30 secs of your time to keep me updated.

In my book waiting for 6 weeks for goods I have paid for is not acceptable. My chq was banked on 2/9, so even by your elongated timescales I should have recd the mounts 2 weeks ago. I rest my case....

And no, you have not supplied me with your e-mail address in any previous correspondence.

Don't know if this belongs here, but what the hey...

I was looking for a VR6 back in Feb, found a guy who had 3 to sell in Eton. Went to see him - bit of a wide boy if I'm honest - couldn't understand why there was a problem that there were empty crisp packets and stuff all over the car.

Anyhow, put a deposit down on a blackberry, subject to inspection by Dekra. They came back to me with a list the length of your arm of faults - e.g. faulty brakes, illegal tyres and loads of other stuff. weird thing was, he assured me the car had been MOT'd the previous week. Very dodgy... Anyhow, the guy should not be dealt with unless you know what you're doing. Luckily I only wasted £300 on the Dekra inspection....

He did reimburse my deposit once I questioned him about the unusual MOT situation...

He advertises under Eclipse Sports Cars and one other name which I don't remember. Caution!

I visited the same guy to have a look at a "mint" Late pearl green G60... EVERY panel needed work due to dents or scratches, the FULL SERVICE history wasn't even close to being half a service history, it had dodgy tyres on it but, to be fair, it did drive beautifully and had been a CCGB member's car at some point (still had sticker in the window!)

I left after he told me he wasn't willing to take offers, but would have the paintwork sorted out for me if I paid him an extra £200... It needed a full respray, not a quick £200 blow over... :|

AVOID this guy would be my advice... ;)

Zman240uk,

on every single post i do were im selling something i always put my e-mail address down as point of contact! and you never e-mailed me at all if you were that worried about things i know i would have e-mailed the person regarding it!

i understand that it been a while but when iv been working down in england staying in hotels etc i was basicaly imposible to send them! i was only home at the weekends if i even got home!

anyways i can asure you that the mounts are on there way to you

MATTER CLOSED!

well, ME!

yes, I've been a rigth c*nt.

I hate selling stuff, and having to deal with timewasters. So I really do apologise for any bother I've caused anyone who genuinely wants to buy any of my stuff whilst trying to sift out the real dealers fromt he timewasting dickheads.

lol - very honest ... I guess! This must be the first time that a forum member has warned others about themselves!!

Me too now.

My wife retired this week, so we are both penshnurs. :gag:

Our household income has now dropped about 50%.

Anything I sell will be for the max I can get from you overpaid, young folks in good jobs! :evil:

I feel I should warn eveyone to stick well clear of 'white_vw_corrado'.

After giving me a sales pitch in January for some parts I desperately need to get my motor back on the road(!!), he took my money, delivered a bumper and that was it. I'm still owed a few parts but he blanks all telephone calls, PM's and text messages.

What a total tosser, as he know I need these parts to get the car back roadworthy!

Anyway, stay well clear people.

yep he shafted me out of 40 quid too!! if i ever meet him ill punch him,,,pretty hard i think its fair to say!!

ooooh somewhere i can tell my story :D

this happened ages ago but it really pi$$ed me off :mad:

id owned the mk1 gti for a few months and wanted a valver lump to stick some 45 webers on.

a mate had an 1800 kr unit,and said i could have it for £180,it was a very good strong engine :)

thing was...i fancied a 2.0 16v instead and spent a good while searching,a guy by the name of jimmyg responded to a wanted advert i placed stating that he had one with low mileage from a corrado.

arranged to meet at a show and check out the lump running in his 'now magazine featured cab' all seemed well (saying that i knew nothing back then about engine numbers etc) but he gave me his word that it was a 2.0 16v.

i told him that i was really stretching my budget by looking for a 2.0 having bought some brand new! webers,and that my mate had an 1800 for £180.

but we came to a price of £450,including the ashley conversion exhaust manifold.

deal done.i picked the engine up from dubsport as his car was there having the 2.0 16v swapped for a 1.8t.

after running the mk1 for a while i treated it to some new piston rings/oil pump/crankshaft oil seals,didn't look so low mileage to me...

but i was absolutely fuming when i measured the bore size/stroke to find that it was just a feckin mk2 golf valver lump.

after i told him i had the chance to buy my mates too... :mad:

happened ages ago,but it was a lot!!! of money to me at the time,and just the sheer out of order-ness :lol: is not on.

neil.