VWVW

VWVW - New home needed for VR. SOLD

Looking great. Well at All Types you won't get to park on the Brooklands bank and take pictures (if it's dry).

Just keeping a log of what I have done to the car in the recent months.

1. Greased rear spoiler mechanism. Whilst doing this noticed a slight corrosion behind the number plate light looking from inside out but nothing on the paint surface. Will get this sorted at some point.

2. Realigned the rear light clusters. Think they were a bit wonky before. Now its spot on and looks symmetrical on both ends.

3. Cleaned up the fuel flap cover. Took it all off to clean. Dont think it has ever been cleaned before.

4. Purchased a second hand front dash abs light unit off Dave16V recently to replace the one I had damaged when I did the heater matrix change. Now it sits in the dash securely with the metal prongs intact. So no more slidding out when driving.

5. Noticed Iam missing the front passenger seat height adjustment handle - In search for one at the moment.

6 A few months back the neighbours builder spray painted the fence and specs of it landed on my car. Only recently I bought an autoglym clay starter kit and got rid of all the paint specs that was on the car.

7. Will be giving it a wash later ready for tatton park this Sunday. ( picture taken at Tatton Park since then)

Edited by VWVW

Just a little update...

1. Got the car Taxed for another 6 months today also

2. I bought these missing corrado foam items a while back from Dave16V and today I got them fitted just for completness. I guess they play a part in reducing road noise and filling the void in the rear seats area. I can only presume they were removed in the past by the Audio/ tracker fitter during the previous ownership and never put back very odd ???

3. Took her out for a spin in the sun afterwards with the sunroof wide open. That was great !

Edited by VWVW

Excellent! definitely a sunroof open day today,even better if it closes again !

Its always a risk... Its a risk I am willing to take with the sun shining as it is today :)

Tiny update...just to keep a record of whats happening with the VR

1. Missing passenger height adjustment handle fitted. Purchased the replacement off Dave16v. It also came with the 2x screws to hold it in which was handy - Cheers Dave. The whole seat needed to be taken out to get this fitted as it was a bit difficult in situ. This was not a big problem as I had experience from taking the seat out when I did my interior carpets so I knew the procedures.

2. Dont get many back seat passengers in the VR. Noticed a great big spider web in my rear seat (see pic)Its a real work of art. I dont mind spiders living and building webs on my wing mirror outside. If its inside its a step to far and it had to be evicted. Dont worry no spider was harmed in the process. Took it to a new home in a nearby bush.

3. Been so tempted with so many nice corrados for sale recently. R32 engined, supercharged one and nugget G60 etc etc but Iam still very happy with the one that I have. With this forum knowledge I feel confident in the corrado ownership.

4. Day off + sunny day = Took car out for a spin. Still loving it.

Edited by VWVW

Ideally would have wanted some genuine corrado dials to go into the centre console space but they are so expensive so the next best thing is a set of late genuine cassette holder. Cheers Supa-ant for posting the item so quickly. Gives it a retro feel :)

I already have an Alpine cd player and multi changer. I am debating whether to go back to old skool and keep a look out for a spare nice example alpine casette player????

Ideally would have wanted some genuine corrado dials to go into the centre console space but they are so expensive so the next best thing is a set of late genuine cassette holder. Cheers Supa-ant for posting the item so quickly. Gives it a retro feel :)

I already have an Alpine cd player and multi changer. I am debating whether to go back to old skool and keep a look out for a spare nice example alpine casette player????

Looks very nice. I've always used black matts with beige carpets, nice contrast and gives people a subtle clue where to stick their muddy boots!..

Absoloutely love the look of your car, great attention to detail on the sound deadening and rattle suppression..The number plate also really enhances the appeal for me. I am not usually an advocate of personalised plates, but feel with older classics like the Corrado it helps to distinguish it in the eyes of other less well appraised road users that the car is something other than an old banger!..Definitely on the lookout for a plate with initials and number 6 in it..

Absoloutely love the look of your car, great attention to detail on the sound deadening and rattle suppression..The number plate also really enhances the appeal for me. I am not usually an advocate of personalised plates, but feel with older classics like the Corrado it helps to distinguish it in the eyes of other less well appraised road users that the car is something other than an old banger!..Definitely on the lookout for a plate with initials and number 6 in it..

Thanks for the comment...its either do things whole heartedly or dont do it at all. I have done a bit of research I think there is another reg plate that display VR6 and its on a vintage vehicle. A nice reg really tidies up any car even on an old banger like mine :). Iam not a big fan of drastically modified letter or number that makes a character that its not.

Edited by VWVW

Just to update... Managed to get the oil and filter changed today. Not the best of days to do it in as it started to snow mid way but got their in the end. Never done it myself before but did some background reading from here beforehand and it all went smoothly without problems.

Got the Synta Silver at TPS one day as I was near one during my travels. They were on special promotions 2 weeks ago apparently. 10 litres for £22.78 all in which I thought was a Bargain.

And I thought it was just me who gets rain and snow whenever I mention working on the car !

Nice updates.

This is gonna be an expensive month...I ve got an MOT, insurance, Road tax and possible 4 x new tyres needed.

This is gonna be an expensive month...I ve got an MOT, insurance, Road tax and possible 4 x new tyres needed.

That usually happens to me every year in november i have MOT, road tax then insurance in early december. Perfect when its just before Chrsitmas

££££ Expensive month...

- Have had 4 x conti Premiums 2 tyres fitted recently courtesy of Nigel from Lobitos Tyres.Great service..Thanks and a corrado enthusiast...bonus. (much needed as 1 had a nail in it causing slow punture that cant be repaired due to its position and the other 3 looked tired and cracking in places)

- Insurance renewed.

- MOT passed today at KWIK FIT- Well happy. Lambda reading just made it below limits.

- Got back from MOT received Dave16v home made stainless steel bracket, nuts and washers for the BMC and got it fitted in the snow as I couldnt wait. Very Happy with the product.

- 6 months Tax in a few days time.

Looking forward to a few shows this year in the warmer months...

Edited by VWVW

Just to update...The briefcase part of the original exhaust was starting to blow...This gave me the excuse to finally get my second hand Magnex exhaust fitted which I had purchased a few years back.

The exhaust fitter had to fabricate a bracket to get the backbox to hang properly but they got there in the end with no knocking...Sound just as quiet as the original with no droning and a bit meater in sound when you are really pushing it.

Personally I still prefer the side exit look of the original VR exhaust.

Looking forward to Stanford Hall next week...

Also managed to find some BBS wheel cover caps to replace my very tired looking one off ebay for £30 all in.

Edited by VWVW

Looking good fella, bet the exhaust is nice and loud

Its suprisingly quiet on normal drives until you boot it...will you be going to Stanford Hall? With you and your bro's corrado we could have three going down in a convoy :)

Im hoping to mate but its still at Stealth racing with its heart getting worked on, will i get it back in time i dont know fingers crossed though

thats one well cared for corrado. you should be rightfully very proud of it. one day i hope mine will be this well maintained.

Just to keep the thread updated...

Met up with Richard (Joby) one early sunday morning and had a two corrado convoy down to Stanford Hall. A total of 6hr round trip from North Wales.

It was also the first time the corrado had been topped up with the new Shell V Power Nitorn +. On the trip computer when I arrived it had shown 37MPG. I normally get that on long jouneys anyway on the normal V Power.

Collected some stainless steel Radiator L brackets from Dave16v and had them fitted today. Main reason for this was that the old ones had expanded with rust and did not want it to damage the radiator where it slotted into.

I have had thoughts about selling up recently and the drive back from Stanford Hall I took the scenic A5 route home and had such a nice drive back that I am still undecided.

Edited by VWVW

Nice sunny day yesterday..went out for a nice leisurely drive at Snowdonia National Park.

Edited by VWVW