Rob_B

Rota wheels

Has anyone had any experience with rota wheels? Are they any good? Did they clear or without spacer? Where did you get them from?

I'm liking some of the stuff they do but I need some wheels that will fit without spacers as I'm not a massive fan of them.

Any help will be much appreciated, Rob

Check out herisites thread in the Members Gallery. He bought kevhaywire's Rota wheels...

i've got rota cups on mine - i love them

considering the design they are pretty light too

mine are 16x8 et35 all round. rears needed spacing 15mm to clear coils. spacers not needed on the front but this year i am gonna space them out just for aesthetic purposes...

The cups are nice. Was thinking at the slipstreams as I want something simple to clean!

I'm running 8x17's now and wanted to go back to 7 or 7.5 inch wide really. Never really sure what et I need to run to avoid using spacers?

Where did you get them from?

Cheers, Rob

got mine new from rimstyle...

cups are actually fairly easy to clean as long as you invest in a good wheel cleaning brush/poking device :lol:

Interetsed in getting the 17" Rota slipstream wheels for my 92 VR6 manual with 5 studs.

What are the recommended specs? What is the maximum widths u can go for front & back in stock fenders.? Dont mind a slight stretch on the tires. Offsets? etc

Yeah here's is mine on 8x17 ET35 Rota Force's:

rotas-clean-house.jpg

You wouldn't want them any bigger than this really, they're c0ck on imo! 8)

Herisites do you get any issues with rubbing with that setup ( including with people in the back?)

Yeah here's is mine on 8x17 ET35 Rota Force's:

rotas-clean-house.jpg

You wouldn't want them any bigger than this really, they're c0ck on imo! 8)

Bastard, stop rubbing it in :lol:

Herisites do you get any issues with rubbing with that setup ( including with people in the back?)

i have the same wheels on mine and have no rubbing issues at all...

I have standard arches all round and my nearside rear used to catch ever so slightly over big bumps.

I think Herisites has rolled his arches, but he has zero rubbing. Following him back after fitting them, his car looks immense from the back, hard as nails 8)

I've not had any issues so far but as Kev said I had my arches rolled back in the days when I had uber wide Brocks on (and they did catch!). I seem to get a bit of rubbing at the front when reversing though with these :scratch:

I can't stop thinking about those white Rotas, really make me want to paint my wheels white too LOL

(Must resist until everything else is finished though!)

I've not had any issues so far but as Kev said I had my arches rolled back in the days when I had uber wide Brocks on (and they did catch!). I seem to get a bit of rubbing at the front when reversing though with these :scratch:

Too much girth does cause a little friction mate :lol:

At the end of the day, they are MASSIVE wheels compared to the stock 6.5x15s :lol:

Too much girth does cause a little friction mate :lol:

At the end of the day, they are MASSIVE wheels compared to the stock 6.5x15s :lol:

A problem I have quite often ;) :lol:

Yeah they are big buggers, I wasn't expecting absolute zero rubbing really, but they're pretty good, it's literally just when reversing a bit quickly when turning I get a bit of rubbing. No catching over bumps with people in the back though, but like I said I have had the arches done!

Looking very smart with the Rota's mate. How much arch rooling is required to have 0 rubbing with those specs?

Surprised nobody has mentioned these sorts of photos!

rotayu3at4.jpg

155518d1256485613-18x9-5-20-rota-haters-please-do-not-click-broken-rota.jpg

Not sure if it's just a quantity thing (they're a huge supplier to the modified car scene so there are more forum complaints), they get abused more than others or just that they're crap though. Certainly not synonymous with quality, which is a shame as some of them are really nice!

Stone