stormseeker

VAG-COM scanning & help

Can anybody help here please , i have had the cr on vag com and its thrown a engine speed sensor -

(g2 8 )

03-00- no signal

When i had the car rolling roaded at stealth he said it was showing up a faulty cam position sensor so i changed that for a vrand new dealer one

Is this the same code that would have been left behind when i changed the sensor or is this a totally different problem ?

Ideally id just like to know what part is actually at fault if anyone knows

Cheers guys

Edited by sexybourbon

Normal. It won't be there when the engine is running. Early diagnostics like the Corrado's didn't surpress the fault code when the engine is stopped.

The code for the camshaft sensor is 00515.

Hi Can you add me to the list, just bought a cable that ive tested today. OBD2 cable end and Area to cover is Guernsey Channel Islands.

Neil

---------- Post added at 1:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:02 PM ----------

Hi Can you add me to the list, just bought a cable that ive tested today. OBD2 cable end and Area to cover is Guernsey Channel Islands.

Neil

I really need to get my hands on a unit, 2 corrado's, one that won't start and one being rebuilt when funds allow + a golf with a few issues.

What do I need to buy in order to use it?

Was just scrolling through some post on this thread as a mate of mine has a VAG-COM but only has the OBD II conector.

On the first page of this thread stormseeker says that he made his own adapter to OBD I,

made my own adapter last week before I went to look at a local VR6 that was for sale for jims16v

Since he was last active in 2009, i dont think im gunna get a response out of him, but would like to know how he made this convertor, i dont wanna spend money on the real one but surely all it is, is 4 of the pins (or more?), on the OBD II connector connect to the 4 pins in the OBD I connector?

Ive googled it but couldnt find anything on it? wondered if anyone on here has a solution?

cheers

Edited by p0l1wrath

oh cheers for that! when i searched i could only find ones that were like £20 probs just get one of those instead then :bonk:

Got my VCDS Lite that scans the VR6 fine, but got a problem on the MkV R32 and it doesn't want to know. The Chassis list only goes as far as Golf/Bora MkIV - is this the obvious reason why? Is there a version that works with both OLD and NEW cars?

Got my VCDS Lite that scans the VR6 fine, but got a problem on the MkV R32 and it doesn't want to know. The Chassis list only goes as far as Golf/Bora MkIV - is this the obvious reason why? Is there a version that works with both OLD and NEW cars?

The latest does at v11.11.3.

Your problem is that VCDS Lite will not work with CANBUS diagnostics in more modern VAG car range like the R32. v11.11.3 will work backwards onto the VR6 though.

VCDS-Lite

Windows-based Diagnostic Software

for VW / Audi / Seat / Skoda

for non-dongle interfaces

Some of the common differences between versions and between VCDS-Lite as Fully Registered versus Shareware:

Shareware:

Cannot do AutoScan

Won't display text for all fault codes

No Basic Settings (so no TBA, Xenon levelling, etc or checking timing on TDI's)

No Adaptation Saving (so no changing of locking/lights/horn behavior)

No Output Tests

No tech support from Ross-Tech

Limitations of VCDS-Lite compared to VCDS even if Fully Registered:

No Generic OBD-II

Won't work with CAN-Bus vehicles

Fewer fault code definitions and label files

No built-in Activation (you'll be limited to a single PC)

No Advanced Measuring Blocks

No Acceleration Measurement

Neil

another guerner!!! welcome :) which corrado you got? iv seen a few around,

I'm having no luck with my ebay cable (to use with VAG COM).

Is it best to buy one of these (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/U480-Universal-OBD2-CAN-BUS-Fault-Code-Reader-Scanner-diagnostic-scan-tool-UK-/221039216694?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item3376f6c836)?

Or anyone located near Oxford who maybe could help me out?

I just got one of those for the new CANBUS but i think it's OBDII only. Not sure but i could try it and see. The blue cable is a bit of a faf to get working.

can anyone tell me if these faults are wireing related ?

this is from a 2001 BDE 2.8 from a 4motion into a corrado,

immisions stuff should have been removed so im not sure if these lambda faults are important or not.

my car cant idle to save its life! so im guessing its down to the maf fault,

17523 oxygen sensor heating : B1 S1 : short to ground

p1115-002- lower limit exceeded

17527 O2 Sensor Heater Circ.,Bank2-Sensor1 Short to Ground

16486 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circ Low Input

yea there wireing related !! arghh!!!

DSCF0157.jpg

Edited by VW_OwneR_85

I have full vagcom with canbus for later VAG if needed or 2x2 for older stuff and happy to help anyone in Bournemouth / Poole (Dorset)

Edited by ollielawson

quick question i've never been able to scan the engine using 409.1 but i am able to scan the ABS unit, is this normal for an r32 conversion using mk4 loom?

I am using an ebay jobbie cable (blue one), but it works perfectly on a vr6 golf.

what i have tested

Port 4 Earth?yes

Port 7 Live?yes about 9.3 volts

Port 16 Live?yes about 12.5 volts

from what i have read these bunch of wires at the top of the fuse box are all OBD related? I assume one comes in from the ECU and one out to the port?

F54EB471-6F69-4D0D-9E50-7A297885FF96-6685-000004DAB9517ADD_zps8ff9dc58.jpg

Edited by dil
additional info

I've got a rosstech cable so can scan any vag car (also have obd2 readers for other cars). I'm in Basingstoke if anyone ever needs a scan.

Won't be down until just before Christmas mate. If you can hold out til then I don't mind bringing it down with me. Alternatively I can give it to an oppo of mine and you can pick it from him? Sure he wouldn't mind and you can hold onto it for a week or so if you need mate?