stormseeker

VAG-COM scanning & help

Thank you Seanl82 and Karmannski for your quick responses, it's very much appreciated.

Evening all. Just wondering if anyone is near Calne in Wiltshire got VAGCOM with an adapter lead from obd2 to obd1? My 93 VR is in for MOT Monday and has popped an ABS light on!

Evening all. Just wondering if anyone is near Calne in Wiltshire got VAGCOM with an adapter lead from obd2 to obd1? My 93 VR is in for MOT Monday and has popped an ABS light on!

Probably a bit far, but I have in Basingstoke if you get stuck.

Cheers tigerfish, your offer is very much appreciated. The cars been off the road for over 3 years now and there's not much I haven't done, it's only come on since I've replaced all the brakes and bled them out! My father in law has got a basic version of VCDS but hasn't got an adapter. Might have to get on eBay!!

So, scanned the VR with VCDS Lite for ABS faults but couldn't communicate, yet found engine codes ok??

Have a look at the Ecu, could be water damaged. It's behind the outer passenger footwell trim. If you take the connector off, inspect the Pins. Water ingress through the fan often runs onto it if you've ever had a leak through the scuttle trim.

Hi guys and gals, I hope you are all well.

I have an issue with my ABS light constantly on my 1994 VR6.

Is there anyone in and around Bingley, West Yorkshire with VCDS that could look into this for me please....?

Is there anybody in Bradford able and willing to scan my car to see what the ABS issue is please....?

This thread is crazy long.. try searching back for people who have offered VAGCOM in the past in your area and PM them. Most people won't be checking in.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

I was hoping I didn't have to do that but I suppose I have no choice.

Thanks for your reply mate.

:thumbleft:

Anybody by Liverpool that can scann my Corrado,l have a fly lead 2x2 ,bought a scanner but will not work on a 1993 2.0 16 vavle Corrado will drive to you on the weekend

Hi there,

any of you have experience from ebay vag com adapters with software?

I have a sneaky feeling I am going to need it quite a lot, and i figure i am better off buying one...

Thanks!

I bought one and could never get it working, i think you need to muck about with port settings on the laptop, i ended up buying the rosstech stuff instead.

Still have the ebay one if you want one to try instead of buying one

If you're looking at the blue cables you'll need to edit the settings in Windows for the USB port you use it on. I can't remember exactly but a quick search on here will give you the answers.

I've also got the new black 12.12 canbus cable and it works a treat, no messing about with settings and it can scan the newer cars. A better buy if you can find one.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the help Jim, much appreciated, but i live across europe from you:smug:

Actually, i found a local guy selling vag com 17.1.3 cable with software, which looks identical to ross tech one, for about 50 EUR (let's say 40 quid). It's supposed to be great, offers money back guarantee aswell. Just need to buy the obd1 adapter from some shop.

I know eventually I am going to buy a ross tech (if they ship to other parts of the world), i would just like to check if the obd port actually works...

I bought an OBDeleven Bluetooth scan dongle, primarily to talk to our mk7 golf, but found it can also talk to the Corrado (late VR6) too. I'd be surprised if it can talk to the 16v though.

I also have a super cheap Chinese special Bluetooth dongle but that never worked on the Corrado at all.

I've also had cheap serial and USB ross- tech rip-off cables that have worked fine too. Thirty quid or so and they worked fine with the freeware mode of vag-com. (Meaning it doesn't decode the errors.)

All on a VR6, remember.

A Corrado is for life, not just for the MOT.

Well, i suspect the guy is selling ross tech rip off cables, with software (says it is fully operational).

So the cheap ones just tell the error code, and then you google it? So for a "weekend warrior" might be ok, until i buy the real thing?

Thanks for the usefull info!

Vag-com will use the cable but won't unlock all the features. You need the old v3.1 version (iirc) anyway, not the most recent. The software will decode the *first* error only, you have to Google the rest. It was perfect for a weekend warrior such as myself..!

After some help

Got a 1992 2.0 16v, abs light is on so I tried reading it but it was saying couldn't read ecu. Am I doing something wrong or is there a certain way of doing it ?

Thanks for helpf7aa7de3fa7480917fb37f2a3046f188.jpg32339ddc85149f78d7539c6dccc030b3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I'm near Nantwich and have full VCDS if I can help?
That would be helpful but my car has no mot so couldnt come to you, im only in chester. I'm trying to fix all the little problems to get it mot ready

That would be helpful but my car has no mot so couldnt come to you, im only in chester. I'm trying to fix all the little problems to get it mot ready

Are you available in the daytime or is it just evenings / weekends?

I've found that my ecu looks like it's had water damage so have a new one coming today.

Ive read that vagcom will not read all corrados depending on what abs system you have.

c3e4449c35c0a4e45348cb571d5b35e6.jpg

How can I found which system I have?

Thanks

I thought they are all Teves02, i swear when i upgraded mine i found the original system wasn't plugged in properly

You need the old version of vag-com. I can recommend OBDeleven instead if you have a late VR6. Bluetooth and a modern smartphone app makes it a lot more convenient than cables.