Sign in to follow this  
KADVR6

BM might be going

dont want to sell it but just missing the vw roundel in my life :D

been offered a mk4 golf v6 4motion thats been fettled under the bonnet with a gt35 etc etc, its running 425bhp and goes like stink but 100% driveable around town.

but then i,m also tempted in a mk5 golf gti, with a couple of grand thrown at it it would be circa 400bhp and more modern.

thoughts guys

karl

One day you'll find a car that you keep for more than a few months Karl.. I'm not sure what that car is, but it must be out there somewhere ;)

One day you'll find a car that you keep for more than a few months Karl.. I'm not sure what that car is, but it must be out there somewhere ;)

its called a corrado Jim :lol:

its called a corrado Jim :lol:

:clap: You know it makes sense Karl. You'd be bored with a MK5 in about 6 months... :lol:

Difficult one. 4mo turbo would be brilliant as long as the chassis is sorted as well, perfect Q car. Mk5 is a nicer car to drive and as you say bit more modern. TBH my head says Mk5 but heart says Mk4.

you should have bought coxylaad's and charged it!

Depends what you want out of a car, a mk5 will have more comforts but it will be heavier and obviously more expensive. The mk4 sounds pretty rapido so a good get in and drive car, will also mean you won't lose money on modding it. As we all know you don't get back what you put into a car!

Difficult one. 4mo turbo would be brilliant as long as the chassis is sorted as well, perfect Q car. Mk5 is a nicer car to drive and as you say bit more modern. TBH my head says Mk5 but heart says Mk4.

yeh exactly my thoughts mate, its got R32 suspension and ARB's fitted so thats that sorted, gonna go for a drive in it tomorrow night so will have more idea what i'm doing.

and a corrado is not on the cards for a long time as the mk1 rocco is gonna be my new "hobby"

dont want to sell it but just missing the vw roundel in my life :D

And who can blame you :D

been offered a mk4 golf v6 4motion thats been fettled under the bonnet with a gt35 etc etc, its running 425bhp and goes like stink but 100% driveable around town.

Homer says "Mmmmmm, traction......"

but then i,m also tempted in a mk5 golf gti, with a couple of grand thrown at it it would be circa 400bhp and more modern.

More modern and a far better chassis than 2WD MK4s certainly, but as the 4MO is fully independant susp' all round and reasonably modern, not that much different overall, imo.

Come on Karl, 6 pot VR6 with a 35 strapped to it, or wimpish 4 banger..... I'm surprised you have to ask! :lol:

I do like the MK5 GTI really, very much so, but tuned ones will frustrate you by their lack of traction!

Id have to say Mk5 Karl

Only reason I keep holding off buying another motor :lol: My mate has 280/280 Mk5 5door GTi and it is probably my perfect car. Yeah ok engine sounds a bit pants but it does everything you could possibly want in a car! Probably bite the bullet and go Edition 30 next spring. Or R32..... (damn that 6 cylinder engine noise!)

Saying all of that been driving a low mileage Mk4 Gti quite a bit recently and that seems 10 x newer than the Corrado, quite like it LOL

Best bet go drive em all! I reckon if you go 4 Mo though you will just be wanting a Rado again 8)

I was the one that said i would never sell my Rado, but after driving a modern car with 4wd ,ESP ,DSG ,air-con ,air-bags, etc, etc you just got to move forward

The corrado was an amazing car with turbo and all the power but it never would go round a corner like the R32 does :) Even if i made it 4wd

Still will always have soft spot for the rado , stunning looking car. Do miss it :( But the R32 has got lots of great points too :D

I was the one that said i would never sell my Rado, but after driving a modern car with 4wd ,ESP ,DSG ,air-con ,air-bags, etc, etc you just got to move forward

The corrado was an amazing car with turbo and all the power but it never would go round a corner like the R32 does :) Even if i made it 4wd

Still will always have soft spot for the rado , stunning looking car. Do miss it :( But the R32 has got lots of great points too :D

sounds as if you need to keep re-assuring yourself that you made the right call?

Get the 4mo bought. Mk5s are two a penny so *when* you get bored of the 4mo you know you can easily pick one up but the chance of a blown 4mo isn't going to come along very often.

If I was living in the UK I'd be telling you to buy the Mk5 and would gazump you on the 4mo haha :D

I've decided when I come back, or move somewhere else in the world with decent roads (they're boring in the UAE) I'm going to build myself a no expense spared mk5 R32 T, well after I've had my 911 anyway. :grin: