Craig

Rotrex VR6 Twilight Violet....NOW FOR SALE

Thought I'd put up some pics of my recent purchase. Been on here a while but never posted much when I owned my previous corrado, an aqua blue g60. Loved it but sadly had to sell it to Fund travelling round the world for a year. Now I'm back and settled picked up this 95 twilight violet pearl effect vr6, currently on 145k.

It's had a bit of work, on lowered springs with standard shocks, Mille miglia Porsche replicas finished in black with the diamond cut rim. Hid kit fitted and raid steering wheel, painted manifold and colour coded engine cover, Miltek exhaust and it did have some smoked rear lights but not to my taste so purchased the all red rears. The bodywork is very tidy, it's had some paint, there's no stone chips on the bonnet etc but the rear bumper does need respraying and there a few spots on the roof that need touching up. Although I may have a plan to get the roof covered in black vinyl?

The engine had a full top end rebuild approx 20k ago costing 1300 and has had a new coilpack, magnecor leads and few other bits. I took a risk picking the car up as I knew it needed a bit of work to make it right hence getting it home then having the radiator blow so a brand new Vag one was put in last week, and it's just had an immobiliser fitted as it was previously removed.

Bits I've got planned are to have the rear bumper sprayed, poss get the roof covered in vinyl black, fit fuel filter and some coilovers I've bought and I'm having some dramas at the moment trying to decide whether to fit some modernlines I've just bought but thinking the fronts at 9x16 will be too wide :( If I can get them fitted I'd sell the Porsche reps as although they are nice not my cup of tea, also after a clean today the abs light has just come on so something else to fix! Never ending list, it does sound gorgeous though and love the vr burble, although I'm finding myself with a bit if a heavy right foot as unlike my G60 that had torque all over the place this only gets going really above 4k when the engine just sounds awesome, but Im findin myself nudging the speed limit too often just to hear the engine purr, not an excuse the plod would find to accepting, lol. Anyway here's some pics and let me know your thoughts

craig

here it is with the standard lights, has now been de-wipered too

8c494342.jpg

2bbebc04.jpg

f7f584de.jpg

4ae4236f.jpg

093c4ab6.jpg

9d735631.jpg

2ebfd7bf.jpg

and a trial fit of the schmidts

4a54ae52.jpg

00af2b42.jpg 8) 8) 8)

Edited by Craig

Very nice craig,

Looks good on the MM and the modernlines, think your going to struggle with the ML's though!.

Whats the earth wire running across the top ofthe engine bay?

Lovely colour mate........but i would say that :lol: ........I prefer the first lights, which aren't standard btw.....the top half should be orange . Also prefer the schmidts but not sure how practical they'd be .......all in all looks very nice though :salute: :D

Cheers mate, yeah I'm thinking the MLs maybe more trouble than they're worth? I do love them tho, Just deciding what to do at the mo, either sell them on or just try and see, but they all need new tyres so adds to the dilema? I like the mille miglias but just don't do it for me so would ideally sell them?

I knew someone would pick up on the earth wire, it was a direct link from the alternator to the battery as it wasn't charging but Thats all sorted now, had the clocks out and the battery generator led wasn't working so that's been sorted now and fixed a blown light behind the rev counter, so now all is workig and alternator is charging properly so has been removed. One thing sorted and literally another thing goes, this time abs light so I'm hoping it's just a sensor?

Lovely colour mate........but i would say that :lol: ........I prefer the first lights, which aren't standard btw.....the top half should be orange . Also prefer the schmidts but not sure how practical they'd be .......all in all looks very nice though :salute: :D

cheers, yeah I know the lights aren't standard, they've been tinted on the top half, just thought it didn't suit the lines of the car and the all reds just blend in and look less cluttered. I have the 1st set for sale just not got round to a for sale thread yet :)

love the wheels mate, wanting to know how well you get em to fit on the fronts because i want some 9's for the fronttttttt!!! arrrg lol ( and you all know this)

nice looking car! may need a little work on the arches to get the 9" to fit up front...but the schmidts always look good but then i am biased :D

Thanks for the comments, looking to get some coilies fitted next week or so, i like the ride height as it is but it is quite bouncy going over bumps. fitting a new fuel filter too.

i love the colour eps in the sunlight, pictures above were from my iphone, so not great and was getting dark. with the schmidts i need new tyres so not easy just getting them on, got to pay for new tyres first! im tempted to jusr run them and not have it slammed??

hoping when i get a bit more money sort out the roof and rear bumper. never ending story! lol

Not much of an update, changed the fuel filter and fixed the oil leak by replacing the crankcase pulley oil seal, Nice new one sorted that and now after a clean is dry as a bone underneath, and new radiator sorted coolant leak. Fitted new coilovers, ride height is simar to before, slightly lower, just not crashy Anymore and feels more planted. also bought some auto glym leather cleaner and conditioner and some HD wax :) bogof.

On the way home from up north the belt snapped so call to the aa and got back to my dads, luckily was only 20 miles down the m1 so got back fitted new belt then drove home. coolant light wouldn't stop flashing tho but after checking levels and temps all was fine. After a week was pretty annoying so removed the sensor and started the car then turned it off plugged it back in and is now working fine :) so pleased with that one! All needs sorting now is the abs light but haven't got Vag com so will have to wait. Leather is now clean and car shiny and my bank empty.

Plans are to sell the schmidts as I've sadly had to face facts 9s up front is too much hassle, Im not keen on the porshce reps either so want to sell them, but need some wheels? Was thinking of speedlines powder coated in white after seeing the thread on here but can't do that untill I sell the mls! And can't do that till I receive the centre caps! Lol, I want to get the roof covered in black vinyl too but at £140 seems bit pricey? And I love a charger but that will have to wait. Any few pics, nothing too exciting :)

092f3d25.jpg

and fronts

dbdae008.jpg

and bit of waxing with just a part wiped off :)

a15cd1f9.jpg

What coils are they mate? riding any better? Car looks ace btw.

Lovely looking VR there mate :salute: Gorgeous colour + black leather = looks superb!

Thanks for the comments, really want some modernlines but will have to wait. It's on vmax coilovers,not the top of the range but I can't fault them, picked them up cheap from stvr6 on here. Only used for literally about 500 miles then he sold the car standard. I actually looked at his car while considering this one, but I took the gamble on this one and felt it was a better deal, I'm glad I did now! at least untill something else breaks.. Inevitable owning a corrado :) have to give a good wax during the week and get some pics up when it's actually sunny! Fingers crossed

So couldn't wait any longer for toyo 205/40s so bought some nankangs. I know they're not the best tyre but didn't want to wait any longer and and dont drive like a lunatic as much, so got the schmidts fitted today wrapped in new 205/40 rubber. had drive round the block and some slight rubbing on bumps.

May not be to everyones taste but here's few early pics

cc9733d9.jpg

7e2cbf48.jpg

b7ec7112.jpg

And front and back

d658cf9f.jpg

3d90bda9.jpg

Will prob look to get the arches rolled but see how it drives for a little bit first :) oh and fitted a BMC cda last month too...oh the sound!

02f56304.jpg

I had the same thing with my Brocks on my valver, they didnt scrub innitially but they're going to scrub badly dude.. You've got it even worse with the VR's widetrack up front, if i was you id look at getting a swap on the front wheels for some et25 versions if they'll clear your brakes. And yeah get the arches rolled asap, be a shame to waste the rubber.

Looking good though.... Some tyre shine and a bit more tuck up front and you're onto a winner!

mehhhhhhh 9's up front! :p looks really cool mate. im still tempted to buy a pair of em for the front, im gonna put my rears on the front and see what they do :p

Bought a few bits for the car over Xmas and thought I'd do an update.

Not massively Into music in the car, i love my tunes but also love the VR soundtrack having the window down, so i wanted to keep it all standard using the factory locations and keeping it minimal. i bought some jbl gto 6x4 rears, inphase 5.25 components up front and an alpine iPod headunit.

10cb5d13.jpg

Inphase speakers seemed to have good reviews on the net and they were pretty cheap so i thought id give them a go ,plus i liked the look of the yellow woofers 8)

dcb1d89d.jpg

349fd3ac.jpg

Fitting the 6x4s required quite a bit of trimming from the original mounts but after some hack sawing they fit pretty snug and give a much more refined sound in the back now. its far from thumping bass, just tight and punchy.

5f713f00.jpg

drilled out the old tweeter and used the factory mounts in the dash, pretty pleased how well they went together

aafc36d2.jpg

and i like the subtle glimpse of yellow through the grills, gives a nice contrast to the black leather interior

dcbe47b4.jpg

1a6366a5.jpg

treated the engine bay to a 6 branch too, was in two minds whether to leave it as is, or wrap it but as nice as it looks and it was a shame to cover it up i bught some wrap and covered it up to keep heat down and keep the exhaust gasses flowing faster.

52ad161d.jpg

d977a1f8.jpg

1254fd5e.jpg

The wrap was such a #### to fit, i wanted to try and get it as perfect fit as possible but the fact i was wearing a short sleeve t-shirt and no gloves didn't help! the fibreglass made my arms itch and from soaking the wrap to fit it well and let it dry and tighten, my hands and fingers were black and took days of scrubbing to clean up! all sorted now tho and got Ramsy's mechanic he's used for his storm to fit the manifold, top notch bloke and sorted out a slight knocking too i had from the cat on the heat shield i think?

just out of interest have others who have fitted a 6 branch wrapped it and used the oem heat shield? he didn't put it on but i thought as its all wrapped up it would be sufficient? was only a short drive home so didn't really give it any to test it out but im off to bath over the weekend so will ave plenty of miles to give her a test drive. up next is a big clean and save for a black vinyl roof i think and get the rear end sprayed 8)

Decided to be adventurous and instead of getting the roof painted with the rear bumper I opted to go for a wrap look. I initially wanted gloss black but it would suffer from swirls quite easily so i went for a durable carbon wrap. I was dubious about it looking chav but it's come out well, the finish is top notch too!

86f3a8ed.jpg

9fd8743d.jpg

The pictures don't do it justice to be honest and it does look better in the flesh. I also took the roof runners out and sanded them down and sprayed them and did the same with the aerial base

Next up is respray whole rear and delete the tow eye in the bumper :)

Thanks, the speakers weren't anything top of the range but gives a bit more bass. i always drive with a window open and dont listen to a lot of music in the car so suits me fine :)

Loved the wheels but the impracticalities of it all has made me purchase some more sensible wheels, at least untill i get my rear arches rolled then ill be buying them back ;) anyway bought some cheap oz ultraleggeras, sanded them down and sprayed them matt black, then put some rubber on. They're 7x16 so no issues with scrubbing at all. not the low wide look of before but more of a stealth/racing look. they'll do for the time being.

Also had the car serviced and opted for some 15w/50 oil. nice and smooth now gave the battery a charge. think it needs upgrading soon to a 63a one.

c166dc8d.jpg

78bad1f3.jpg

dbf8df91.jpg

4f02a14d.jpg

fb31a836.jpg

5f4e28d0.jpg

Bit of a clean. wheels are growing on me but think after Xmas will have a look for some nice summer wheels

418fc6a8.jpg