Sign in to follow this  
RRR

Corrado VR6 MPG ?

Hello ! I'm a new member to this site ,and think its great ! Could someone help me ?

I have a corradoVR6 1996 with 63k lined up ready to buy,at the moment i drive a 1996 golf gti mk3 8v.

Could someone tell me what the MPG is roughly on the corrado ,as a lot say they are very poor ,and has someone changed from a gti to a corrado Vr6 like myself and could tell me this ? Any feedback would be greatfully appreciated,

Thank you ,Roy.

Hello and welcome to the forum. 8) There are a few threads on this subject, use the SEARCH option and type in VR6 AND MPG :wink:

Well, as always it depends what you do with your right foot.

I travel 100 Miles a day of mainly motorway and A road stuff (some of which is on the M25 carpark).

Average for me over a long period has been around 28-29 MPG.

The other morning I tried to do an eco trip and lay off the smiley pedal and managed 35-36 MPG on the same trip.

In 5th gear doing less than 50mph it will give over 40mpg.

I don't think I'll see 35mpg again - what's the point? :lol:

well i came from a BMW 318ti (so 1.8 16v 140bhp) that averaged around 25-26mpg round town.......into my storm that averages 22-23mpg round the same distances and conditions......3mpg isnt too bad a mpg loss considering the better drive and better performance of the C VR......so would imagine coming from a GTi would be pretty simislar give or take a couple of mpg's

hehe - I was trying to put 2.8 in brakets above! 8) :lol: :oops:

Sorted it for you... ;)

I live in Edinburgh, and bought my VR down in Luton then drove back in it, must be approx 400 miles, and got back to Edinburgh on 3/4 tank, (incredible I thought) but was driving like a pussy all the way up at about 60mph :oops: cause it was chucking it down and was through the night.

took it staedy coming back from Derby when i collected mine and saw 36mpg. averaging 25 ish now. mostly short journeys though at the mo.

Can see up to 34 if I drive gently on long motorway trips (200 miles at 70-80)...

Usually see around 28 though, and 22-25 round town,,, the VR is not designed as a fuel economy town car..

The VR is actually one of the most economical VWs I've ever owned. Just checked my MFA memory and over the last 27 driving hours, it's averaged 31mpg, which isn't bad for a 1200Kg car with nearly a 3 litre engine in it :lol:

K

I get around the 30 mpg all the time, max I got was mid 40s though 8)

Wow I only average about 15-20-ish round town ... is there something I should know about ?!

On motorways this increases to about 30-ish :?

I tend to find that i only get 20-23mpg when my car it cold, once it is warm and i have done about 15miles ish it gets upto about 28mpg! Does anyone else find that this happens to them? That is traveling at the speed of the traffic on the motorway 50mph-90mph.

I came from a mark 3 8v gti too and although economy is worse considering the performance improvement I think its worth every extra penny - even on the optimax! I get around 23 mpg around town gets upto 25 if it has warmed up and the best I have had is 33 or 34 mpg - combined motorway and A road stint.