Sign in to follow this  
Jim

JimsG60's Corrado G60 (New pics taken 13/03/2005)

Here is the current spec of my motor, and a bunch of new photo's taken using the nice Nikon D70 I borrowed from work this weekend :)

Spec is as follows:

* Stage 4 Jabbasport Charger

* SNS Stage 5 'No Lag' Chip

* Magnex stainless exhaust & Supersprint Decat Pipe

* Golf G60 Intercooler

* Speedline Comp2 7x16's with 195/45/16-VR Toyo Proxes T1-S (Go to page 4 for pics)

* K&N Filter

* B&M Quickshift

* Porsche 3.5bar FPR

* Koni suspension

* Goodridge braided steel brake lines

* Tarox discs & Pagid pads

* Autometer boost gauge

* Full black leather interior.

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0073.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very nice... 8)

That engine bay is definately one of the cleanest I've seen on a reasonably standard daily driver... 8)

Looks like you bought a minter Jim, now you just gotta change your name! :wink: :roll: :lol:

I just can't bring myself to change it! I'm so used to the name! :(

And obviously with regards to the car, I can't take any credit as I bought it as is. Leew and Brookescourt kept it in such good nick, so the praise needs to go in their direction.

Few things need sorting on it already - exhaust has suddenly gone very loud and rattly and I am a bit worried I might have clonked it on something because of the extremely low suspension.. getting that looked at, and the suspension raised on Tuesday. Then as soon as thats sorted, its off to the tyre centre for some new rubber - Eagle F1's or Bridgestone Potenza's or something :)

Looks great Jim... looks like it was worth the wait

What do ya think of the B&M quickshift?

I gotta be honest, I can't get used to the quickshift at all.

Its only really designed I guess if you are 'making progress' and having a bit of a car spanking session.. but as I rarely drive like that, and as most of my driving is done around town, its already getting a bit frustrating.

Sometimes I can't get the car into gear, so I have to de-clutch and try again where it actually works. I dunno.. I don't think its for me! :)

I've heard this complaint before... I almost bought one but heard that they were notchy to change & looked funny as they sat up too much... maybe it'll just take you a while longer to get used to it

Maybe... or maybe it'll just get the chop somewhere in the near future ;)

Lovely Jim....looks to be absolutely mint too :lol:

Not much you can do to it really as it's been modded already, which is always a bonus!!

Kev

Very nice indeed - I Like!!

Always nice to buy a car from an enthusiast as well as you know they've looked after it, looks very tidy :wink:

Its different in every way mate! The power from that charger is really quite terrifying I gotta say.. never driven anything like it. Well.. 2CC's VR6 was powerful but in a more refined way.. this is a bit of a madman!

And as for the suspension.. I think those pics don't really show how low it is, but believe me its just not practical for me. I am getting chin scrapage whenever I try and get in and out of the works car park.. and I found out on Sunday that I can't get the car in the alley behind my house to actually wash it! That is the sin beyond sins, as I do like to keep me cars clean. So the suspension has to be raised!

I gotta be honest, I can't get used to the quickshift at all.

Its only really designed I guess if you are 'making progress' and having a bit of a car spanking session.. but as I rarely drive like that, and as most of my driving is done around town, its already getting a bit frustrating.

Sometimes I can't get the car into gear, so I have to de-clutch and try again where it actually works. I dunno.. I don't think its for me! :)

Jim i've got the same shift leaver and you CANNOT rush the gear change, it takes some getting used too, but once your there it's great, just be careful cos of the shorter throw and different fulcrum point you can wear the cable guides quicker. mine went once, easy fix, but takes ages to do cos the zorst has to come off.

Wicked Jim! Bet your loveing it. Get rid of that boost return pipe and dont you need an isv check valve? :lol: :lol:

Happy motoring!!! :D

Its different in every way mate! The power from that charger is really quite terrifying I gotta say.. never driven anything like it. Well.. 2CC's VR6 was powerful but in a more refined way.. this is a bit of a madman!

I think you've hit the nail on the head there with the difference between G60s and VR6s. This is what I've always said about the differences. The G60 is a great car to hoon around in, cornering beautifully and just putting the power down from nowhere to 6,000rpm. Whereas the VR6 is a more "quiet" relaxing beast, but still puts down the power from about 3k upwards.

Great to see you're happy with it, looking forward to having a peak at it at the AGM.

£1297 Fully Comp...

Not awful.. but thats the price you get of a modified group 17 car at 23 years old I suppose.