dukest

The Tyre Discussion Thread - please read 1st post

Are the TOYO a good tyre choice? Aretthey a mid range (not budget)?

Or to put it another way - what are the best mid range tyres for standard wheels?

Thanks

Edited by Chuggs1

Are the TOYO a good tyre choice? Aretthey a mid range (not budget)?

Or to put it another way - what are the best mid range tyres for standard wheels?

Thanks

from experience m8 you get what you pay for!

i have found most tires on the VR, & the valver, to be utter ****e & wear rate & wet/dry performance is pap

they are more pricey but the only brand of tires i will run on my rado's is bridgestone

the current 205/50/15 RE002's i have on are superb. barely tell the difference in grip between wet & dry, firm sidewall so corner very well, dont bloody squeal on car parks & the wear rate is excellent. think i got about 14K miles out of the last pair on the front (compared with about 6-7 on avons if lucky)

at the end of the day it is the tire which is the only part on the car which makes contact with the ground & as such should not be skimped on & is one area where you will most certainly feel the difference between prices

Thanks which Bridgestone would you recommend there appear to be at least 4 that will fit?

OK - just reread - RE002s

thats the ones m8

Mr Lobitos can get those as well i believe.

however - i have used event-tyres.co.uk the past few times as they are well priced & include all fitting & balancing etc at your work or home [i absolutely hate tire places with cowboy kid fitters)

the person who put the new ones on the rear of the VR a couple of months ago was a big petrol head too & loved the rado :D lol

Well its in with my garage at the moment having a couple of things done so have just asked them for a price - what have you been paying for them fitted so I have something to gauge against

Well its in with my garage at the moment having a couple of things done so have just asked them for a price - what have you been paying for them fitted so I have something to gauge against

just checked the site i mentioned - if you have 4 they are £78.38 each

ok, prices as follows

205/50x15 toyo t1r @ £ 45.00 inc vat and carriage per tyre, only extra is a £5 per tyre forum donation, plenty of stock. so no problems, let me know

Cheers Mr Lobitos i got some proxies fitted today, as i was running 3 tyres with eggs on the walls!

Bought 4 goodyear eagles part worn off a vw group on facebook.

2 had 5mm and 2 had 7mm of tread. Run them for a day and got eggs on the side walls on 3 of them. Apparently must have been damaged when they were taken off the alloys before i got them, i was told.

Cheers any way. :thumbleft:

Got my money back off the guy who i bought them off £80.

OK - Having Bridgetones - the rears needed replacing so will switch them round so new bridgestones on front and current TR1s on the back. Only problem is they are out of stock till tomorrow so car spends another night at the garage ho hum - getting cold turkey and need her back - need to go for a drive. Good news is the price was good £76.80 inc VAT and fitting for the two

OK - Having Bridgetones - the rears needed replacing so will switch them round so new bridgestones on front and current TR1s on the back. Only problem is they are out of stock till tomorrow so car spends another night at the garage ho hum - getting cold turkey and need her back - need to go for a drive. Good news is the price was good £76.80 inc VAT and fitting for the two

good decision chuggs

i have tried many brands of tire over the years but would only now use bridgestone's on my rado's

pity about the delay but at least it is only a day :)

Just to clarify for anyone who hasn't bought tyre's from Mr Lobitos he gets them for trade price so even with the £5 per tyre forum donation it will still be cheaper than what you could get them elsewhere. Not many like Mr Lobitos about these days.

I'm fine mate thanks for asking. Been rather busy with work lately car will be out for the summer

Hi Mr Lobitos

Any chance you could give me a price on some 225x40x18 tyres. Looking at Uniroyal or Falken.

Need some for my other car.

Thanks

prices as follows for 225/40 x 18

yokohama parada spc2 @ £ 72.00, Uniroyal rsp3 @ £70.00, hankook v12 evo2 @ £62.50, kumho ku37 @ £62.00, falken ze914 @ £ 61.50 , toyot1r @ £58.00

all prices are per tyre, price incs vat and carriage , only extra is the £5 per tyre forum donation, cheers

The Bridgestone Re002s are superb - great grip and road feel - the mechanic at the garage was so impressed that he is getting some for his car. - He did however say " you should get some improved suspension and the car would be perfect" - I did add this is on my very long list

Hi mr lobitos,

Please can you give me a price for 4x 205/50r15 tyres.

Rsp3 or Re002 if you can get them or similar.

Cheers,

prices as follows

205/50x15 Bridgestone RE002 @ £ 55.00, Uniroyal rsp3 @ £ 49.50 , Toyo t1r @ £ 45.00

all prices inc vat and courier charge , just a fiver per tyre forum donation on top. cheers

Michelin ps3 @ £82.00, conti cpc2 @ £70.00, Dunlop sp maxx @ £66.00, goodyear f1 @ £ 65.00, Pirelli p zero nero @ £ 63.00 , hankook ventus @ £60.00, Uniroyal rsp3 @ £52.00

all the above prices inc vat and courier charge

all I ask is a fiver per tyre forum donation

Hi folks, about time to change the boots on my G60, and I need some recommendations!

By the looks of the thread, the RE002's are the most recommended, is there any other tyre I should be considering? After something with good dry grip, and reasonable wet/cold grip as m G60 is a daily driver, and I'm planning on taking it to Germany for a second attempt at the Nurburgring nest year (hopefully I wont break down in belgium next time!)

Hi folks, about time to change the boots on my G60, and I need some recommendations!

By the looks of the thread, the RE002's are the most recommended, is there any other tyre I should be considering? After something with good dry grip, and reasonable wet/cold grip as m G60 is a daily driver, and I'm planning on taking it to Germany for a second attempt at the Nurburgring nest year (hopefully I wont break down in belgium next time!)

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre-Size/

Have a look on this url - really good reviews - just put in the size you are needing and see the reviews and scores - make not on the number of reviews against each tyre to make sure you are getting a god average score based on lots of reviews not just a few. But im using RE002s - and very impressed