dukest

The Tyre Discussion Thread - please read 1st post

Can anyone tell me if 205 tyres on 7j wheels will be ok?

Personally id go for 195 theres hardly anything in it but the 195 gives a slightly less buldgy look still no stretch really if you wanted to see what they look like on 7j theres some pics on my build thread thing that might help

Cheaper too !! 205 s are more expensive for some reason

will include courier charges in all quoted tyre prices as long as whoever is buying the tyres makes a £5 per tyre donation to the forum , does that sound fair

stevef182- they will be either 91/94 load rating and v/w speed rating dependant on manufacter

grim1 - i'm off till sunday so will price then

cheers

I think the £5 per tyre is a great thing! I need 4 205/45 16 for my mini comps. Having read this thread think continental

Sport contact 2 will do fine. Don't think you can get sport contact 3 in that size? Could you give em a price please Mr Lobitos

Personally id go for 195 theres hardly anything in it but the 195 gives a slightly less buldgy look still no stretch really if you wanted to see what they look like on 7j theres some pics on my build thread thing that might help

Cheaper too !! 205 s are more expensive for some reason

Went for a sset of 195 khumo KU31s in the end. Noticed with 195s the arch to wheel gap looks greater than the 205s.

I didn't think Sport contacts were available in 205/45/16 anymore? Good prices though.

Critical_Mass: Yep, that will happen! 205s are chunkier. I know on paper a 195 should only be 10mm narrower than a 205, but in reality, 205/50s are a lot bigger.

I didn't think Sport contacts were available in 205/45/16 anymore? Good prices though.

Critical_Mass: Yep, that will happen! 205s are chunkier. I know on paper a 195 should only be 10mm narrower than a 205, but in reality, 205/50s are a lot bigger.

They were 205/45s and will be swapped fro 195/45s. I'll run the 195s for a while and if there's room i'll put 205s on even maybe just on the back.

205 spc2 @£ 79.50 inc vat

195 spc3 @ £62.50 jnc vat , cheers

Thanks - will give you a shout soonish

i have 195 45 16s yokahamas on the now what advantages do these have over other sizes-if any they do look a bit stretched and very nice i may add

thanks

So can i use them or send them back?

I have been advised by Mr Lobitos that a load index of 80 is plenty for a corrado...

Anyone running 205 45 16s on 7.5 width wheels? Ideally I'd want 215, but these are so expensive compared to the 205. I'm pretty sure they'll be fine, but wanted to hear from someone with first hand experience!

Hi CazzaVR,

I'd say that's a little narrow for 7,5", but doable, but of course it may also depend on the brand of tyre. My 215/45-16 sit on 7" and sit correctly. But the German look is nice :)

Cheers,

Redfox.

measured the tread remaining on my cooper 2X5 tyres after i found the receipt for them, i have done 7000 miles with these tyres fitted and the fronts are down to 7mm and the rears 7.5mm. Not bad considering how good they are, and how cheap they were.

haha yeh thats what you think Kev, but the coopers always score very very highly on the wear rate.

will include courier charges in all quoted tyre prices as long as whoever is buying the tyres makes a £5 per tyre donation to the forum , does that sound

cheers

Sounds pretty good to me. Could you let me know how much for 4 of rainsport 2 or premium contact 2 in 205 50 15? Highest load index available on the rainsports though please. (read on this thread somewhere that it can help improve the soft side walls)

I've read through the posts and I'm just wondering what people think about Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2's and Toyo T1-R's??? I've narrowed it down to these two makes and was just wondering what peoples experience of them has been.