hyland770

White 16v...

Very pretty!

The bumper looks nice with the early spec deep fogs / indicators (compared to my late ones which are frankly rather tatty). You have a very tidy looking front end and the Borbets are the pimpy icing on the cake for me :D

New paint, I assume? Early spec bumper and late spec bonnet was the clue... I'm always on the lookout for good bodyshop recommendations.

Do I spy a solid roof with no sunroof? I wish I didn't have to polish around mine!!

Chris

cheers guys, yeah new paint on the wings and bumpers the doors, bonnet and roof are getting done withing the next month too! and yes that is one solid roof thank god (ive heard the horror stories about them leaking!) yeah think the borbets work really well with the white colouring althouh i think i need some spacers on the back and smaller spacers on the front just to get the stance right and then when the coilovers arrive also have the stance set up and looking fresh!

As for the body shop its called willows garage and their in suffolk, absolutely first class work done there and there good honest guys who love their cars so are always willing to help, there a small company (dont even have /need a website) most of the work is through word of mouth, if you need a hand finding them then let me know because they are superb!

Didnt know mine had a late spec bonnet!? hey ho it makes me smile just gonna keep it looking fresh and running sweet, although i am toying with a vr converesion / turbo atm!!

ive not got a sunroof in mine ,i am glad realy as ive had cars in the past that leak.your bonnet looks the same as mine to me an early un.got to get some paint work done on mine,it wont be untill next spring now tho due to the money ive spent on parts for it

Looks nice mate, now you just need to get that 1.8t in there ;) White Corrados are sexy!

Late bonnets bulge in the middle where early ones sink slightly. I personally prefer the late one, I think it makes the car look meaner.

yeah 1.8t is pretty much at the top of the list of things to do, if anyone wants to come over and lend a hand then ill pay in beer!!! may get that late bonnet too.....

yeah 1.8t is pretty much at the top of the list of things to do, if anyone wants to come over and lend a hand then ill pay in beer!!! may get that late bonnet too.....

i could have sworn the picture you posted showed a modern bump-bonnet - i must be going mad :cuckoo:

anyway, it's defo a tasty car mate, congrats! :clap:

Top drawer Sir.

My last Corrado was white. Always thought it was one of the best colours (when clean) and would have another in a breath !

Old school rims as well. Boss !

Keep them pictures rollin'

trying to upload more pics but it says the pictures are wider than 800 pixels so, computer says no! and i cant be ared to change them all individually as that would take forever!!! ill find a way and update soon... :epicfail:

that's a lush valver, love the borbets too.

mines white (ish) gotta say i'm more of a fan of the bonnet recess rather than bulge, bit more understated.

surely the polo didnt handle better then the corrado :)

how do you find the fitment of the late bonnet? or have got late wings aswell?

always gd to see another alpine :)

if im honest the polo did handle better than the rado :scratch: but the suspension on it was set at the perfect height and the tyres/ rims combo was the perfect width so it just gripped and gripped and had pratically no body roll, im trying to find the guy who bought it and buy it back for a track day car lol

As for the bonnet i didnt fit it tbh, but im sure whoever did also fitted wings aswell as they look a bit beefier than the other early rados iv seen. Still waiting for the bonnet to be resprayed along with the doors so in gloomy weather its a bit of a miss match of colours but in the sun its not so bad and if you dont know its slightly odd shades then you done seem to notice it, specially when its polished and waxed!

thanks for all the comments!

also the arse is too high so need to wind down the coils to get a better stance, going to purchase some hubcentric spacers too next pay day!

Im really liking this chap... looks good. Spacers and more lows will look great!

Im really liking this chap... looks good. Spacers and more lows will look great!

i pretty much want the stance that the rado in your sig has, that looks so mean and knarly! how did you go about it? same as me (coilies and spacers) or different?

i pretty much want the stance that the rado in your sig has, that looks so mean and knarly! how did you go about it? same as me (coilies and spacers) or different?

I had 9's all round buddy with an et of 15... If you want 9s all round though you'll need rolled arches, id run et20-25 up front though as you have early wings.

I had late wings and none of my arches were rolled but the fronts never caught the tyres (wider wings) but the rears did. Oh and you'll need stretchy tyres, i had 215/35 falkens but next time im going to go 205/40 unless i can afford arch work in which case 215/40 works better for me...

I also had weitec coilovers which were pretty damn stiff, not comfy but the car drove like it was on rails...

A pic:

DSC00120.jpg

that is so badass! i wont be going 9's i dont think as iv only just got my borbets i think there the 7.5's so defo need some spacers to get the desired effect, stretched tyres at the end of the month (pay day) has anyone got any pics of stretched tyres on 7.5 wide rims? arches are already slightly rolled so ill be fine on that front just need to wind down the coilies and get the wheels poking out the sides! Thanks for the info buddy massive help! Did you use a rotary to get your paint like that cos it looks epic!

that is so badass! i wont be going 9's i dont think as iv only just got my borbets i think there the 7.5's so defo need some spacers to get the desired effect, stretched tyres at the end of the month (pay day) has anyone got any pics of stretched tyres on 7.5 wide rims? arches are already slightly rolled so ill be fine on that front just need to wind down the coilies and get the wheels poking out the sides! Thanks for the info buddy massive help! Did you use a rotary to get your paint like that cos it looks epic!

Yup, i replied in your other thread, i use menzerna polishes and a silverline rotary...

Don't go any lower than 195/40's, you'll probably want 10-15mm spacers up fronts and 15-20mm on the rear but you might need to roll the arches depending on your offsets. Also, with 195/40's to get the desired effect you're going to have to slam the car....

Crap pic but i only had 195/40's on the front then and i still had space to go lower by about 10-15mm and the wishbones etc used to hit the ground all the time so i jacked it up to this height..

DSC00653.jpg

Right so i havent been making much progress with this project unti now, work work work and no corrado pay makes for a very slow project :brickwall:

but...what i have been able to do is this new momo team steering wheel (the 280mm version - its TINY!) and boss and my big(er) brakes conversion. More lows on the way in spring (too flooded around here for serious lows) and also bike carbs (currently collecting all the necessary parts)

some pics to show you what i've been upto:

Before

IMG_1214.jpg

After

IMG_1219.jpg

IMG_1225.jpg

and the brakes you can just about see behind the borbets, ill get some better ones of those when its stopped raining

IMG_1221.jpg

the important thing is you couldnt see brakes behind those wheels before the conversion hahah just used G60 brembo discs with Vr6 callipers and carriers....simples.