Sign in to follow this  
Swompy

Hows your Rado in the snow

Hows every ones corrado getting on in the snow then?

I've just driven home from gloucester on some preaty bad roads and up a steep hill and the old girl didnt get out of shape once, was driving past loads of abandoned cars and even 4x4 and nothing stopped her :D

Even stopped to give a guy a lift to the town where I live.

Nothing can stop the might German machine ( hope I havnt spoken too soon )

:D

The relatively small, skinny, 15 inch wheels probably help compared to modern huge flat ones.

Even mine manages with 8 inch wide wheels. :lol:

Its more the driving style tbf! Highest gear as possible and no hard braking.

Drove from central London to Chertsey in Surrey today and the car was excellent. That heavy engine over the front wheels gives plenty of grip :)

Saw an MR2 in a ditch on a small back lane coverd in compacted snow and drove past it with a :) on my face at how well the old girl was dealing with it all. :clap:

new 195 uniroyal 'wet' tyres on mine and it's been very good, only time I've really lost grip is over enthusiastic pulling out of junctions, but to be fair most FWD cars are fairly good in the snow unless they have wide low profile tyres on for the weight of car,

saw a fair few BM's and mercs struggling today and my boss who has a new A6 TDI hire car (which should be better with FWD) struggled to get off his drive then got totally stuck just spinning on the spot, traction control on or off :lol:

Spun 180 degrees whilst moving at 20mph over an icy road...front tyres (toyo proxes) are quite worn so i'll put it down to those :norty:

I've been all over and in some pretty deep stuff and not yet gotten stuck. I've probably just cursed myself.

Car is a dream - just trundles up hills in 3rd with no throttle if required, the ABS/Diff thing pinging alway sometimes. Wouldn't want anything else :)

Drove from London to Liverpool and back over the weekend with no issues. Drove through Hertfordshire today and that was pretty bad but no issues so far. Gave a Audi a6 quattro a push but the old rado was fine! I'm shocked by how some people drive though....people driving up eachothers arsed on the motorway is scary.

dam well. Might get some snow tyres in future though. It took me 2 attempts to get up me street today but we had a shed load more snow today

My two are loving it. Both sat on the drive under a couple of inches of snow. :)

Have had a vehicle from work since the snow started. Seen some impressive crashes this weekend; an Alfa with a bollard completely within the engine bay, an MX5 that had spun out and been T Boned by the car following it, and a friend has posted pics of a SUV parked across the road, then upside down. I can only imagine it was operator error in each instance.

Last years snow i was really impressed with how well my C performed.

This year,twice as much power,LSD,snow tyres,i cant stop driving it in the snow, it truly is amazing,it goes places where some 4x4s fear to tread !

Heated leather,and a fantastic heater makes the Corrado a winter beater.

My 2p worth

Mine is perfect stored in garage. Instead I'm using my daily audi allroad, perfect for winter, so far unstoppable car.

Stored away in a garage - so it's doing just fine thnx :)

Although I'm sure it would have no problems coping with winter/snow, reason for it to be resting during winter for me is the amount of SALT they use up here on the roads......if it first start to rust and that sh*** get in there it's not gona be around for long....:(

shite! mines stuck on the street outsite my house instead of being in the garage! i doubt i could get it up the road to the garage either! those on my fb profile might of seen the picutre of it outside my house. i havent even attempted to move it in 4 days :/

Been pretty good. Though I think my tyres are more summer than all-season as I've found it doesn't take ANY provocation to spin the wheels up, and I've had a few "shimmys" whilst traversing roundabouts..

Sick to death of the endless scraping and removing snow from the thing though :| Need a change in weather badly.

I`ll tell you once I manage to dig the old girl out :lol:

Same here - Even if I could get out, the centre ridges in the roads are really high (and that's the main roads.)

All the villagers were out in force on Sunday clearing the roads, even a local Farmer came by to help with plough.

Looks like no gritting has gone on for 4 days on main Southam Road from Banbury.

Got a lift in at 7.40am this morning - wow, how dark is it then - not used to seeing that time of day !!!!!!

Seen quite afew abandoned mercs....also had to help push an e200 and new shape 5 series as they were stuck. Don't think rwd can cut it as there is no weight over the rear axle!

FWD or 4wd :D seems to be the way to go!

Seen quite afew abandoned mercs....also had to help push an e200 and new shape 5 series as they were stuck. Don't think rwd can cut it as there is no weight over the rear axle!

FWD or 4wd :D seems to be the way to go!

my mate has a Eclas estate and as you say no weight over the back axle it just spins up. with it being automatic we put it in gear. the wheels started spinning we both had to get out to push it out of the space with it still spinning!

Same here - Even if I could get out, the centre ridges in the roads are really high (and that's the main roads.)

Yep! I've had to jack my suspension up to stop the front spoiler (90mm) ploughing said snow.

And in the process of doing so, I managed to seize all 4 KW spring perches :bad-words: :lol: