V-Dubstar

Vibratechnics Engine Mounts GB Feeler

Hi kev just wondered.if you knew the part number for the mk2 deisel gearbox mount very interested in getting one as my gearbox mount needs replacing

Aaron

There doesn't seem to be a 'diesel' spec one any more mate.

Part number - 191199402C seems to cover all MK2s and some Corrados.

on my last corrado i bought both rear mounts that were said to be uprated but oem from g werks. think they came to about 70 quid for both.

any ideas when the gb is likely to take place? i know its only been going for a few days :nuts: its just i go on holiday on thursday and probably wont be able to access a computer till i get back on the 23rd of jan

on my last corrado i bought both rear mounts that were said to be uprated but oem from g werks. think they came to about 70 quid for both.

any ideas when the gb is likely to take place? i know its only been going for a few days :nuts: its just i go on holiday on thursday and probably wont be able to access a computer till i get back on the 23rd of jan

Im waiting for a reply from C&R mate, and an initial response from JBS. Honestly can't say but I doubt it's gonna be ready tomorrow!! :lol:

Lol nah i appreciate that v dubstar and also appreciate it takes up alot of your own time in organising something like this. Just dont want to miss out on it thats all as it seems like itll be a pretty good saving

Lol nah i appreciate that v dubstar and also appreciate it takes up alot of your own time in organising something like this. Just dont want to miss out on it thats all as it seems like itll be a pretty good saving

Don't worry dude I will make sure that u don't miss out :D

A valiant effort V-Dubstar and totally appreciate your point about not wanting to take on distribution of parts for a £7 saving! Guess it's every man for himself now then!

A valiant effort V-Dubstar and totally appreciate your point about not wanting to take on distribution of parts for a £7 saving! Guess it's every man for himself now then!

Thanks Mark :lol: Yeh, sorry about that but it really isn't worth the effort. I wanted mine fairly soon anyways so Im gonna order mine now.

Guess this is officically called off then, sorry guys :?

Thanks for trying away mate. I would feel exactly the same as you do about it. Il just order mine in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks again

neh mind eh! will have a look about, where is everyone getting theres from then??

Just what I was thinking, i was thinking competition front and fast road rear & gearbox!

So who does the best price on these 3?

i think it was jbs that were the cheapest i found for em!

Bugger just looked on the JBS site and i'm not going to get any change for £300! :shock:

think im gonna get one of the solid ones that cazza has just fitted and put a golf derv on the box and dunno on the toher lol

think im gonna get one of the solid ones that cazza has just fitted and put a golf derv on the box and dunno on the toher lol

See Page 3 of this thread, I've already approached the seller of the solid VR6 front mounts about a potential group buy on these and he has promised to come back to me in the next few days with a price - I'm hoping around £45.00 each delivered, but will have to wait and see.

It will be the same as his E Bay one with 3 minor differences:

1) It will be 100% crack detected to ensure there are no inherent flaws in the ally

2) It will be anodised in Chromic Acid which still gives corrosion protection but retains all the inherent strength of the material

3) The bolt will be Zinc Plated & Colour Passivated rather than just blackened as again it gives superior corrosion protection and being grade 12.9 steel it will be heat treated both prior and post plating to remove embrittlement stresses from the plating process.

Be interested in numbers, hopefully 10 people would be enough to get a good price.

Cheers,

Ian.

See Page 3 of this thread, I've already approached the seller of the solid VR6 front mounts about a potential group buy on these and he has promised to come back to me in the next few days with a price - I'm hoping around £45.00 each delivered, but will have to wait and see.

It will be the same as his E Bay one with 3 minor differences:

1) It will be 100% crack detected to ensure there are no inherent flaws in the ally

2) It will be anodised in Chromic Acid which still gives corrosion protection but retains all the inherent strength of the material

3) The bolt will be Zinc Plated & Colour Passivated rather than just blackened as again it gives superior corrosion protection and being grade 12.9 steel it will be heat treated both prior and post plating to remove embrittlement stresses from the plating process.

Be interested in numbers, hopefully 10 people would be enough to get a good price.

Cheers,

Ian.

I fitted one of these recently as whilst I an more than happy with how it performs, I've had an issue with it already, as has Cazza.

Was a funny noise from the front last night so took it easy and investigated this morning. Was very surpised to find the bolt had fallen out the bottom of the mount! I had certainly tightened it when fitted last week, but on advice from Cazza was due to check. His top bolt had worked loose!

I replaced the bolt but the replacement was slightly short and only covered about 4 winds of thread - promptly stripped the thread from the mount without even applying much force. I managed to get a really long bolt and applied locking compound (as per Kev's suggestion elsewhere) so hopefully this will help but will keep a close eye.

Two things then to beware of -

> you can't torque the bolts right up due to the nature of the alloy.

> The bolts may have a tendancy to loosen, so locking compound is a must.

I'm not saying this to put people off, just sharing info to hopefully benefit all when they go to fit. :)

I've had a Road going front mount in for 12 years. It's been fine and never touched it.

If I were you guys I'd go for set of Black Forest Industry mints.

Think it's about £160 delivered for a set of 3 from the states. I picked up a front mount for £45 when I was in the US last year...