Sign in to follow this  
Alex_G60_Fanatic

Other peoples cars...

Just been for a drive in this bad boy...

jims car.jpg[/attachment:drm03j40]Very fun, although the gear change was very slow!

I was just wondering, do you know a car that some one owns that you've been gagging to get in and have a go? :norty:

oohh yes......the guy who I rent my business property from owns an RS6 plus - been in passenger seat a few times with him showing what it can do but would love to have a go myself !!

pops 993 C2S - he still won't let me drive it!

Also, a nice guards red 964 near train station I see most mornings. Ubér cool old guy driving it with big smile on his face. Probably 'cus I wave to him everytime! :lol:

pete_griff's BMW E39 M5... had the fortune to drive it once and nearly had a crisis. Absolutely stunning machine in every single way.

The only ' other person's ' car I really wanted to drive was Pat McCrotch's R32.

I'm not normally a fan of modern VAGs but because of what Neil did to it, I was itching to have a go.

Revo 270ish horse map, Haldex sport controller, Haldex sport switch, 19" Golf R rims, Eibach springs etc etc.

The DSG really makes these cars. Without it I don't think it's half the car personally, the snappy throttle marries together with the snappy DSG shifts absolutely perfectly and the launch control is just fantastic :D

Obviously no where near as quick as my C, except the 0-30 traction, but soooooooo smooth and civilised, but still has a twang of animalness about it because of the exhaust bypass valves. Awesome.

I think Neil really misses it!

my mates old fiat coupe 20v turbo! i drove it once and it was very quick then he got loads of work done to it. 369.8bhp at the wheels and think 428.6 bhp at the fly. i got to take it down the pod! it was like a f##kin rocket nothin beat it, no evo, no subaru, nout! (only big american engine stuff)

cant beleave how well it got the power down for a FWD car. proper weapon!

fiat.JPG[/attachment:3hdb6q0u]

My Dads mate had a Lexus IS200 sport, managed to blag a go behined the wheel. It was great fun as at the time I was driving a Pug 106 1.1 XN

Then a couple of years later I had a go in his Scuby WRX STi something or other.

Scared the crap out of him, never laughed so hard as he was grabbing the seat, dash and door handle for support.

Now he's got an Audi RS4 avant, not had a go in that yet. But waiting!

Also had a go in a mates XR3i about 13 years ago. The car had some extras but I can't remember what.

And my uncles Jag S type 3 and his new VW Touareg, 3.0 TDi, both where nice smooth rides. Supprisingly little body roll in the Touareg.

I've been lucky enough to drive many many cars which aren't mine, but the one that I'd love to drive and haven't is my Uncles Lotus 7. Not Caterham, original Lotus 7. I've driven his Vanquish, but no one drives the 7...... ironically not even him 364 days of the year! :lol:

I am very fortunate to drive many manufacturer demos through work, but our MD had one of these for while (X6M) and i managed do get a drive, despite being a hideous car in an even worse colour, 550bhp in something so large is an experience you don't forget in a hurry...

p7150756.jpg

my mates old fiat coupe 20v turbo! i drove it once and it was very quick then he got loads of work done to it. 369.8bhp at the wheels and think 428.6 bhp at the fly. i got to take it down the pod! it was like a f##kin rocket nothin beat it, no evo, no subaru, nout! (only big american engine stuff)

cant beleave how well it got the power down for a FWD car. proper weapon!

fiat.JPG[/attachment:zldaxxkd]

Good stuff! Got a spec list handy? :norty:

I think if I got a Fiat Coupe the first thing I'd do would be to buy several tins of filler and delete those stupid slit things above the wheels. They spoil an otherwise very pretty car.

unfortunatly he has "broke" the car for parts as he was struggling to sell it and wasnt really that expensive for you were getting. all the good stuff like aqua jet, huge turbo, intercooler etc went really quick. sold the engine in bits head, camshafts, bottom end. he got more breaking it then he wanted for selling it!

i did manage to get the front calipers of him though, 4 pot brembo's! :norty:

i will speak to him and find out all the spec of him and let you know.

the lines in the wing match the bonnet and bumper, without them might look a bit odd! :scratch: but saying that it is a bit of an odd looking car in the first place.

arnt those X6's meant to be a load of poo?

arnt those X6's meant to be a load of poo?

yes and no...for such a large car they are very capable and hate to admit an enjoyable drive, the 35d is particularly impressive. However they are less practical than an X5, ugly and actually not very good in snow or off road.

however i did once get a ride in this, not sure if it counts cos it at a track day but..

atoml.jpg

my dads Dodge Ram SRT10 8.3 v10

stainless gas flowed headers high flow cats B+B exhaust , K & N dustbin size induction kit, lightend and balanced flywheel, large bore throttle body, hartage short shift kit, paddle clutch, custom remap....... factory 500bhp not sure what it is now as i forgottn the rr test surprisingly wasnt much more though like 550bhp ....never driven it been passenger a couple times but i sooooooooooo want to drive it it just launches and is surprisngly quick 100mph is just ticking over in 6th at 1500 ish rpm lol

it is massive and red and sounds ridiculous... also has the added benifit of the amtrack train horns so could be good fun!

My colleague has a Nissan GTR, been in it several times, its absolutley epic. There aren't really many quicker real-world cars out there in my book. He describes it as weapons grade, I have to agree.

pete_griff's BMW E39 M5... had the fortune to drive it once and nearly had a crisis. Absolutely stunning machine in every single way.

I second that, its one hell of a machine :salute: