gradeAfailure

The "Will these wheels and tyres fit" thread

Ok iv just read this thread and im trying to run 7.5 x 17 with et35 shud be ok apparently however when test fitted the front they wouldn't fit as the calipers hit the inside face of the rim.

Anyone know why? Do have to fit an 8mm spacer?

Iv got a vr6.

Edited by bigchagg

Ok iv just read this thread and im trying to run 7.5 x 17 with et35 shud be ok apparently however when test fitted the front they wouldn't fit as the calipers hit the inside face of the rim.

Anyone know why? Do have to fit an 8mm spacer?

Iv got a vr6.

What's the wheel's?

The wheels are a set of bbs rs reps

I'll pass this to BristolBaron I can't get how if they are ET35 and 5x100 fitment they would foul on your brake caliper if you had big brake's yes but you haven't :scratch:

They do, its the dish on them. To get a good dish with that width the wheel face sits very close to the hub face therefore close to the calipers. If its front you want hubcentric and I think the minimum you can get with them is 8mm wide.

They do, its the dish on them. To get a good dish with that width the wheel face sits very close to the hub face therefore close to the calipers. If its front you want hubcentric and I think the minimum you can get with them is 8mm wide.

Yes this is what's happening. I'm gonna play around with some spacers this week and see fits best.

Looking at some wheels for my 1.8 16V fronts are 16" 8.5J ET50 and the rears are a 16" 9J ET50 my arches are already rolled but can be pulled but just wondering if an ET50 would give me any clearance issues over the the front 256mm's and or what spacers I might need!

Standard wheels will be 6.5, ET43. Simple maths says that you will have 32mm less clearance behind the fronts and they will extend another 18mm. You will have 39mm less clearance behind the rears which will extend another 25mm. I'd think that you will certainly need spacers behind the wheels to clear the struts and obviously the width of the spacer will bring the wheel out by the same amount. I'm not quite sure how you would work out the width of the spacers without having a selection of them to try. Perhaps some-one else who has a similar set-up will jump in and help.

I had 9x16 et15 on my 16v and there was maybe 4mm between the trailing arm and wheel so you would need spacers to bring the et to around et15 to get them on the back to clear the trailing arm hope that helps with standard rolled arches you will need to run 205/40 tyres to prevent rubbing

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

Hi can someone please tell me if a set of Lenso bsx 16x7.5 et25 with 195/45/16 will fit my vr6 without any arch work? Thanks.

Thanks :thumbleft: forgot to say it will be on coilovers as well but unsure how low it will be until I get it back from the garage.

Edited by Gibbo

You will be fine bud mine on KW V1's 8x16" ET15 205/45/16's [ATTACH=CONFIG]80007[/ATTACH]

Will either of these fit on the VR6? I know I'd need adapters, could they work?

8,5x17 5x112 ET13 the hub hole 66,5mm

or

8,5x17 5x112 ET28

or

7x17 5x112 ET-45

or also, how would these look:

7,5x17 5x100 ET32 The diameter of the center bore: 57,1mm.

Edited by Declan Sedrick Lehane

Think you'll struggle with the first two due to needing adaptors and the already low ET. set three will be fine with 20/25mm adaptors and set four near perfect and fit straight on

what would the last set look like? Will they will the arches well enough? Cars Lowered and ideally would like it sitting rather flush!

These are BBS RC's, 17x7.5 ET35, so your gonna have a whole 3mm more poke, you could always add a 5-8mm spacer

Cheers for that!!

I just don't know if 17's are too much for the Raddo!

All depends on the fit, ET's, tyres widths etc. Some look over wheeled but most when thought about look just right. 17's gives you that little bit more clearance too

Cheers for that!!

I just don't know if 17's are too much for the Raddo!

As said, It depends on the wheel, the RC's do tend to look bigger for some reason, dont know if its the long spoke design.

Which wheels were you considering?

Here's another pic of the RC's and also bare in mind, my car wasn't that low, if you get the tyres slightly tucked, 17's look great

The last two are 17x8.5 ET35 CH's :cool:

If they are not that wide they should tuck well (if 7.5)

I've got BBS RC's in 16 x 7.5 form which I want to sell to go 17's soon, I just think that you need to think a little more when it comes to getting 17's to sit 'right'

Bill- CH's looked the biz