gradeAfailure

The "Will these wheels and tyres fit" thread

Hey not sure who I should direct this towards but hoping someone can help. Looking at a set of 16x8's et25 to run on my 1990 16v. No arch work done and standard ride height....the more i write the more uncool the car sounds. Will lower car on coilovers at some stage soon but while I'm back in scotland, visiting parents, I thought i'd take advantage of getting some wheels that i cant buy back in NZ.

Cheers in advance

Ross

seen done before just wondering little advise from you guys over here on adapters/spacer sizes:

Porsche twist (90's Italian Reps)

17x7.5 ET 52 (front not worried about fitment)

17x9 ET 47 (rear worried)

Falken 912's Z 205/40's are pulled around 17x9's already

Rather not do any fender pulling back there unless have too, I plan on rolling fenders with out doubt though. Running FK Street Coilovers, and 4x100 (G60), I have H&R 25mm (50294564-716) Adapter/spacers laying around as well, that I am going to attempt to use on front or back (most likely back). Thanks in advance guys!!

Edited by BmoreDub(s)

Hi Guys,

I have just recently purchased some WRD mesh wheels for the rado and now having doubts on whether i can get them to fit! Specs are 16x9 et 13 + 19 however they are 5x100 and will have to run 15mm adapters bringing the offsets to around -2 and 4. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I have just recently purchased some WRD mesh wheels for the rado and now having doubts on whether i can get them to fit! Specs are 16x9 et 13 + 19 however they are 5x100 and will have to run 15mm adapters bringing the offsets to around -2 and 4. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

With 15mm adapters you'll get 16x9 ET-2 and ET4 so arch work would definitely be needed :(

Fortunately i bought the car with 16x9j borbets et15 i beleive, so the arches have already been rolled (possibly flared). Could i be lucky and get these to fit? Will be running 215/40 tyres

You could try them on to see how much they poke, but I'd imagine the fronts would be the biggest problem. Sorry I can't be of more help

I guess i am going to have too! Literally only just bought them, waiting for them to be deliverd. Already bought tyres and adapters so going to be an expensive mistake if they dont fit!

Hi all - hopefully someone can help as im struggling with this will it / wont it fit

I brought back my old 1990 16v 2 weeks ago & need to take the 17" wolf race wheels off as they rub the inner arch, plus im not completely sure what the 'standard' wheel size was as i cant remember from when i last owned it.

Im on the point of agreeing to buy some BBS RX 2's which are 16" with an offset of ET45 & currently have 205*50*16 tyres on - can somebody please save my sanity & clarify if they would fit ok on standard suspension height without spacers?

Fronts 7.5J Et35 - 195/40/16 Proxies T1-Rs

Rears 9J Et25 - 195/45/16 Nankang NS2

Will these fit a rado vr6?

Yes these will fit providing you haven't lowered too much. The width and et of the rears may cause the tyres to catch on the arches.

Plus I wouldn't want to run that much stretch on the rears... I would go 205/45/16 minimum

As owen has said 195/45 is a fair bit of stretch on a 9 (I currently run 215/40 on a 9) which is perfect for a rado i think.

The tyres weren't really the issue guys as long as the wheels would fit? Would rolling the arches help or would it need more work?

Thanks both :)

hi I've just bagged a set of borbet t's at a super cheap price, 16x7.5 et35, would these bolt straight up? they are 4x100 and going on my 16v, was thinking 195-45-16 tyres too. thanks

Oh and I'm sitting pretty low at the moment although on coil overs to can easily adjust if needed!

They are perfect if you are sitting pretty low go 195/40's

Great thank you for that, the cars on 17's with 205/40s so hopefully 45's will be fine on 16's, oh and hopefully a better ride too!

Do people generally stick with 205s when going from 6.5j to 7j? Looking to upsize to 16" and 205/45s seem like the best choice but just want to confirm.

Also, with going up to 16s I'd be adding about 1kg to each wheel. I'm trying to figure out if this will be very noticeable, in terms of unsprung weight? Don't want to absolutely ruin it, but a lot of people run 16s so I'm thinking it can't be that bad. I've got a stock suspension set-up for the moment, eventually hoping to upgrade that.

You will be fine with 16's and the tyre sizes give you a bit of comfort. I have 205/45/16 on my 8x16" Comp's you may be ok with 195/45/16's on a 7j rim though.

The photo below shows a 195/45 on a 7 x 16 rim at the front ............. 205/45 on an 8 x16 rim at the back

P5190009.jpg

Ta lads, that's helpful! Just needed to hear someone say it's ok. I'll be keeping the speedies for winter tyres anyway, and hopefully eventually get them refurbed.

Ok iv just read this thread and running 7.5 x 17 with et35 shud be ok apparently however when test fitted the front they wouldn't fit as the calipers hit the inside face of the rim.

Anyone know why? Do have to fit an 8mm spacer?

Iv got a vr6.