robrado974

insurance is up soon !how much have the prices gone up ?

as above . i have phoned the usuall [ ones that advertise on here] the cheapest i got was £311.00 the other one was£550.00 and and one said we cant even get near that!. i hope that performance direct come good again , last year i paid £196.00 for the vr . i except they have gone up and my car is modified but come on i am nearly 42 for gods sake !.me mate who sold me the car went on to buy a an r32 . he paid £500.00 last year , this year they want a grand!!!, told him to speak to performance direct ,they came back to him with a price ....£1300!!! . the answer why we pay so much is obvious ,but why does the honest geezer have to pay through the nose for those who choose not to have insurance?.

prices have gone up, my renewal was more expensive then the previous year. messed around with lots of phones calls and manged to knock off a couple hundred quid with them.

i ended up going with greenlight, underwriten by liverpool victoria. all mods declared it was around £430 i think but cant quite remembe. you have to do it through an online quite and await a reply though. but it was defo worth it.

Mine's up for renewel towards the end of the month, been quoted about £60 more than last year (£460). Hope there's a bit of improvement from shopping around but I'm preparing to have to pay that amount. I'm amazed how some of you younger guys can pay the horrific premiums being charged, its just a joke what the companies ask for!

Footman James if you can meet criteria.

1st VR6 290 a year

2nd VR6 202 a year

£397 on my 4 mo rado in sept when I took it off the road,now I want it back on the road 5 months later they want £470.

mileage restriction and must be garaged but they are flexible and sometimes driveway is enough and they take basic modifications as well.

mmmm. ok i always do mileage restriction anyway [last year i did 450 ]. and its garaged , but i have the following , mods . alloys , pack 'a' head , superchip, induction kit , stainless exhaust , full respray . will try them and see what they come up with .thanks for info rob

Footman James if you can meet criteria.

1st VR6 290 a year

2nd VR6 202 a year

How do you get those prices if the company is a bit funny over mods?

How do you get those prices if the company is a bit funny over mods?

Simple, get online quote as a standard car, you won't get a price, you will get reference number, then give them a call, tell them ref number and ad modifications on top of the price. The do lights, brakes, suspension, alloys, exhaust. They don't do turbo kit :(

just tried to do quote online . seems they do not except mods .

they do on the phone

I'm just in the process of doing my insurance

My passat as main car & the corrado as second car limited to 4k miles & social only

Best i can get is £763 fully comp for both

couple of other companys wanted nearly a grand just for the passat

Mine hasn't gone up this year thankfully.

This time the insurance companies are blaming the premium increases on 'injury lawyers' encouraging people to claim for bogus injuries. It's all a big feckin scam between the pair of them, like computer virus and malware writers being the same people who sell you protection software.

mmmm. ok i always do mileage restriction anyway [last year i did 450 ]. and its garaged , but i have the following , mods . alloys , pack 'a' head , superchip, induction kit , stainless exhaust , full respray . will try them and see what they come up with .thanks for info rob

You should be fine with that list, my G60 is, on balance, a bit more modded than that and kept on a driveway and got a fair deal. 3000 miles, low excess etc. They insured it as a classic/future classic. Only things the came on the conditions were that I am the ONLY driver. Also, as its a classic policy no calims is irrelvant to reductions, apparently! Although they still wanted to know what I had....

I ended up paying under £400 for it with Footman James. (27 when policy was taken out with IAM and 7 years No Claims)

You'd all **** your pants if you saw the cost of my insurance.

I'm being absolutely shafted after some twonk ran a red and took out my last car, liability is still in dispute(he didn't see the red light because he was on his phone so it must have been green!) and I'm refusing to settle.

I can get insured on a tidy daewoo matiz for about 3.5k.

well just got my insurance through from performance direct ,last year i paid £196 this year its come in at £279!! and thats the cheapest i can get . not happy at all i hate insurance companys .

bloody injury claims!

mine is up for renewal next month, i did a comparison website check in jan, wasnt great but a fair starting point. went back to check it last week and its gone up £100! WTF?

and they wonder why people cant be bothered with it.

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

while i remember do brentacre still do a forum discount?

yep i agree ,i think someone said it already , that its easier to put up our ins than mess around with court stuff and fines for the people that dont bother or make mickey mouse claims . if i was in charge i would hand out a two year sentence for no ins .

if i was in charge id make this insurance scam a thing if the past.

insure the person, not the vehicle. provided its road legal you can jump in and drive.

if you do crash it you need corresponding injuries, so therefore cant pay some muppet to crash it for you!

one of the few things in life the yanks have got right.

polish points system too!

my renewal suddenly has a £75 windscreen excess on it - so thanks to all of you guys "accidently" dropping hammers on your screens while getting a respray.. :mad2: ;)