Sign in to follow this  
Andi

The Admin's woes and yays... (",)

Just thought I'd fill you all in on what's currently up with the admin's mota'!

:: I think the main hose which comes out the water pump and goes to the block, has the sensors, etc, has split. So much so that any water in the system lasts about 30 seconds, then its dry again. Apparently, to get proper access, this in an inlet-manifold off job. Nice.

:: Heater matrix blew last week. So that's currently by-passed.

:: Slide doesn't work on the sunroof, only tilt. Been that way since about September. Don't really use it anyway, 'cos of the aircon.

:: Rear number plate lights don't seem to work anymore.

:: Air-to-feet hasn't worked for about a year...

Stuff I've fixed recently:

:: Handles were a bit stiff. Ant greased them up for me. A lot better.

:: Driver's side mirror smashed - both the glass and plastic. Got replacement, sprayed, and like new now.

:: Stereo was all bullet-connectored. Joined up an ISO block so its all standard now.

:: Ignition barrell lost 'Start' position, so Push-button start installed in the cig-lighter hole. £1.49 from Maplins for the button. :)

:: Aircon was a little unreliable. Replaced a relay and found a dodgy connection.

Current plan of action:

It's booked to be towed down to Darren's workshop tomorrow. I know he's a G60 man and doesn't touch VR6's with barge-poles, but I'll hide in the corner, nick his tools, and his knowledge, and pull the sodding thing apart and get it on the road again! When I get some time off work that is.

I'll also pick up a £100 bread-van Polo from down there too, so at least I have 4 wheels (and a heater! :lol:) to shift my fat arse about.

Happy days......

Yeah, would love the moonroof. Depends if I wanna spend money getting it all working.... or just get the sod on the road and flog it ;)

I'm a bit undecided at the moment.

how much we talkin for a moonroof henny??

Parts vary... I got mine for a steal, and have possibly got one lined up for a similar price which I've offered to both Jim then Andi as first refusals... If the deal pulls off, and neither of them want it, I'll put it on the Forum's for sale at a good price... 8)

The actual cost of the work all varies by labour costs... If you're prepared to do the work yourself, it'll cost you the price of the roof and a couple of washers and most of a day to fit properly... 8) If you want someone else who's done it before to fit it for you, it'll be between 3 and 5 hours labour at whatever rate they charge you... :roll:

for the water leak.

buy a new "crack pipe" the rigid pipe from the water pump to the sensor housing

a new coolant sensor housing

a new thermostat housing and thermostat.

and then join in with the samco hose group buy in club GTI!

take the front end of the car off to access the pipe.

I want a moonroof for myn as myn has scratches on the sunroof panel... :(

let me no if one comes avalible... :wink:

Andi, theres not actually that much wrong with it! - Hopefully you can get it sorted fairly quickly and cheaply with help from people on here, I personally wouldn't want to get rid of it as it has leather and aircon!!

I know its on high miles but thats a testament to the build quality of VW engines :roll:

Hope you get it all sorted mate!

Yeah I know, its just seems to be one little thing after another!

Off she goes... when she returns, nobody knows.....

No bread-van for me to collect (slipping clutch, so no thanks) so its off on its own.

:: Air-to-feet hasn't worked for about a year...

Mine was the same... but when I was wiring in my laser/radar detector I had to remove the passenger side under-tray & another cover that has the feet vent in it (again passengers side)

When I was looking about in there, I noticed that one of the little steel cables had come off. So I snapped it back on again & hey presto... heat for the feet :D

The cable is easy to see but to find where the cable snaps onto, just turn the 'heater direction control' when the cover is off & you can then see the rods move.

Andi, theres not actually that much wrong with it! - Hopefully you can get it sorted fairly quickly and cheaply with help from people on here, I personally wouldn't want to get rid of it as it has leather and aircon!!

I know its on high miles but thats a testament to the build quality of VW engines :roll:

Hope you get it all sorted mate!

.......not just any old leather too..........but recaro's finest :wink: 8) 8) 8)

Well, she's back on the road, and not being towed for a change!!

Darren and Liam have done a great job. Apparently the front of the car has been in bits 3 times, as they'd fix something, put it all back together, then find its still leaking... lol.

And shock of all shocks from the g-man himself "they ain't bad those vr6s, are they".

At least I know they've had some fun with the amount of miles they've racked up on her.... ;)

Cheers G-Werks, you rule :)

Maybe you need to rent the garage next door too and open V-Werks :idea:

Why's the spoiler up?

'Cos I felt like it ;)

Just my heater matrix to do now!

Oh, and the sunroof.

Then there's the body work...

Ah, and the wheels....... Any offers? :lol:

Well, she's back on the road, and not being towed for a change!!

Darren and Liam have done a great job. Apparently the front of the car has been in bits 3 times, as they'd fix something, put it all back together, then find its still leaking... lol.

And shock of all shocks from the g-man himself "they ain't bad those vr6s, are they".

At least I know they've had some fun with the amount of miles they've racked up on her.... ;)

Cheers G-Werks, you rule :)

Maybe you need to rent the garage next door too and open V-Werks :idea:

yeah allways a pleasure for you andi.... v-werks hummm yeah why not ... :lol:

well I may have the roof sorted for you... ;)

I'll find out this weekend if stealth haven't finished my gearbox.... 8)

hmmmmmmmm V-Werks... has a certain ring to it doesn't it?!? ;)

Give it a couple days you forget all abt V-werks once the beast is out......

Nuff Boost

So when is the V-Werks 24vEatonVR6 coming out? ;)

Right - now your Rado is back, you can dismiss any thoughts of Golf R32's Andi!!