KADVR6

coming back to corrado ownership

well went out in a corrado two weekends ago and decided i want another one, since i havent had a corrado all my tools havent been used at all, and want a car that will need fixing at least once a week,

got about 4 corrados that im intrested in buying, all in different ways of mods, and also a mint standard one i am intrested in,

cant wait to sell the tt and get another corrado.

Karl

I think the Corrado should be renamed the Boomerang.. because of the way people try and get rid of them, and then just can't and have to come back to ownership. Be good to see you on the forums a bit more again Karl!

They all come back! Its addictive. Will look forward to seeing what you do with this, have you thought about looking for a non runner so you can finish the 3.2 project you started? 4mo engines are going for dirt cheap at the moment as well!

It seems (just based on my observations) to be that people who turn their Corrado's into big projects ultimately end up losing interest and selling up / moving on.. probably a lot to be said for sticking with a fairly original car and just making it nice and new again?

I hear what your saying Jim, i bought mine as a non runner with the intention of putting an r32 in but problem after problem caused me to get so down about it all I just sold everything and rebuilt the VR6 engine and although I wish things were different and i'd had finished it off i'm over the moon with my car.

So what are the plans then karl?

It seems (just based on my observations) to be that people who turn their Corrado's into big projects ultimately end up losing interest and selling up / moving on.. probably a lot to be said for sticking with a fairly original car and just making it nice and new again?

Sooooo true mate, the next one will be oe+ all the way

Personally I think that most folks who do the big projects always end up disappointed but will never admit it, you put a lot of time and effort into something and expect it to be amazing and then it isn't so you just want rid of it.

It'll be good to see you back in a Corrado Karl! Been too long. There are a lot of very good examples for sale at the moment so you've got the pick of the crop too!

Yeah, will be good to have you back where you belong Karl - all that mucking about with 20vT's was never going to keep you happy for long!

Mark

cheers for the welcome back guys, and yeh there a few nice ones for sale at the moment that i'm intrested in namely the following in no particular order.

Andy's green storm AKA, C5 OEM

Nathans Blackberry AKA C488ADO

Mics 2.824v

Marks (rado2) storm grey vr6

all the above have got things i like about them and they all have something i'm not happy about, and that has not nothing to do with any of the above cars its just me being me.

so be carefull i will soon be racking up the alloy wheel collection very very soon, and buying anything on the for sale section lol.

karl

Edited by KADVR6
cant spell

Ive come to the same conclusion. Ive been on the Corrado forum every day since I sold OSV back to Gareth and would like another.

Ive looked at a couple of 2-3k cars and they havent been up to my standard body wise.

Ill probably wait now till later in the year and spend a bit more to get a decent one again.

C5 OEM seems to be a bargain to me. It's in superb condition and a surefire investment if you plan to keep it mostly OE...

i went & came back

i like to play with the spanners so the first thing ive done to this corrado is buy & refresh another 9A and just swapped it over

This i plan on just making clean & tidy overall with a few subtle bits & pieces

Good to see ya back

Mics isn't for sale is it??!!!?

Hmmmmm, well kind of...... but I'm not really trying..... lol

Plus I don't think mine will cut it bodywork wise for Karl.

Personally I think that most folks who do the big projects always end up disappointed but will never admit it, you put a lot of time and effort into something and expect it to be amazing and then it isn't so you just want rid of it.

I think it also comes down to a lot of people who have big plans being retarded.

Jim i think ur spot on with that ......every project has so much promise and they never seem to materialise into what we expect no mater how much we through at them

yanards how true

Edited by shaunVR6

Hmmmmm, well kind of...... but I'm not really trying..... lol

Plus I don't think mine will cut it bodywork wise for Karl.

sorry for not calling you back mate just been very busy but will call you tomorrow about your car, and i'm glad you have mentioned your bodywork as that is the one area about your car i'm slightly concerened about, if i'm being honest mate.

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

C5 OEM seems to be a bargain to me. It's in superb condition and a surefire investment if you plan to keep it mostly OE...

yeh its in my two top corrados that i'm truly interested mate

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

yeh i do like that one also, sooo many choice lol

That's fine mate, I've only been working tonight anyway (in between the forum lol) so probably best I got on with it.

Regarding the bodywork, have a look on my members thread I'm always honest about what is good and bad on the car. It will definitely need some work on the passenger rear arch and it has been keyed which I haven't sorted yet. Plus the usual stone chips etc..

Better I tell you now than waste both yours and my time/effort to see the thing in person, plus I'm still not 100% on the idea of selling so I won't be offended if it's not for you..... I'll just keep it.