jimpy66

The Corrado's finest hour............quick- place your bets

After six happy months of ownership, I've almost sold the VR6 (I always planned to sell now). It's taken six weeks or so of adverts, dozens of emails and only one viewer and today the prospective owner comes to buy.

Question is... will it behave?

In the last six months the car has been virtually trouble free. But, like for the previous owner, Phil, will it be spiteful? When I travelled 400 miles to buy it, it wouldn't start without twenty attempts. (once home, I found poor relay connection and its behaved ever since.)

Will the sunroof pack in today? Will the sump collapse and dump oil over the drive? Will the heater matrix explode over our feet?

Place your bets quick- he comes in half an hour.

Odds as follows:- Exploding heater matrix 20-1

Ignition barrel switch seize 30-1 (its new)

Sunroof wont open 15-1

handbrake jams on 40-1 (fitted new cables)

Just wont start 23-1

Heater controls snap 13-2

Heated seats in flames 10-1

VIN proves its a 16v instead 55-1 (I've checked)

Wish me luck!

My money is on the oil pressure sensor, happened to me the day I was selling my old 16v, and also happened on my vr the day I was going away for a week in it :lol:

What odds will you give me on either the spoiler not working or it cuts out on the test drive? :)

As long as its not me viewing the car you'll be fine. Every single one of the cars I viewed developed a fault while I was test driving it.Oil pressure sensor was one.Spoiler another.Stalling.Electric.All sorts of things.I will vote for heater matrix on this though.Good luck :)

Yeeeeeeessss!!!! She heard me and just behaved out of spite to my cynicism!! Car ran flawlessly and has passed over to its new owner without protest. New owner, Darren, seems decent kind of guy you would want to sell to, so very happy that its gone to a good new home.

How could I ever have doubted!

Now then. G60?

haha!! thats what was in the back of my mind when I sold mine on Monday. I was literally holding my breath hoping it would start etc. It was all fine though and the new owner is planning a respray etc. So i'm pretty happy that it has gone to someone who has the time and money to spend on it!

It's weird being corradoless :(

when i went to buy mine, the prevoius owner crashed into another car while taking me for a spin :lol:

he didn't know what to say and came out with "i don't normally do that" luckily it only took a small chuck out of the bumper

Glad it went well for you, but to be honest I have looked at and driven many Corrados in the last couple of months....yours drove better than all of them. My problem was not really wanting another green one.......If I had the choice. And a message to the owner near Brighton that wouldn't let me drive his car...I'm not gonna buy a car that you won't let me test drive......and yer roof is covered in dents!!!!!!!!

Yeeeeeeessss!!!! She heard me and just behaved out of spite to my cynicism!! Car ran flawlessly and has passed over to its new owner without protest. New owner, Darren, seems decent kind of guy you would want to sell to, so very happy that its gone to a good new home.

How could I ever have doubted!

Now then. G60?