Topaz2008

Ok G-WERKS i give up!!

Hello Guys,

I was made aware of this thread last night and have spent some time this morning reading all of the posts on here.

Whilst I don’t get the chance to come onto this forum anymore due to work / family commitments (Having 2 kids now keeps me quite busy out of work hours) This thread has obviously prompted me to leave a reply for you all.

I am aware that some of the customer service level at G-werks` may of slipped a little here over the last few months and whilst I’m not here to make excuses for that (After all its un excusable) I wanted to let you guys know that we have made some serious changes over the last few weeks as we were also aware their were certain areas that we were lacking in and needed to be resolved. We have taken these measures buy adding two new trained members to the team, One in the workshop and One as a sales director who will be handling all of the sales to allow me to get back to running the workshop and carrying out my supercharger servicing without delay.

We hope this will allow us to get back to a level of both turnaround time and customer service that we would expect to receive from any company and more in the next week or so and are dealing with anything we have outstanding as we speak.

I know it will not be possible to please everyone all of the time but we will endeavor to do our best for every customer be it just ringing for advice or making a booking / sale

Their may still be time when it possible I personally won’t be able to take your call but this will only be either when I’m working on a customers vehicle / Supercharger / Parts order. Please leave a message or drop me an email and I will return to you as quickly as possible.

Some of the posts here about how we used to come on here and offer help and advice etc and now don’t have also been taken into consideration and I will try and spend some time every day on here to reply to technical issues and offer any help possible. We also receive many calls per day from people just asking for advice which are obviously time consuming but part and parcel of what we do.

I would also like to add my personal email address and ask that if anyone would like to contact me directly about any posts in this thread or any other issue please do so on darren(at)g-werks.com

Darren Bennett

Sounds promising Darren, and good that you have come on the forum to reply to the posts on here. Personally, I'm pleased to hear the employment of extra staff that would deal with sales/communication and interaction with the customer. Upon receiving back my rebuilt and stage 4'd charger by you quite recently, I was really pleased with the workmanship, and that you had thrown some extra bits in due to the delay. Though it was the delay in getting my charger back, communication and general customer service that I felt had really let me down. Onwards and upwards as they say, and the changes that you have made sound great.

Thanks for coming on and giving an honest appraisal of the situation, Darren. Sounds like you're actively addressing the probs and getting back on track- nice that you're offering to help out with techie advice on here too- much appreciated :salute:

Good to see you back on here Darren..

Agreed with what's been said. I hope the new hires help you get the customer service side of things back on track!

okay so this is gonna sound more like a drunken ramble than a constructive post as that's what it is..

i first took my car to darren in 2005. since then he has been the only person i have trusted my G60 with.

we became friends through my g60, to the point where he came to my wedding!

i understand that there have been issues for other people. Way back in 07 i had an issue myself - this ended up with darren insisting Rob drove over 200 miles to get a set of coilovers to me to sort out Robs mistake.

Darren is an incredibly busy bloke.. everytime i'm at gwerks the phone is ringing off the hook with people asking for advice which is always answered where possible. personally i only ever call him now after 9pm once the kids are in bed and he's settled. im always aware that this is now running into his relaxing time.

At ultimate dubs 2010 we had a monster weekend. we were all hanging and looking forward to getting home. At the end of the show Darren had just said he couldn't wait to get out and get home to the kids. a forum member from here happened to spot him and ask if he could help get his g60 started. Darren stayed whilst we all left.

I want people to understand that if there is a problem, its not something that's not cared about. the amount of work that one person has created for themselves in a short period of time is too much for him to undertake on his own. I really hope getting the right people in to help sort this for the future will be the answer. Hopefully this will be the last negative forum post regarding Gwerks. If not, i'll pack things in and join the team myself.

if this all sounds a bit :fondle: so what.. ive been on the ciderrrrrr...

i'd just like to add that when i bought some bits for my VR (alberit 3-4 years back), Darren and Rob were very helpful indeed, they responsed with good qualified replies to my perhaps inane questions - i was still learning the basics about the car then. Emails were replied to quickly and they were well manered on the phone. Business expansion is not easy and i would challenge anyone who has not set up a business to try and do the same over a period of a years without hiccup. Trust me i have had more than a few in my business. Whilst i appreciate peoples frustrations here, hopefully with teh new moves and recruits into the business, if Darren's original philiosphy and approach can be impressed upon them, i see abolsutely no reason why G-Werks will not return quickly to its previosuly well-respected position. Just a suggestion Darren, the new guys must understand how to mange and deal with people - a good example of this is the team at Richer Sounds (in my experience). They all have good basic knowledge, good customer service manners and generally act quickly and give honest advice. Egos are left at the door.

Very best of luck and i'm sure you will do well!

well i got my charger from darren and i must say im seriously impressed with the work that was undertaken on it . just looking over it i can see the amount of care that has gone into it ..... never doubted their work for a second. really happy with it...(it sounds bannanas)

I want people to understand that if there is a problem, its not something that's not cared about. the amount of work that one person has created for themselves in a short period of time is too much for him to undertake on his own. I really hope getting the right people in to help sort this for the future will be the answer. Hopefully this will be the last negative forum post regarding Gwerks. If not, i'll pack things in and join the team myself.

It's pretty clear reading the posts that, once folks actually get their chargers off to G-Werks and get a service done, or when people get down to get their cars sorted out down there they're very happy. I don't think the quality of the workmanship was ever in dispute.. the problem was just trying to get dates for actually getting work done nailed down. I think we all accept that Darrens business has grown considerably, and clearly there has just been too much work to do... but the bottom line is paying customers were getting the run around and it's very frustrating to be in that position especially when you've forked over your hard earned in good faith.

It looks as though the right steps have been taken to rectify this and I hope, as you say, the general opinion of G-Werks improves considerably again. They really are still the only choice for charger rebuilds as far as I'm concerned, so not only is their service valued, it's near enough essential. If the only company who does charger rebuilds becomes untenable, then the entire Golf / Corrado / Passat G60 enthusiast base suffers!

Anyway - onwards and upwards! :)

What jim said! The workmanship was never in dispute, and the appropriate measures seem to have been taken to get the customer service back on track. So all in all, I reckon g- werks will be back in everyones good faith very soon indeed.

I emailed Gwerks months ago many times about getting my charger serviced and looking to buy parts.Didnt get one reply.

Its ok,spent my hard-earned somewhere else that has a good customer service and returns charger within five days.it

Who was that mate?

Who was that mate?

Sorry boys,five day turn around if your in germany.My last g-lader took 4 days.SLS Tuning,work is pretty good,tad expensive though.

Sorry boys,five day turn around if your in germany.My last g-lader took 4 days.SLS Tuning,work is pretty good,tad expensive though.

sounds good , might give them a bash next time , might as well give your custom to someone that wants it