TimDoc

All sold other than wheels - please lock

lol! Do you mean the roofbars?? If so they will be £56 with the postage added on.

Tim

I am interested in the shell as I am licking for a shell to rebuild my track car into. Is there any rust on the shell in particular round the screen or on the rear panel ?

I am interested in the shell as I am licking for a shell to rebuild my track car into. Is there any rust on the shell in particular round the screen or on the rear panel ?

Nope, its in awesome condition, even the arches are sound! its going for £100 ono plus you will need to collect and lift off the drive. Based in bath, non rolling shell.

Tim

Thanks very interested don't suppose you have any pictures ? Also any of the panels left or have you sold them all?

How soon do you need it moved as I would have to build a couple frames to bolt to the shell to get it on my trailer.

Pictures of the car are already up on the photobucket link below, still have the petrol cap cover, the off side wing (small ding has been filled but needs smoothing over) bonnet in really good condition, front bumper less iron, rear bumper complete. No doors or boot or L side wing. Slam panel also available.

Tim

Original prices from the beginning of the thread:

Shell £100

Bonnet - No dents, some very minor stone chipping £180.00

Slam Panel (re-sprayed 1 year ago, now sl rusty) £50.00

Off side wing - (will need some minor work) £20.00

Spoiler mech - working with no issue - immaculate £30

Spoiler - no scratches or damage at all - £30

Front Bumper - no dents/scratches but stone chips - no bumper iron £20.00

Rear Bumper (new 2 yrs ago) £60.00

If you take the lot i'd do it for £400

Tim

Thanks is a bit more than ideally I would like to spend. What is the best price you could do for the shell with the wing, bumpers, and slam panel ?

With rust, non working electrics, a nice high mileage and a heap of other issue - thats not what is for sale here but a car that was really well looked after cosmetically and kept free of rust. Hence all the parts i've been sending people have been pretty mint and i've tried to price them fairly. I hope everyone who has bought from me has been happy with the price, equally I have been trying to recoup costs from a car that stopped working unexpectedly just before it was going to be sold on.

Apologies mikkij if you were just being sarky :0

Tim

Sorry boost monkey - you evidently got an awesome deal, my comment was not meant to offend, but more to state that parts in really good nick are worth it in the long run, rust that is visable normally means there is more that is not yet showing itself etc.

Also - i was writing the above comment as you posted yours so I hadn't read your comment, it wasnt aimed at yourself (or anyone for that matter!)

None of the above were a dig at anyone, just stating why priced as such.

Big love to all C owners :)

Tim

T

....So is this a no to the £50 for the shell delivered?

How about Ham with cash your way?

I could be persuaded - i am partial to a little bacon..... :)

Shell now provisionally sold with NS wing and bumpers

T

Whats the latest with this mate? are you selling as complete or cutting it up? :)

might be a bit late, but do you have the standard headlight loom?

i think so - what else is on that loom??

T

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

i think so - what else is on that loom??

T

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

Whats the latest with this mate? are you selling as complete or cutting it up? :)

Got an offer currently on the whole thing to go by the end of the month - will let you know if theres any issues.

Tim

not sure, but i basically wanted the bit from the headlights going back, if available...

Are the roof bars genuine VW ?

Are they complete ?

If so, any chance of a couple of images ?

Thanks in advance, James