carrots

am i getting to old

i am the big 40 next year and keep thinking am i getting to old to be playing around with my corrado.i keep looking at mk4 golf gti turbos and audi a3.but i suppose they break and most prob are more expensive to fix.i have spent a good bit of cash on my corrado so maybe i should stick with it

You stick to what you enjoy mate. Something with a little character, and boolax to what society thinks you should be driving.

maybe your right i should keep it ,untill i have probs getting in and out of it lol.wait there tho thats now lol

well i'm 41 and on my 3rd corrado, so no your not to old at all and i think craigowl on here is 65ish and still has he's.

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

40s the new 20! :)

thats only what 40 year old people think/say mate, what i would give to be 20 again :-(

Yep another 40 here and i feel like in my 20's in mind anyway! :) mind you could run rings round some of the 20 year olds i see physically too ;)

I'm 65 in December and have no intention yet of getting rid of the Corrado. Spent most of last week lying in the drive getting it ready for it's MOT which it passed today. Age is a mind game, just keep your mind about 25.

Rofl - when I was coming up to 40 I decided it would be a good time to buy a Corrado not the other way around :) Obviously now I'm 41 I suppose I had better start looking at Volvo's or a classic Trabant :)

I'm 35 and 4 years ago I sold my Corrado and bought a Mk4 Golf GTI 1.8t, I had it remapped, lowered it, put nice wheels on it-loads of stuff. For two years I was miserable and missing the Corrado, which I managed to buy back. Now I have both, and I'm happy with both.

The Golf is faster (K03s, Turbo back exhaust, FMIC and around 230bhp), it is more comfortable, has heated seats, climate control, cruise control, everything I need, but it cannot put a grin on my face like the Corrado does. My Corrado will never be sold again.

Keep the Corrado, and if you want something newer buy a normal car as a run around, like a non Turbo mk4.

looks like i should stick with the corrado then.its true about it putting a smile on your face,i also like when people come up to me and say how nice it is

Well guys I am 44.... have to say I was playing around with golf GITs in the mid 90s you name it I did it....then got myself a Honda or two ( S2000...Integra Type R...then a Mitsubishi Evo 8 ... all way more powerful than the golfs...Finally came back to the Vdub side and got myself a 2 ltr valver.....And have to say nothing I've had makes me grin the way my C does....Love it to bits.....Bucket loads of charm and presence...I have lived my life pretty well with my motors...but the(VW thing) is a bug that once you have you always have !!! for me anyway..

Well I am on my fourth Corrado and was recently able to take advantage of chepa insurance from SAGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - (they also offer an excellent breakdown service that gives you up to £500 towards repairs - very handy when you own a 21 year old car!)

I still love the Corrado and spend too much time (and money) doing bits and bobs.

Well I'm only 28 but already had 5 Corrado's. Been selling and buying Corrado to many times, never was 100% happy and tried to find another substitute. Was driving 360 bhp audi S3, audi allroad 2.7t, audi RS4 2.7T, some golfs but always was back in Corrado and the true is I always will. There is no doubt Corrado will always make my heart bit faster. I decided to keep one forever no matter what happens. On wheels or in garage there always will be one with me till I die.

Well I'm only 28 but already had 5 Corrado's. Been selling and buying Corrado to many times, never was 100% happy and tried to find another substitute. Was driving 360 bhp audi S3, audi allroad 2.7t, audi RS4 2.7T, some golfs but always was back in Corrado and the true is I always will. There is no doubt Corrado will always make my heart bit faster. I decided to keep one forever no matter what happens. On wheels or in garage there always will be one with me till I die.

Well said emu..........I wonder if it's ok to be buried in a Corrado? ;)

And what's with the whole age thing anyway? My wifes 17 years younger than me.....and she still manages to keep up!

Edited by Toohottotrot

I though you were the one who is supposed to keep UP :)

Only other car that has put a grin on my face like the Corrado is the B7 RS4 I got the pleasure to drive for a weekend (oh and maybe the Lambo gallardo - but that was a track day so doesn't count!).

It definitely takes dedication to keep a Corrado on the road these days, BUT the pleasure it gives when everything is running, looking and sounding right is second to none in my opinion.

Keep on dubbin'

I'm 28 and love my Corrado, all lowered and noisy ect. I used to drive a Rover 800, own a 60's Volvo and am on my fifth Vauxhall Viva, what does that say?