coullstar

Lucky number 7 - sold but 911 in its place

Well after selling the turbo and driving the Scirocco about for the last month and a bit everytime I went into the garage I missed having something to work on. I decided to look for something sub £1k however after seeing a lot of crap I upped the budget. Almost bought a few Mk2's but deep down I knew only a Corrado would fit the bill. This one popped up and after many emails and photos I made an offer which was accpted. TBH the main reason I bought it was the colour, its my favourite colour for the Corrado and its my 7th one hence the title. Managed to pick up a spare good condition interior as well.

Its a total departure from the turbo in that is is completely stock. The standard comdey ride height suspension is actually very good, if it didnt sit so high I wouldnt change it. Needs a good clean up and a few little niggle sorted but a very solid car by the looks of it anf from the history. Originally an IOM car and I have the old fully stamped service book.

Plans are to get things in order and run it for a while. Probably going to limit the changes to 288's and look at a 3.68FD, schimmel cams and a map but we'll see. Theres a big hole at that back of the bay that may be filled one day.....

Edited by coullstar

Nice purchase, looks very tidy and original Graeme, surely you'll be changing the rims :lol:

Edited by BILLCOR

Looking good Graeme? Sorry crap at spelling the Scottish version of your name lol!

Nice purchase, looks very tidy and original Graeme, surely you'll be changing the rims :lol:

Probably not, would like to keep it looking realtively stock. It will get lowered and probably red tint rears but thats it or outside. I even think the standard rear exhaust is the best looking one. Might get the centre suitcase silencer replaced with a straight through section as it is very quiet.

You sold one of the best turbo VR6's in the country - and now you're formulating how you can go about turbo'ing this one in the future? You're nuts ;)

But always good to see another Corrado back into the hands of a die-hard enthusiast... look forward to seeing this one develop over time :)

You sold one of the best turbo VR6's in the country - and now you're formulating how you can go about turbo'ing this one in the future? You're nuts ;)

But always good to see another Corrado back into the hands of a die-hard enthusiast... look forward to seeing this one develop over time :)

Nah I was just joking. This will be a budget car so little tweaks here and there but thats it.

Not as nuts as buying a Fiat 500 for a 3 mile commute :lol: Sorry, couldn't resist :D

As the others have said, Corrados are like an old girlfriend. You try and tear yourself away but you can't. Have to agree on the silver, very nice colour.

I'm after some rear interior bits if you want rid? :D

Not as nuts as buying a Fiat 500 for a 3 mile commute :lol: Sorry, couldn't resist :D

Fool ;) I do lots of other driving - my work commute just happens to be short distance. I've already done about 600 miles in it in less than a month, and I didn't drive it for a week whilst I was in Germany.

Well not done a lot to the car but things are on the way. Got some new front pads and discs, new aux belt, coilovers ordered. Will sort out the little rust spots myself and treat the underside of the car with some Por15 sealent.

Swapped out the front seats to my slightly newer ones, fitted the black front badge and removed the VR one. Looks a lot cleaner now.

Did a bit more today. A few bits turned up and apparently its SatinSilber I have..

I decided to clean out round the fuel filler neck. I urge folks to do this at least once a year. I powerwashed the arches but you can see the amount of crap that was still sitting in there. Whilst there the rear arches were given a quick wipe and they appear to be in good condition. Also gave the engine bay a quick clean and painted the engine cover but might run without as it looks quite good.

Passed this Mk2 on the way back from the garage. Its a guy I know and running a Mk5 R32 with a GT3582 under the bonnet!!! He decided to go turbo after having a run in my old car.

Bay is lookin nice n clean. Im working on this on mine atm . Same as you have painted the cover . Using the self emalgermating tape on the wiring makes it look nice n tidy. Have been using autoglym engine cleaner on the metal parts ,brings em up nice n clean .

Great minds think alike!! Yours looks bloody awsome on the wheels now, amazing what a little lowering does. Still fitting the Roti's?

Aye, tyres getting fitted to them on Tues