Big Adam

VR6 Radiator

Just curious to know if anyone has looked into whether it's possible to fit a MK3 Golf VR6 radiator in the Corrado VR6 engine bay... they can't be THAT different can they?

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

One here on eBay BTW - looks like Genuine VW one too (Denso Marston):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vw-Corrado-VR6-G60-Radiator-and-Twin-Cooling-fan-/160655924202?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2567d6dbea

And yeah - looking at that and a MK3 Golf one, totally different dimensions, and position of the pipes :|

There are many differences i'm afraid, as far as I'm aware the diameter of the top and bottom hoses are different, and the angle the top hose comes off at.

I need a new radiator for mine, I think i'm gonna end up getting one from ECP.

Anyone seen / tried the ECP ones? I certainly trust ECP more than GSF but am still wary about pattern bits :(

I saw an episode of wheel dealers where they had a radiator reconditioned (and apparently for about £100). This is an avenue I am looking to try myself when I get around to it, not sure if anyone else has had this done?

Was just looking at the website for these chaps:

http://www.proalloy.co.uk/pages/contact-us-48.htm

They list replacement radiators for other car models that they've done and uprated them at the same time all for about £300.. Thinking I wonder if it'd be possible for them to integrate that stupid plastic neck that always breaks as well so that'd improve cooling AND eliminate a known weak spot for not much more than a genuine one was costing..

I am also after a Vr6 Radiator. What was the general consenus with the europarts non original part? It's non urgent but more preventative than anything its looking a bit tired and the veins are crumbling at the front. Any Gen would be greatly appreciated

:cheers:

I spotted Gruvenparts do a billet upper radiator neck to replace the plastic part when I was looking at crack pipes. Take a deep breath before reading the price :D

The original part is available from Classic Parts.. you could go through about 8 of them for the price of a gruven one!

I fitted a ECP rad a few months ago (mate who works there got it for £80). The only issue i found was that there's some metal tabs towards teh left side of the rad, top and bottom. These needed bending to get it to fit - not a big issue. Other then that it was fine.

Fiited a ECP Radiator this week without taking the bumper and slam panel off and had no problems at all. Prob a bot more fiddly though and took a couple of hours. Worth getting various new screws and some plumbing tape for the sensor connector. Poss a new rubber o ring for the elbow connector as well if it seems perished. Other than that all good

Mike

Not a bad price.

I was going to renew mine soon.

Can I still get the radiator neck seals and bolts from VW?

Cheers

Pete

Not sure about neck seals but u should be able to get bolts. The ECP rad holes are not threaded just holes that auto thread with the new screw. So as long as you have a slightly bigger screw thread than the hole u will be ok. This time I used my old ones though, I was just recommending replacing any old screws as a matter of course. By neck seal I take it you meant the o ring for the top right neck. I had an o-ring set lying about and found one that fitted so not sure about that one. Only other thing I left out was to be careful handling the Radiator as the veins are easily damaged. The original vag copper ones had a bracket top and bottom but the ECP one doesnt.

Cheers

Mike