24V Renshaw

Polyurethane VR6 front and rear engine mounts inc Fitting Guide

Fitted both mounts today,front took about 20 mins as you said jay .Back mount what a nitemare all went well until i tried to loosen the 17mm bolt through the centre of the mount,it sheared off had to take intake rubber off,the alliuminium engine mount attached to the block off so i could wiggle it out.changed the rubber insert with the new etc then had to mig a bolt onto the top off the old stubb refitted it all ....should have taken 45 mins but 2 hours later lol but alls well that ends well made a huge difference to my car, feels much more positive now,the old rubbers were totalled like mushrooms when i took them out

Nothing is ever simple eh! Glad you got it done in the end though. How do you find it? I think the lower poly piece in the rear mount needs to be 60 shore hardness (currently 70) having lived with it for a few weeks as a daily it transmits a touch too much vibration at idle. I had 60 shore originally and it was more factory feeling with no vibration.

Jay

Sorry jay i meant to say thanks on my last post but cudnt edit it...i think they are fab mate transformed the front end of my car it was vague and sloppy before,know what u mean about the idle vibration but wudnt say it was harsh or intrusive at all first drive of the year and lovin it again cheers bud

fitted these the other week & agree its not a bad job at all really. thanks loads Jay.... need to road test them now, MOT booked for 29th :D

Glad people are starting to fit these. This new batch has a slightly softer lower rear mount which makes the idle exactly the same as factory but retains the tight feel.

Jay

Guys does anyone know how long the bolts were in this kit? Ive lost one! :( I know its m10 n 12.9 high tensile but no idea about length....

---------- Post added at 7:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:48 PM ----------

Or are they m12? Balls :(

If no-one gets an answer tonight, i will have a look at mine tomorrow, i've still got mine in the tube, one of those jobs that seems to always be on the back burner.

Matt

Gawd bless you mate. Much obliged :)

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Ps, its not too bad a job fitting them mate.... now you dug the kit out you may as well get cracking! ;)

no problems mate, glad to help.

fitting them is not an issue, its other peoples projects I end up doing instead of mine :-)

as you say as i have the kit out, hmm what to do on Sunday

Does anyone know jay or if he was planning to run another batch of these? If not I'll have to see what else is about at extra cost :(