Tempest

National Day 2012: Sunday 20 May: Brooklands

Thanks from me to all those who attended today´s maybe epic day for the Corrado Club. You made the day, your attendance made the work the committee put in for the club extremely worthwhile indeed. Seeing so many Corrados on the famous banking is an eye treat to not forget for a long time.

Here are the pics I took today:

100_1083.jpg

100_1084.jpg

100_1085.jpg

100_1086.jpg

100_1087.jpg

100_1088.jpg

100_1089.jpg

100_1090.jpg

100_1092.jpg

100_1093.jpg

Mulling over ideas for next year already :)

Tempest

Yeah it was an outstanding event - thanks to all who organised it. After Ron's brilliant trial run last year it was great to see so many great cars come this year for the National Day. The fact that there are going to be so many great photos of Corrados in Weybridge is brilliant or me as I just live around the corner. It was brilliant!

Like to add my thanks to all that arrange today and to all that attended, making this a truly great day out.

Tony

fun convoy down

think we can blame Wendy for us all breaking the national speed limit for most the way down, she is such a bad influence on us all.

Yesterday was really good. I was there in my Golf. I am currently fitting ITBs and Megasquirt to my Corrado so it is off the road, but I'm already keen to bring mine next year.

think we can blame Wendy for us all breaking the national speed limit for most the way down, she is such a bad influence on us all.

Sheep !!!! ;-)

I do not recall breaking the speed limit - but then again, did I check my speedo - probably not !!!!

I think the word 'Fun' is the key part there !!!

Good day out, I enjoyed it - loads, even if there are now going to photo's around of me cleaning Crazy Dave's Car. How embarrassing !!!

Nice to meet some new folk and catch up with old friends and have so many attend a National Day - especially after the last few years.

For those who were not aware, the parking on the Banking cost the Club £10 per car, so a Big Thank you to the Committee folk for agreeing to this when that is everyone's annual membership gone for this year.

Look forward to catching up with various folk at the other shows in the year.

So where were you Wendy... I took a steady jaunt back up the M40 expecting to see your Corrado come steaming past at some point (and was ready to give it some beans to see how the new car kept up with a VR) but it wasn't to be! :)

Sadly Jim, we left quite a bit later, heavy traffic on the M25, then having the Chairman in the return convoy kept the others behaving themselves !!!!

How may Corrado's left? Somewhere just over 3k? With at least 53 cars there yesterday that's nearly 2% of the UK Corrado populaton :)

Home from an epic weekend.

Thanks to all those involved espeially those who organised it. I know its been said many times before its a thankless task but credit to the folks of teh committee they put a lot of time and effort in and seiing the turn out this year is amazing.

It was teh most rados I have seen in one place which was a fantastic sight!!!

Great to chat to old (you know what I mean) and new people that I have never spoken to in person before great to see what you look like.

Great folk and a great day well worth the drive.

See you all hopefully soon and well done Darren and Dave great looking motors. Very hard to chose one from sooooo many great looking cars

Pictures look great, Gutted to have not been able to make it down but rotrex install is still underway. Hopefully will make some shows later this year and can only hope the national day next year is just as good!

Had a great day, thanks to all who organised the event it really was worth the 8 hour round trip, and also nice to stretch the raddos legs with some illegal speeds on the way home and a couple of tellings off from the Mrs, also managed to discover that my oil temperature fault seems to be electrical as when i turn my lights on the oil temp suddenly rises by 5 degrees so leading me to think its electrical! These events make me realise there is no way i will ever get rid of the corrado even though i get fed up at times with it...

How may Corrado's left? Somewhere just over 3k? With at least 53 cars there yesterday that's nearly 2% of the UK Corrado populaton :)

To add to this consider that some people that turned up have more than one which would mean that percentage goes up add the factor of those that turned up and not with their cars even more of a bonus :)

Had a great day, thanks to all who organised the event it really was worth the 8 hour round trip, and also nice to stretch the raddos legs with some illegal speeds on the way home and a couple of tellings off from the Mrs, also managed to discover that my oil temperature fault seems to be electrical as when i turn my lights on the oil temp suddenly rises by 5 degrees so leading me to think its electrical! These events make me realise there is no way i will ever get rid of the corrado even though i get fed up at times with it...

Didnt know a fellow north wales member was down at the corrado GB aswell. I would have said hello to ya. 8hr round trip is one hell of a journey. I travelled down the night before.

To add to this consider that some people that turned up have more than one which would mean that percentage goes up add the factor of those that turned up and not with their cars even more of a bonus :)

Actually in view of this - how inconsiderate not to arrive with all your Corrado's for such a rare and one off chance to park up on the Banking at Brooklands !!! ;-)

he he !!

Neither of mine are remotely road worthy :(

Does anyone have any hi res pics of the group photo on the banking, would've loved to have gone especially as it is so local. :(

Didnt know a fellow north wales member was down at the corrado GB aswell. I would have said hello to ya. 8hr round trip is one hell of a journey. I travelled down the night before.

Ha ha, I pmd you to see if you were going

Ha ha, I pmd you to see if you were going

Sorry bud no PM from you. I have just checked my inbox so not sure if its working properly. If you try again as a test that would be great. Iam sure we can sort out a corrado meet at some point as I have seen a few corrados flying about in this part of town.

Absolutely gutted that I was unable to make this! Absolutely gutted :(

Thankyou to everyone for the photo's - they look amazing! And of course if anyone has a high res shot of the rado's lined up on the banking, drop me a pm :) I think it would be highly illegal to not incorporate this massive event in the 2013 calendar! :lol:

I have been thinking that too, a must for the 2013 Calender.

I have one or two camera shots that are very different fro those uploaded already, I really must get round to posting them up on here.

Mine are all 3264x2448 although only taken from a phone camera. Not sure if that's of any use to you?

1080p video of the drive up to, and parking up on the Brooklands banking (5 minutes long)

taken on my dash mounted kodak playsport, android app runs it fine but I have had trouble with the web page version through Internet Explorer 9, had to change the resolution to 720p from the default 360p

DAvid - You might have asked if it was OK to video my Rear !!!!! ;-)