Stonejag

Silicon Hose kits for VR6 from Roose Motorsport

This group buy is for Corrado VR6 silicone hose kits from Roose Motorsport.

Tooling for the silicone hoses will be modelled off this specimen set kindly donated by beastie4126, with the addition of three further hoses from the set Roose sell for the Mk3 VR6 to make a total of 9 hoses in the kit. This is exactly the same as the nine-hose Samco kit.

This is the set you'll be getting! (not necessarily in orange :lol:)

vr6-hoses-roose.jpg

The hoses are split into two kits - one containing just the two radiator hoses, and one containing the other 7 hoses. You need both for a full set. Prices:

Pair of radiator hoses: £85 retail, £72.25 with group discount

Remaining 7 hoses: £210 retail, £178.50 with group discount

Clip kit for radiator hoses: £8.50 retail, £7.23 with group discount

Clip kit for accessory hoses: £23 retail, £19.55 with group discount

A full set including clips costs £326.50 retail but £277.53 with discount so we all save around £49. These prices include VAT so 20% cheaper than Samco, plus lifetime warranty on all clips and hoses, plus short turnaround makes me a pretty happy camper!

Order direct from Roose Motorsport by calling 01522 787187 or emailing them at [email protected] . They have made two sets of tooling so will be able to produce a maximum of two kits per day - your order will be fulfilled when you reach the front of the queue, which should be much faster than Samco's 4-6 week lead time! All hoses and clips are sold with a lifetime warranty.

Available colours are:

Blue, Red, Gloss Black, Lime Green, Orange

White, Yellow, OE Black (matte finish, no logo, looks like stock OEM rubber hoses), Cloth-wrapped Black are also available for a 10% surcharge.

We had over 15 interested parties before I lost count so thank you to everyone who put their names down to make this viable! :)

Stone

Edited by Stonejag

I`m interested in a set of these hoses & hose clips, keep looking at them and thinking about doing a complete hose change in the summer. hopefully you can sort out a good price, as I have looked into this before and its £370 plus P&P for both hose and clips together.

Same here, classic matt black, and the two oil cooler pipes that come seperately, and a set of clips.

Be interested to know a price for a kit. Not spent any money on the VR in a while and as you say with the prices of OE hoses being so ridiculous, it'd be a good investment.

Quick update: spoke to Paul Roose on the suggestion of some others. Anyway, here are the details:

For a group buy with six+ of us we'd get a 15% discount. They already do a Mk3 VR6 kit, that's 13 hoses and costs £320 before discount. If the kit we ended up with was only 9 hoses then it'd be more like £250 before discount. The 26-clip set for the Mk3 kit costs £43 so it'd be similar for the Corrado one. The clips are stainless JCS Hi-Grip and come with a lifetime warranty, as do the hoses. They also do free individual postage so everybody gets their kit sent to the address of their choice. The best bit is that once's he's made the tooling (approx 2 days from receipt of a set of hoses) they can churn out one set per day! Much better than Samco's four-week delivery :D

Total cost including VAT and postage would probably be between £220 and £270 but this is an estimate. Add approx 10% for white, yellow, matt OE black and cloth-wrapped OE black finishes, and clips are extra.

So, I'm happy to go with them since they're both cheaper and faster (and probably better)! This is very important:

DO NOT SEND ANY HOSES TO ROOSE MOTORSPORT!

Not without checking with me first, anyway! Paul has asked us not to send more than one set as they would just get confused. So, if you have a good set of VR6 hoses spare, please PM me and I'll organise getting them sent over.

All further discussion to go in this thread, please - hopefully one of the nice mods will move it to the active group buys bit soon :)

Stone

Mighty tempting. I moved and retitled your thread btw.. :)

Well, we've already got enough signed up to get 15% off, so the more the merrier! One-day turnaround was the bit that hooked me...

Just need a set of hoses for the pattern :)

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

(thank you for moving the thread btw :))

So stone your going to get 50% of the first set? Because you want to supply the hoses for them to use

Was it me who suggest using Roose?

Edited by robo22sri

That wasn't mentioned - I assumed I was going to pay the same as everyone else. Or do you know something I don't?

Would be a pleasant surprise if that is the deal though! (in which case, yes ;))

That wasn't mentioned - I assumed I was going to pay the same as everyone else. Or do you know something I don't?

Would be a pleasant surprise if that is the deal though! (in which case, yes ;))

I think the 50% off the first set should be spread across the board

Especially if everyone puts hoses in!

Normally a discount on the first set is to account for it not necessarily being quite right! Can always ask for a slightly increased discount on all sets instead.

That said we haven't got any volunteers for hose donation yet! :(

---------- Post added at 2:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:07 PM ----------

Ah, I realise what you meant now. It didn't help that you edited your post after I replied so it looks like I said something totally different :roll:

Paul never mentioned any discount for the first set to me - I guess because you'd already spoken to him and he told you. The first I heard was when you brought it up! The only reason I wanted to organise sending the pattern hoses in was because Paul asked me to make sure they don't get sent multiple sets, and because I kicked off the group buy. There's no secret conspiracy to swindle you out of a discount and I think it's pretty insulting that you would even suggest it. I just want some new hoses, there's no need to manufacture a drama out of it!

Does that mean you have a set of hoses for the pattern? If you did I think it would make perfect sense for you to get this supposed discount since none of us would be able to get anything made the pattern without it. I would have said that all along but you were the only person who knew about it! Get them sent off and we can all get some hoses :)

Stone

Fair enough :)

Still hoping someone's got a VR that's standing and wouldn't miss them for a week or so...

Fair enough :)

Still hoping someone's got a VR that's standing and wouldn't miss them for a week or so...

As I am such a nice chap and as long as you can 100% promise to have them returned to me in the condition they are currently in you can borrow the set that I have in storage from when I put my Samco's on.

PM sent :D

---------- Post added at 5:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:41 PM ----------

Right, so I'll nip around to Keith's in the morning and get his hoses, get them sent off to Roose and he'll make the tooling up. Then he'll work out the pricing and can start making the first kit on...Wednesday or so?

Shout if you want in because they're only doing one set of tooling - so they can only make one set per day and there'll be a long queue :) Everyone should get theirs well before Samco would have got back to us though!

Stone

If you look on their website they have a promo video with a shot of them making tooling - they bend a metal rod while comparing the angles to the original, it's not like they take casts or anything. If they damage them I'll buy you new ones, how's that? ;)

No need for ballchopping!

If you look on their website they have a promo video with a shot of them making tooling - they bend a metal rod while comparing the angles to the original, it's not like they take casts or anything. If they damage them I'll buy you new ones, how's that? ;)

No need for ballchopping!

rofl only joking m8, seen how they do them before and I'm sure that they will be fine.