Benjevw

Aux water pump question

so does anyone have the Bosch part number for the pump used on the VR6's? I remember seeing something agggeeeessss ago about this, but seems like a lot of aux pumps giving up the ghost recently so would be nice to be able to source some cheaper genuine articles....

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

I would imagine it would be something similar to this? (US site..) http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/details/QQVolkswagenQQPassatQQBoschQQAuxiliary_Water_PumpQQ19951997QQW0133-1605189.html

I replaced mine a few months back and it looks just the same as your new one, Is yours an early or late VR?

Part number from vagcat is 251965561B for the pump.

Think it's the part number on vagcat iirc .

If so then its £75 delivered to the UK. Alot cheaper than From VW or ECP....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

They have them on V5 MK4s, passats and toledos (10Vs and 20Vs), I'm not sure about the electrical connector though, I've got a couple in the garage, I'll check tomorrow.

Fingers crossed... I typed in the VAG part # on eBay.de and if lists the golf mk3 vr6 but not the corrado but part # 251 965 561 B is listed under the reference stuff on the post....

Even ECP want £115 for the pump. No way do I want pay that and im sure no one else does either!

I once found an electric pump similar for racing motorbikes when I was looking for one for my V5 (it came complete with loom plug) - it turned out the wire was broken in the loom near the plug, have you checked for 12V at the plug?

What part number is that for? :)

Both of mine have the same number, 10V and 20V V5 engines

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

Not the best pic

21032012087.jpg

ahh yeah, looks different than on the VR6 (plug wise) and te part number you posted is not included on that ebay link....

dont know weather to take the plunge and order it, as the plug looks correct in the picture, other "V6" models are included like galaxy, golf etc... so would assume its the right one..

Pete

ahh yeah, looks different than on the VR6 (plug wise) and te part number you posted is not included on that ebay link....

dont know weather to take the plunge and order it, as the plug looks correct in the picture, other "V6" models are included like galaxy, golf etc... so would assume its the right one..

Pete

I still have the loom so I could snip the plug off with cable to solder it into your loom.

Can't you reseal your pump? Undo the screws and epoxy it back together for a kill or cure fix?

i bought a £120 one from VW and felt ripped off.

Was left thinking its just a pump that pumps water, and mine seems to be on 100% of the time with ignition running.

Am sure i could just use an aquarium pump tbh

I still have the loom so I could snip the plug off with cable to solder it into your loom.

Can't you reseal your pump? Undo the screws and epoxy it back together for a kill or cure fix?

I dont think the pump you have pictured would sit under the engine plastics... ideally, I want a one time fix with a new pump for peace of mind... dont fancy repairing it, as it does let go, then you can gurantee it would be when im not at home :)

Plus, it would be beneficial to everyone if cheaper pumps can be sources as 3corsameal says, 120 quid is a little expensive for what it is!!

Im not that happy with the £120 one, no way is it worth £120.

Will take mine off and have a look at it. As ive never been 100% satisfied its doing the right thing, and made lots of noise.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

You may want to try Euro Car Parts aswell, it is called an Additional Water Pump on their computers, part number 201440740. I paid £56.83 for mine, but that was in 2003. Still going strong though. Don't know what make it was. The meyle one from vwspares sounds about the right price today at £62.94. I would certainly not pay £120 for one!

Looked at ECP website they are £115 ! I'm going order the Bosch one on eBay Germany. 75 delivered seems best price I've seen for a genuine item by far!!

Ordered the one off eBay now from Germany. £77 delivered for genuine Bosch item. Hope its the right one!