maximusiv

Corrado virgin, is the storm edition worth the extra premium?

Buy an 8 valve. They made even less of them.

we all know why....;-)

How about the Nothelle Corrado?

Those wheels look....interesting :)

Those wheels look....interesting :)

Nothelle Classics I believe - £400 a corner when new :suprised:

---------- Post added at 9:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:06 PM ----------

permission to swear sir?!!

Granted :thumb right:- AMD Corrado anyone?

I bought a 1.8 valver, and tbh I rushed into it. I really wanted a VR, but couldn't get round the cost of running it as a daily in my head. You have to be prepared to bide your time, (I only looked for about a month) and do a fair amount of travelling to find the right one. I saw 3 before mine, and all were about the same condition as mine, although this one was less than half the price of the rest! I travelled as far as Bristol to see the others, but there's just not many about in this neck of the woods. The perfect one IMO would be a standard VR with heated leather and a/c, a slight (35/40mm) drop, and a nice set of rims with slight dish. Thats it as far as performance/enhancing mods go. Maybe a mocal to keep it cool, lupo wipers so you can see in the rain, and uprated light loom so you can see in the dark. Thats it though. :o

As above go for something with the best combination of

Service History

Big ticket item work done like chains

No or little rust

No accident damage

Replaced exhaust etc

Some look for originality

Others like upgrades (subtle or max power) for example I have Lupo wipers (that work in the rain), uprated headlamp loom (so I can see in the dark), map and cams for more power lower down the revs, short shifter for crisper changes, etc etc - for me air con adds weight and saps power and hampers economy. Leather seats look nice if looked after but are cold in winter (unless heated) and hot in summer.

Oh and all my electrics work too!

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

And look at as many as you can - I bought with my heart, TWICE. First was a shed and the second is much better but have spent a fair bit to get it to the standard it is now.

My advice, buy an unmolested example and then adjust the price taking into account what needs to be done. I know alot of bodyshop "professionals", and the stuff I have seen them "hide" under a new paint job really horrifies me. That's the reason I never buy resprayed cars unless i know the owner, or saw the car before the respray......

Yes, I know what you mean. I have about 175 on my very unofficial "Storm Register". That list is not growing very fast these days so I personally don't think that there are very many left. I suppose there may be more Storms left as a % of the 500 than there are other models remaining from the original 9,000 sold in the UK which may explain why we think they are more common than 500/9000 would suggest? :geek:

Is there an official Storm or Corrado register?

Going back to the original question - is the Storm edition worth the extra premium? - probably Yes. But I only say that because clearly people are prepared to pay more for them. The question you have to ask is - are you prepared to pay the premium and if so why do you want a Storm so much that you are prepared to pay it?

It's possible to have a Classic green which matches the spec without being a Storm, but not a Mystic since the colour was unique

When I was looking I narrowed it down to VR6 Blue/Burgundy/Sherry/Blackberry colours, Black leather, good history, good condition (paint and rust etc), electrics working, near unmolested, but good upgrades OK. As it was I ended up with a Moonlight Blue, black leather, unmolested.

I wanted something that I could use straight away and that I could use regularly. It's my daily. If you want to modify your C, you may even end up painting it so could have Mystic blue or whatever, does it matter where you start?

My impression just now is that Cs are slow to sell unless priced really low. A lot of adverts are showing prices reduced. The fastest I've noticed one sell was one in Stirling that sold on PH in a matter of days, it was a 96N VR6 cloth, looked good in the pics for just £1200. I would reckon if you have a good look at a few - as everyone else is saying - work out a spec you like, and sit and wait a bit, you'll get a good one come along which need not be too expensive. I wouldn't put headlamp washers on your list, as I've only ever seen 2 cars with them and you might end up waiting a long time. I wonder if the first mention about them on the thread was actually meaning heated windscreen washers.

Nothelle Classics I believe - £400 a corner when new :suprised:

Cheaper than a time machine :) but seriously they can't have sold any? Have they ever come up on here?

we all know why....;-)

So I can keep the Campaign in the garage ;-)

Question to the OP. Have you been to look at any ? Do you think there is a justified difference in price ?

What's your conclusion (if you're in that position yet) ?

All the best in your search, James.

Edited by James.

All I would say is dont put a long list of what you want together as you will look for ever for the car. You will not find your perfect car, there will always be something that needs looked at or changed to get it the way you wanted.

Im on my 7th and with this one the only requirements were silver and VR6. Mine was completely standard and I think the better for it as I knew there would be no hidden issues.

To the original question Storms are probably percived as being worth more but surely its the same if you sell so you are no better or worse off than if you bought a standard VR.

Not that I know of. I started mine as a way of keeping my boys interested when we went to shows - now its started I have to finish it! Have slightly more Greens than Blues which is a bit odd (maybe some of the Greens are fakes?)

I agree with several of the above posts - more satisfying to start with a good base car of whichever model and add things that are important to you (or take things away which are not!).

My Storm register shows that there is a very strong relationship between mileage and prices - logic would suggest that after this much time condition should be all but the facts say otherwise. That probably means there are some real bargains out there as well as some over priced examples!

Shame it's an auto! Have always loved those wheels on the Corrado though...

Has anyone mentioned the differences in the gearboxes between the normal VR and the Storm?

The storm is 38% faster in reverse.

Have slightly more Greens than Blues which is a bit odd (maybe some of the Greens are fakes?)

I believe that some dealers badged up non-storms (green that is), as a way to help move them on.

Certainly helps tie in with your numbers.

There's a way to tell, via chassis numbers. Sure there's a thread on here somewhere.

Not that I know of. I started mine as a way of keeping my boys interested when we went to shows - now its started I have to finish it! Have slightly more Greens than Blues which is a bit odd (maybe some of the Greens are fakes?)

My Storm register shows that there is a very strong relationship between mileage and prices - logic would suggest that after this much time condition should be all but the facts say otherwise. That probably means there are some real bargains out there as well as some over priced examples!

I've been keeping a similar log based on cars for sale. Ultimately I'm looking for another to build an R32 and or a diesel, and am watching prices. If you want I can send you my 'register' - only about 30 cars - to see if it fills any gaps for you. PM me if you're interested.

D

To quote Mr Brewer...!!! buy with your eyes...!!! but do have a spec in mind,no point buying a car with cloth then trying to find leather later on..buy the best spec you can regardless of storm ect

Every corrado would of had paint or needs paint due to the front end shape.

I've been keeping a similar log based on cars for sale. Ultimately I'm looking for another to build an R32 and or a diesel, and am watching prices. If you want I can send you my 'register' - only about 30 cars - to see if it fills any gaps for you. PM me if you're interested.

D

PM'd

Just to stick my oar in, it's not like anybody (other than us spotters? :geek:) would know the difference anyway. At my third changeover while being towed back from Leeds on Monday the first question from the AA man was 'Nice...is it a Storm?' to which I had to reply 'No, it's purple' :lol:.

Get one that has nice bodywork, the mechanical stuff can be sorted by most anyone but decent body shop jobs are pricey...