Philuk

VW Festival Harewood House Friday 17th - Sunday 19th August 2012

Got my pass yesterday kip ! Im a postman so got it straight away it came into the sorting office :) Good job on the laminating

Last minute ticket purchase... see you all on topmotors.com club stand ;)

Show's pretty busy already - going to be a good'un. A couple of Corrados are waiting at the grafitti stand. Going to keep an eye on those!

I thought this was last weekend for some reason. Anyone not going to use their ticket after all for show and shine?

Is waiting for the AA!

Heart broken!

Gutted!

Sad!

Pit stop on the way home.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69039[/ATTACH]

Edited by Laser Mark

Just got back, after rain stopped play mid afternoon, had been drizzling for about an hour when gave up.

Good to catch up with familiar faces and friends.

Shame show has lost its edge, getting too big, too expensive, albeit some good cars around.

Now having just emptied car, near side footweel going right back to behind passenger seat, soaked - heard of this problem a few times - what is the cause.

Fortunately for me, car is booked into Stealth tomorrow........... Whew !

Still wouldn't mind a indicater of fault and if its a pricey one ot fix.

Cheers Wendy

---------- Post added at 5:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:43 PM ----------

Oh and LaserMark, sorry to hear about yours, do you know what is wrong ?

Leaky sunroof drain?

Leaky under bonnet heater air vent?

Heater matrix? Unlikely in this weather of course.

Blocked drain in the door?

Mark, any idea why out broke down?

CrazyDave had just past me so I gave him the secret 'Team America' signal (waving arms, and flashing lights)

Dave gave it the once over, it was knocking very loudly before I pulled over and the noise was getting worse. Initial diagnosis was that the bottom end had gone, there are metal particles in the oil around the oil cap and on the dip stick. The oil temp shot up to 148 degrees before I switched off and the engine didn't like being started up, it ran for a few seconds and then died as if it was tight.

I phoned the AA at 8.05 and by 8.25 I was being recovered, and by 9 I was southbound.

My mate opened his garage for me and fired it up, sounded much quieter as the oil had cooled. No knocking from the bottom, so it could be the top end that gone.

Its going to be diagnosed tomorrow and we'll take it from there. I've been offered the bits needed to fix it thanks to Dave16v.

So now its a waiting game.

Thanks to Dave for stopping and giving it the once over. I'll update my members thread when I have more news.

Good turnout today, Unfortunately i was miss directed to show and shine by the marshal as we were following Chris, Judith, Kip and Tim so missed out on the club display, It was also pointless as we werent even judged anyway.

Thought it was an ok day but not upto Tatton's standard/atmosphere and have to agree with Wendy's comments.

Had a fantastic day big thanks to James for letting me follow him down and getting a lil lost was all part of the fun, great to meet some new people :)

The odd wrong turn didn't hurt anyone. Though the look I got when I demanded the map from my co-pilot could have burned through steel.

Shame about the weather, but hey this is England and it's what makes this a green and pleasant land ( I still think car shows should have a "Beading competition" for when it rains ).

Numbers seemed to be massively down on last hear. Weather or £12 door tax ? Maybe a bit of both.

Traffic on the way back was a pain but seemed to create other opportunities for the pair behind us he he.

Mark: Sorry to hear about your engine. Hopefully it gets better soon.

Only a couple of snaps, but here they are either way:

Edited by James.

We had a good day today and always plenty to do. Met some old faces and some new ones which is good.

Well done to Judith and Kip on their wins! Apparently I scored well into the 80's on the points which I was told was very respectable, i'll have to try a bit harder for next year.

Steve, you had to pre-book for show and shine and they had little pre-printed slips for each car to be judged. Car looked good on the BBS's and prefer the new number plate.