JEZR

How many Corrado's exist?

I'm sure this has been on here at some stage, but I've just discovered this site http://howmanyleft.co.uk/?q=vw+corrado which deals with registered UK cars both taxed and SORN. Makes for some interesting reading with the following stats which would probably be reflected globally.

VR6 - 1.4k

16V - 798

G60 - 370

Corrado - 114 (not sure which one this relates to? )

VR6 Auto - 51

VR6 Storm - 8

Corrado Auto - 5

VR6 Storm Auto - 0

1400 VR6's dead, written-off, crushed, broken since 2000! Last VR6 Auto died 2008/9 - unless you know better?!

I can only presume the Corrado - "114 (not sure which one this relates to?" ) could mean 8v Corrados. so i have 1 of the 114 remaining ones :) As the 8v corrados only had a vw and a corrado badge on the back. unlike others wich had vr6 , 16v etc. So i would presume they would be defined as just a vw corrado.

The Storms would, in most cases, simply be registered as a Corrado VR6. It depends on what the dealer registered them as. The G60 is becoming very rare indeed. If I were looking to buy now then I'd probably be looking for one of those.

Theres more than 8 VR6 storms on the road!

I would have thought so too. Apparently 8 licenced and 5 on SORN - 13 - even so? Is there a Storm register?

very interesting reading , how many are used on a regular basis would be interesting reading too

Well the two I own havent been on the road for 3 years, both sorn, but are both roadworthy if I had the money to mot,tax and insure them! Id imagine there are quite a few corrado owners like me. I use my other car as a daily driver and the Corrados are parked up ready to go when I can afford it. They look good on my drive for now though. :)

i bet with two , thay are nice cars i really enjoy driving mine having never had one before, even so its only an 8 valve one with low mileage , its different then the modern stuff on the road and after waxoiling it yesterday i hope to keep her for a bit

8v's are rare now buddy. What is the milage on yours i wonder? I still havent seen any pics of yours I dont think? send me a link:)

i was wrong i thought the 8v was common i was wrong then its got just 62,500 miles on her with full service history all mots and if you see kit simmonds posts or my old one you see kit did a fab job on bringing my car back to life and is back enjoying a life of been used buy be polished every week and regular checks on her weekly

Are there really that few in total on the road now??

Seems to be loads round my way.

Knew g60s were few and far between... Wonder how many are used as Dalits still??

My 8v is on a N reg . Its moonlight blue with standard "westwood" 15 inch wheels all in good condition covered 130000 miles. Im lucky i have some intresting service history with mine and its been very well looked after indeed by its previous owner who had it for 9 years. ive had it about 4 months now and apart from i split vacume pipe its never missed a beat. Its my first corrado ive never drove a vr6 or 16v but i can report the 8v copes very well in the corrado plenty of bettom end torque gets around town very nicely. it soon runs outa legs on the moterway though.

IMG00501-20120527-1900.jpg

IMG00499-20120527-1859.jpg

IMG00500-20120527-1900.jpg

Wow, if those stats are somewhere near being accurate then it's pretty crazy to think there are so few left. But I think it's easy to forget how old the Corrado is with the way it looks.

Neil.

Wow, if those stats are somewhere near being accurate then it's pretty crazy to think there are so few left. But I think it's easy to forget how old the Corrado is with the way it looks.

Neil.

Those stats are going to be accurate, although you need to add the number on the road to number that are SORNed.

They are sourced from the DVLA and as it is very very unlikely that any Corrados were parked up prior to the SORN rules coming into effect then all the current Corrados that are registered (V5) will be listed.

Just a touch under 800 G60s still in the UK IIRC so they are very rare, the 8Vs are rarer still but given they only made a handful in the first place and they were only sold for around a year there are a lot more left.

As for the old Storm VR6 stuff, the Storms were never marked as Storms on the V5 details, this is just a few owners sending a change notice into the DVLA and getting Storm added to the V5 so its not accurate.

There are still some 4576 V5 carrying Corrados as of the back end of last year, thats not bad for a total initial figure of around 10,000 cars imported into the UK.

Of the 8vs there were only around 260 imported and 162 remain so they have faired better than the G60 which had around 1780 cars imported and now only 763 remain.

From the knowledge ive picked up over the years, i believe there were only 213 8v's ever made =/

bloody hell guys and i use my corrado 8v everyday as my daily driver of 70 miles a day which returns me 37 mpg and in satin silver which after the great work kit simmond did for me she runnning great fingers crossed

Anyone know when the first ones were registered in the uk?

Press cars on a F reg back in 1988, more in common with the pre-production stuff than the ones that actually were available to order later on that year.

Bordoux Pearl K reg VR6 with a Bora 4 motion conversion sorned but almost ready to come out and play.

All interesting stuff:thumbleft:

I wonder how many factory late bodied G60's are still out there? I'd love to know!

Neil.

All interesting stuff:thumbleft:

I wonder how many factory late bodied G60's are still out there? I'd love to know!

Neil.

Mine :)

My friend lee has one too but it's just about to go to the scrap heap after a crash a couple of months ago