Topaz2008

Stud Mounted Cable Ties

I have been trying to purchase some black stud mounted cable ties. These are the ones that screw onto a threaded stud and secure the wiring loom to the bulkhead. I am having no luck finding an online supplier.

Anyone got any ideas??

lol iv recentley orderd 10 from vw, apparently they cost pence! so i dont mind passing them on at extra cost hehe,

part number N 906 437 01

I've found something that works just as well (imo)

Its these clips that you screw onto the studs, then the cable tie passes through it.

Might have a photo somewhere, i gave up looking for the studded ones.

---------- Post added at 1:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:10 PM ----------

Bit hard to see, but the clip you can see here, bottom right of pics, just screwed onto the stud, without the cable tie fitted yet

2012-06-17130444.jpg

my m8 who works at the parts counter at a vw dealership seems to have had no problems ordering them for me

just waiting on them to arrive , so idd say there not obsolete but i'll let you guys know when there in my hands..

I've found something that works just as well (imo)

Its these clips that you screw onto the studs, then the cable tie passes through it.

Might have a photo somewhere, i gave up looking for the studded ones.

---------- Post added at 1:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:10 PM ----------

Bit hard to see, but the clip you can see here, bottom right of pics, just screwed onto the stud, without the cable tie fitted yet

H

that looks very good, where did you get it from?

Will look it up tomorrow, how many do you need, not sure how many I bought but only need about 3 or 4. Think I might of bought different sizes to find the best fit.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

Still available from VW at 37p each. The really annoying thing is the parts department will not order them unless I visit and pay for them first!

Still available from VW at 37p each. The really annoying thing is the parts department will not order them unless I visit and pay for them first!

most of them are like that, trouble is on very low turnover parts they're not going to shift them if you don't pick them up and I don't think they can return parts to VW

most of them are like that, trouble is on very low turnover parts they're not going to shift them if you don't pick them up and I don't think they can return parts to VW

Yes I have found that in the past but had developed an "understanding" with the parts guy. Sadly hes moved on and I don't know the new guy very well. My Scirocco is in for service tomorrow so they are going to add them to the service bill so I should have them when they drop off the car :o

just to add to this, vw obviously use the studs and separate tie wraps now themselves as I have found some at home I got new with a set of parts from an autojumble a year or two ago, will take some pics tonight, unfortunately I don't think there are any vag part numbers on them, definitely VW though, it was for some kind of loom install kit for a transporter or something random, but the bits looked useful so I bagged them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68879[/ATTACH]

These are 3 part fixings, not what I thought as they use a stud that the push through fixing goes into. 1j0 898 623

Thread revival…

Ive bought some of the above and they seem like a 'male' whereas the originals are female and mount on threaded sections mounted on the car..

So, whats the way ahead??

I can get ones that are a cris cross effect from the dealer but not a solid cable tie..

Jim Bowen, are the ones you have gone with any good?

Anyone else used an alternative?

Fair dos

Anyone used an alternative, not against the idea of a modern equivalent..

Do modern VWs use the criss cross type cable ties or something else?