timthetinyhorse

more of the storm red VR6

keep the venoms baz,different if nothin else!(would be tempted to do 'em black though)

i think they suit the car tbh.nowt wrong with a bit of old skool imo.

we all tend to forget now and again that they are old cars.

i was the same when i bought mine with the borbet a's,thought to myself

"must get some newer type/style alloys" but they've grown own me now,love em!

Looks great in those photos, I need to copy you and tidy my callipers too!

LOL to be fair mookie it was a bit of a rush job........all done with masking tape, plastic sheets and about 2hrs of my time. Still managed to get it to look ok though.

As the car is being used as a wedding car tomorrow to transport the groom to the venue I went to town with the cleaning and also finally got round to making a required subtle change to the rear end of the car......can you see the change lol

3A35FDBE-ED9E-4348-8F8F-B555E247C266-152-000000044A2BEFA9.jpg

Also got round to getting my interior plastics looking like they came from the factory so just need a new gear knob now

02E59592-4A26-4764-8F3D-97C6FB27E001-152-0000000456AE89F5.jpg

Not much progress to be fair but thought I would post anyway

---------- Post added at 7:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:03 PM ----------

Just noticed how crap the pics are, better to follow tomorrow bloody phone

quick update on this car since its been a while, just got a huge pile of gaskets so i can get my intake all sorted over winter, not have a splitter almost ready to fit, new badges to sort out the slightly damaged ones, new grill to fit and some little bits of paint to sort out and then she should be ready for another summer, been looking at going back to a set of speedlines with the car aswell but doing them a grey color but thats still just a thought at the moment.

Will also be ordering caliper rebuild kits so i can strip the calipers properly and get them coated the same as the intake mani.

So today the wife was packed off to the shops and I set away getting the engine put back together.....

Pics detail the work that has been done today.

So this is how the engine looked at the start of today;

CA26C12B-9304-446D-B0AC-305D6C8730F7-7045-00000492FCDBBA86.jpg

Decided to give the rocker nuts a quick paint before refitting the freshly coated rocker;

6B97DCA2-47F8-4026-9845-AF87FF6C930A-7045-0000049303F3246C.jpg

Next up was to fit the rocker cover with its new gasket and get it put on with the black nuts....looking good now;

40538A9F-523F-4941-B0A8-76EE4B0A6C3B-7045-000004930C4BD1C9.jpg

A quick test and it was decided that the below silver plastic engine cover would not do;

832BD778-3604-4930-91BC-5AFCB849A6DE-7045-0000049308CA9A8D.jpg

Next up the inlet manifold was refitted using new stainless bolts and fresh gaskets, I didn't get a decent image of the engine with just the manifold fitted or how good it looks with the fresh bolts however the is one of the manifold fitted and a test fit of the new satin black engine cover;

EF462568-F324-4CE1-9208-E8840D93BEB0-7045-000004931134D556.jpg

I'm now waiting for a fresh set of HT lead plastics which will be painted up the same colour as the engine cover and a red set of HT leads. I'm also looking at mofifying a stock air box to accept the cone filter to keep the bay looking OEM but still keeping the lovely noise of the engine sucking in tons of air.

As usual all comments and criticisms welcome :-)

Not much I know but a little more progress was made today, got the plastics painted and fitted and the engine now looks like this.....

Pic is shoddy as my laptop is at work, will try upload pic from the big camera tomorrow as this does it no justice (phone pic)

42835430-AB11-4E92-B149-F225902BA925-3642-000002EB9E3A6C2A.jpg

Got the leads fitted and started her up and hey how she was missing on one cylinder, further inspection leads to a bust lead so need to get a set ordered up.....the good news is I have no leaks or anything after refitting everything so I'm happy with that.

Cheers

i laughed when i noticed the clumps of nasty old sound deadening on the slam panel, obviously like me youve found clumps of it literally everywhere.

i laughed when i noticed the clumps of nasty old sound deadening on the slam panel, obviously like me youve found clumps of it literally everywhere.

Indeed the stuff is bloody everywhere!! It's all coming off once the weather improves.

Had a couple of hours today working on the car......replaced the ht leads and started her up and all was good at idol, ran the car up to temp and gave it some revs, she then decided to die on me.....started car up again and it ran lumpy so suspect the isv......daft thing is I then decided to remove the head unit (never been fitted properly and was driving me mad) and now the car won't start at all......thinking it could be that the head unit it linked to immobiliser so need to go back tomorrow and refit it and see if I can get back to it running lumpy on idol and investigate from there.

Anyhow on a brighter note I had the big camera with me so snapped a decent pic of the engine, got a stock air box on the way so will look even better next week! Once I sus this engine issue out I can get on with the body work :-)

vr6_zps41ef3ff8.jpg

Yeah, I wasn't sure about the manifold and rocker when I picked them up but once they were fitted I was happy wit the result......

Need to remove the expansion tank etc and get them cleaned up now, can't wait to get the stock air box fitted aswell!

Inlet looks good, your bays quite tidy in general tbh! New washer bottle would help brighten things up a bit too.

DSCF0135.jpg

I forgot how low VR sumps are!!

Well more of an update, finally managed to persuade my old man to let me use his garage for a while so i can get some work done on the rado before the baby comes and my time is restricted.

Got the air box and gave it a good clean and then fitted it and I think its a massive improvement over the nasty cone filter that was there before it, i was going to try start the car and see how much sound difference there was but the battery is flat so that's on charge to be tested another day.

Also removed the grill ready for paint :-)

Not a lot of progress but its getting there......

DSCF0529_zpsa2f5ba45.jpg

DSCF0531_zpsbd9621ee.jpg

note i still need to wrap the messy bits of loom and clean the battery tray properly..............

also need to change the rusty bolts and screws in the slam panel.

I also put the standard airbox back on today, I took the snorkel out of the front where it meets with the panel behind the headlamps to get a bit more sound. I think it is spot on, get the same roar as with the cone but a bit less OTT and car runs much smoother, idle and general pick up from lower revs seems better.

---------- Post added at 4:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:14 PM ----------

Just realised where I've seen your car before, or at least part of it. You had your manifold done at Betta blast? I've been getting stuff done there too!

Ah good thinking i might have to do that to mine, cant comment on the running as mine is still hard work to start due to the over fueling issue that is taunting me, need to get the battery charged and change the blue temp sender and see where im at after that....

Yeah i get my parts done at beta blast mate, got a set of calipers to strip and send his way sometime soon and might also send the bike frame down soon.

Cool, I just had my wheels done there. Also got a set of 288 calipers/carriers that I'll likely get done there too.

We need to get a north east meet going!