steVR6

classic line insurance

get a quote from these guys!!

seriously,i've got mine through them.

35 y/o 9 yrs no claims.

told them about EVERY mod inc engine conversion,etc,etc

limited miles to 4k a year,with an agreed value of £3000

fully comp parked on the street,£300 excess(total)

for £248!!!!

only downer is that it must be paid in full,no monthlys.:cheers:

I've just gone with these guys... thanks for the tip as I'd never heard of them before!

I had a renewal quote of £441 from Footman James. Spoke to them on the phone and they said the only way they could lower the premium for me would be to drop the mileage from 4500 to 1500 miles a year - and that would save me a whopping £60. Thanks.

Spoke to Sky Insurance - £500!!!

Classic Line got to just under £400 so I decided to go with them.

I'm pretty sure my quotes on the VR this year are up at least 30% - robbing thieving *******s!!

Same story for me, with Chris Knott at the mo but renewal is due in october so i gave these guys a call to test the water. I'm currently paying about £460 fully comp, with business use, parked on driveway and 7 years no claims. Classic car quoted me £387 with my no claims protected (which it isn't at the mo) but with a slight increase in excess to £350.

Looks like Chris Knott have got some work to do to match that...

cool with bare in mind...

do they carry on your NCB?

I didn't need NCB for this policy as I went onto a classic / limited mileage policy thankfully :)

My NCB is already applied / used on my daily (yet another ridiculous, backwards, half implemented system by insurers!!)

Gave them a ring and they wouldn't give me a quote.

they give you any reason for that mate?

They just said no-one would give a quote for the details i supplied - it was for a daily though.

Managed to get a quote from brentacre for 450 quid in the end, which is about half of my other quotes so far.

aahhh right, afaik its for modern classic types with limited mileage etc:shrug:

glad you got sorted though mate,and half price cant be a bad thing.

Hi All,

Just Bern looking at your posts about car insurance. I've just re-insured my Corrado vr6 with Sureterm Direct and paid £250 for one year. I have 2 years NCD. I was quoted £650 by Adrian Flux!! Hope this helps!

Paul

Just tried that sureterm, theyre a broker, and the cheapest I was quoted was 7500! :cuckoo:

That was for 30 yo, good postcode area, 5 year NCB, 4000 mile limit, SDP only, £350 excess.

Can't wait for the PPI/insurance/personal injury phone call to start now......................."sigh"

Just tried that sureterm, theyre a broker, and the cheapest I was quoted was 7500! :cuckoo:

That was for 30 yo, good postcode area, 5 year NCB, 4000 mile limit, SDP only, £350 excess.

Can't wait for the PPI/insurance/personal injury phone call to start now......................."sigh"

I just renewed mine with adrian flux 10 year NCB 5000 mile pleasure only £300 excess "£350" Fully comp all mod's 280bhp R32 agreed value 10k

I forgot to mention, that was kept overnight in a locked compound within a Naval Establishment as well! Not sure there is much more I could do to safeguard against theft tbh!

Will call a few on friday, and I'm waiting on a few quotes by phone to come in too. Not bought it yet, but going to have a look sat'dee.

How did you get that quote, my renewal with 11yrs NCB and garaged with 1k mileage is £650. Dam joke! Where do you live?

---------- Post added at 9:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:48 AM ----------

Just phoned classic line £325 fully comp. SWEET

Just got an email from classicline too! All the same as above, £215! Includes breakdown, legal protection, windscreen cover, and an agreed valuation of £3500 (subject to photographs etc), withan excess of just £100! Well happy with that!

You got any mods on that Sean?

Just wheels and suspension Pete. Nothing else on it yet. Probably only gonna put BMC CDA on in the near future, the rest is just tidying it up. - That is on the assumption I actually buy it btw!

Just wheels and suspension Pete. Nothing else on it yet. Probably only gonna put BMC CDA on in the near future, the rest is just tidying it up. - That is on the assumption I actually buy it btw!

Did you get it mate? noticed there was a bid on it.

I did mate, although it wasn't my bid. I managed to knock him down a bit, and it didn't come with the D90s. It was a heart ruling the head moment tbh, and I need time to reflect a little before I say much more.

I'll get a thread started in the members Gallery tomorrow with a few pics though. Think you can probably guess how this is gonna start, but it needs quite some work..............

Good you got one heh they all need work mate passenger side wheel bearing on mine decided to be fooked but fortunately i had bought a 5 stud conversion for the BBM G60 i had so thought it would be a straight swap of course nothing to do with this car is straightforward cos it still had the original G60 cv's on it but the 5 stud conversion (came off daves16v old car) came with the cv's too so we just put them on too also noticed there was some movement in the coilover's pretty sure the top mount's are fine may just need a washer or two between top mount and locking nut at least i know now it has vr6 cv's which i believe are stronger all good fun i'm sure you will enjoy yourself improving your's Good Luck.

James.

Yeah its all in the name of fun! I picked it up today and only got day insurance, so gonna take it to the car club in work and leave it there for the time being. I'll get it up on the ramp tomorrow and have a proper look underneath too. Will be SORN for a couple of months I think whilst I sort a few things out. Next two weeks (until pay day) will be be used cleaning and detailing the car, and assessing and compiling a priority list of work required. I'll give a good low down of everything on the Gallery Thread, but the way I'm trying to look at it, is I've saved another one from the scrap heap!

Edited by seanl82