Sign in to follow this  
stormseeker

VR6 vs. RS6 quattro :shock:

Following an RS6 down a dual carriageway the other day, sticking with him through some traffic, waiting for him to boot it when the road was clear - so he did and we sprinted from aprox. 50mph to (private road speeds) - I was pleasantly surprised how he only got away from me by a few car lengths :shock: thought the RS6 was the V8 turbo'd 450 BHP + similar lb/ft monster :? - I don't think he can have been trying (although the puff of smoke when he booted it made me think he was ? ) or the RS6 was ill ??? :?: :?

Turbo Diesel cars tend to smoke when booting it from low down revs (i.e. before the turbo has kicked in) my old 306 used to pump out black clouds below 3,000rpm if i put my foot to the floor, and didn't accellerate at all until the turbo kicked in either. Maybe he was in the wrong gear - lol just throwing some random suggestion there, I don't actually know anything about the RS6 or how fast they are :-P

RS6 is a beast. No offence but he probably was in sixth gear and never bothered changing. Or, he was a complete donkey and has no idea how to drive. The RS6 hits 60 in 4.5 secs (or there abouts) and certainly wont run out of steam after that. It just gets into its stride then and the warp factor kicks in.

Tis a beast. My uncle nearly bought one but decided on a Porshe 911 Turbo (993) with the upgrade kit. 450 bhp!!! A very wise choice :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

timo

P.S. The RS6 is twin turboed :mrgreen: . Mind you, so is the 911. I want forced induction!! :(

VR6 midrange is pretty impresive! magazines were saying 30 - 70 it was quicker than an M5 and as quick as an aston martin.....which is nice

I've been in an aston, vr6 is not even close. 400lb/ft of torque at 1500rpm.

The RS6 probably had a cam position sensor out :wink:

They are seriously quick cars although they're very heavy and might not be devastating off boost, but they certainly are when on boost!

K

As everyone has said, these cars are pure dynamite. The VR6 is a beautiful machine but... the RS6 is just a monster. No way ANY VR6 would have kept up with it.. not even PhatVR6's :) :) :D :lol:

Figures I have for this beasty are :

4172cc V8 twin turbo 40v :-P

450 bhp 8)

413 ib/ft at just 1,950 rpm! :shock:

0-62 in 4.7 secs

0-125 in 17.8 secs! soooo it's pretty quick by anybodys standards :)

... the RS6 is just a monster. No way ANY VR6 would have kept up with it.. not even PhatVR6's :) :) :D :lol:

Phatvr6s wouldnt keep up with a 1.3 morris marina at the moment :-P

Although he'll be wiping the floor with pretty much all of us in the not too distant future :)

0-125 in 17.8 secs! soooo it's pretty quick by anybodys standards :)

Yeah that is quick but to put show the difference between a quick car and *seriously* quick car, the Bugatti Veyron does 0-125 in 6 seconds and 0 - 186 in 14 secs!!

It has an accelerative force of 1G..... so if you've been on the vertical drop ride (Oblivion) at Alton Towers, you should get an idea of what 0 - 125 in 6 secs feels like :shock:

Holy cow.. its pretty amazing when you put it in perspective like that.

It must be sheer terror when you plant your foot firmly to the floor in that machine.

You wanna take a ride in the space shuttle.. It looks all gentle and calm, but it's pushing 7-8Gs on take off...

0-600mph in a few seconds... :shock:

When is the veyron going to be released? It was mean't to be released a while ago, but theres been a few problems with launching it. Sure it will be swesome when it does go on sale to all the Arabian princes!!

As for the VR6 vs RS6, that is a bit of a joke. They are two completely different animals, the RS6 would leave the VR in alomost any gear, and very very rapidly............

Not sure when the big Bug will be ready. I suspect they've got cooling issues with the mammoth 8 litre, quad cam, quad turbo engine!

You wanna take a ride in the space shuttle.. It looks all gentle and calm, but it's pushing 7-8Gs on take off...

0-600mph in a few seconds... :shock:

I went on the bungee rocket in Ibiza a few years a go and you go from 0-100mph in just over a second and you pull anything from 5-6 or 7 G (weight pending). I had a headache for about 6 hours afterwards and it put me off possible future space travel for good.

I went on the bungee rocket in Ibiza a few years a go ... I had a headache for about 6 hours afterwards and it put me off possible future space travel for good.

I bet that's a major loss to the European Space programme.. ;) :lol:

I think the ultimate G-forces experienced by human beings were back when they ran some tests with a rocket powered sled hitting water brakes (I can't recall the reason at the time). I think the "lucky volunteer" experienced something like 30Gs momentarily. It pretty much screwed them up, and made them very very ill for a month or more after a single test.

Was that not the guy who was doing research into the human body's resistance to high G-force over a short time? IIRC he pulled about 30g's over 1 millisecond and survived. Although his retina detached from his eye etc, he lived to tell the tale and conclude his research. :shock: Crazy fool

I went on a G-simulator out in Kennedy Space Centre earlier this year. It was a centrifugal simulator and claimed to pull up to 4G's. It was actually a rather unpleasant experience, but that could have been because I tried to look to one side rather than at the screen.. (really trippy effect, your vision twists in circles as you turn your head, made me feel sick :pukeright: ). At one point my cheeks were starting to ripple in a Roger Moore/Moonraker fashion. Not something I'd do again in a hurry.

As everyone has said, these cars are pure dynamite. The VR6 is a beautiful machine but... the RS6 is just a monster. No way ANY VR6 would have kept up with it.. not even PhatVR6's :) :) :D :lol:

maybe Guy Hartley's tho :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I was lucky enough to drive a RS6 saloon last week - my mate has just bought one, lucky fecker :p

Suffice to say it's in a totally different league to the Corrado. I suspect only mental motors like the German VR6 Turbos will get close, but I still reckon the RS will have it. A phenomenal machine - the acceleration simply has to be seen to be believed. I got up to 130 in no time without even trying. Handles and stops well too.

And if you thought the VR sounded good.... Warbling V8 + turbo wistle = redundant stereo!!

And you can't catch them "off boost" as the 1st turbo spins up quickly for low down boost, and the second really comes on song at 4k. It's not peaky, but you can really feel the second turbo do its stuff when you bury the throttle.

He called me up yesterday to tell me he'd just seen off a CL55 AMG!

Ba$tardo!

I'm sure the RS6 driver probably wasn't trying too hard.

VR6 midrange is pretty impresive! magazines were saying 30 - 70 it was quicker than an M5 and as quick as an aston martin.....which is nice

I've been in an aston, vr6 is not even close. 400lb/ft of torque at 1500rpm.[/quote:ccb2e]

In the Autocar test they quote the 30-70 in gear time and then state it's pretty much as quick as an M5 and an Aston but I forget which model.