K Simmonds

How many use your Corrado daily??

I use my g60 daily as well approx 15k a year for the past 2 years... Been more reliable than anything else I've had, couple of electrical niggles to start with but all good now.

35mpg average so can't complain.

I don't even change the wheels in winter!

I don't even change the wheels in winter!

I was going to make some silly comment - Like - Yes, that's just for girls !!!

- When I noted where you live........... Poole, Dorest - hardly the worst place in the UK for bad weather now is it ? !!! :-)

Drove a 2.3 Audi Coupe for years until I unexpectedly picked up another Corrado, have to say the Corrados a better car all round:cheers:.

ooh dunno about that,i had many an audi coupe over the years,coupe GT and the newer ones too.

nicer drive,and built better than either of the rado's i've had,admittedly they are a heavier car,and not quite as sharp

in the twisties,unless its a quattro:norty:

and nothing sounds like a firespittin five pot imo, kinda wish the did a rado with one in:cool:

5 days a week 2 junctions on the M1 to work....22 speed cushions on business park :pukeright:....looking a bit odd driving a stanced VR6 in a shirt and tie.

2 weekend days fully enjoing it!

Verity was my daily till I got the sherry now the blackberry is the daily and hopefully sold and replaced with the silver one for the daily with an interesting engine in

Daily on and off for the past 4 years, took it off the road for a full respray and took my time putting it back together, now back in daily but hopefully not for long. Absolutely love driving it and makes me smile everytime I get in it but makes me sad that britains roads are absolute crap, don't want it wrecking all the hard work i've put into it, plus with a cheap daily I'll have more money to spend on it :)

I say that mine is my daily, but due to car parking charges I get the train to work, but currently my housemate is using it everyday to get to work so I know that it is being used and not just sitting.

The only times I really use the Corrado is to go to my mums which is me travelling from Essex to Burton on Trent so only really motorway miles going on it really!

ooh dunno about that,i had many an audi coupe over the years,coupe GT and the newer ones too.

nicer drive,and built better than either of the rado's i've had,admittedly they are a heavier car,and not quite as sharp

in the twisties,unless its a quattro:norty:

and nothing sounds like a firespittin five pot imo, kinda wish the did a rado with one in:cool:

Yep, I agree. It's a close call IMO. The Corrado handles better than a FWD Coupe, the four pot's are easier to work on with cheaper parts and better fuel economy. Like you say the Audi's are better built and the five pot engines sound awesome, I had a 10V 1992 10V Coupe for Eight years, decatted it sounded great.

Hey, same here. Only car and a daily car for work and pleasure :)

When stuck in traffic, wish I had something like Yaris or Polo but when when road is clear it's amazing feel of being in Corrado. From as much as I heard 16v is worst in traffic due to short gear ratio. In a very slow traffic I can never properly drive in 1st gear... it's a looooot of clutch pressing, depressing all the time :( As the car always seems to drive too fast (in comparison to other cars) even when acceleration pedal not pressed at all. It's weird...

It was my daily in the past, and is standing in at the moment while my MK2 is off the road. In fact, when the insurance on the Golf expires next month I'm going to put my main policy on the Corrado and use it daily again permanently. I find them very easy to live with as a daily tbh. I'd love to get some winter tyres on the spare speedlines, but funds are a bit tight.

used to be daily all year round, come rain, shine, snow and ice (see pic to left) only let me down once in 8 years. Hopefully soon to be back as a semi retired weekend car so to say..

I use my 1990 16v every day to and from work and seeing as how that involves some single track highland roads is a great way of blowing away any cobwebs!.

Also just did a 650 mile round trip for a long weekend and she never missed a beat!

I do intend to put her into storage again this winter and run my old RAV4 tho

Have been doing about 20-25k a year in mine for last two years, although that includes a trip round France and one out to Bosnia.

The driving position is perfect for me, much prefer it to anything else I've ever had. Hopefully hit 200k by end of the year :)

Ran the Campaign as a daily for twelve months, carrying paint and working on a building site. Retired the old girl and bought the 8v. That was sixteen months ago. Took me a while but the car is right where I want it to be. All fixed and set up for the daily commute. We cover about 5k a year, so not a huge amount but I do take it on long journeys with my son on school holidays and weekends. About 3k commute and 2k fun time.

Wouldn't drive anything else for the money.

I did for the last 5-6 years. But about 3 months ago bought a passat for a daily so i dont have to use the Corrado as a daily. Especially in the winters.

To be honest i do miss the Corrado, but not as much as i would if it wasnt on the road at all - least i know i can still get in it and go for a drive.

Daily from new in '94. 130k. Wish turbo had been in from new. No longer used for long trips. (Don't dare say it has never let me down) D'oh. Too late?

Me too , everyday for 3 1/2 years now had a valver for two and the vr since selling that

Touch wood , never broke down and love every bit of driving the corrado