BILLCOR

A well known Red VR Turbo

He offered it back to me. Was in the process of putting up and advert to sell my silver one to buy it back but I decided I moved on for a reason. Its a top car and the lad is a VW tech so its been looked after. Its basically the same as when I sold it.

Would love to own that monster.. what an absolute machine :)

If I didnt have my RS It would be back with me. Such a great car and taught me a lot about using quality components and how things affect performance on a car. So much so that my long term plan is to build the silver one into something similar. I did ask for the wheels back but it was a no go.

i'm guessing that this was James' old one? Any pics as to how it stands now (I'm not a member on E38)?

Such a great car and taught me a lot about using quality components and how things affect performance on a car. So much so that my long term plan is to build the silver one into something similar

Me too. Hope you've got deep pockets :D

So are you saying a well sorted 12V VRT is a better drive than a well sorted R32 transplant?

If I didnt have my RS It would be back with me. Such a great car and taught me a lot about using quality components and how things affect performance on a car. So much so that my long term plan is to build the silver one into something similar. I did ask for the wheels back but it was a no go.

What are the rims worth ?

the attention to detail on that build was hugely impressive, from the engine through to the bodywork. I thought it looked stunning on the RHs.

Great car. I remember seeing it when James first got it almost standard and then seeing it early in its turbo days.

Definitely built by one of the most knowledgeable chaps on here.

Acutally original integrale wheels were made by Speedline. They are Compomtive TH2's bought as they mimic the original Lancia wheel very closely. At the time they were the only 5x100 set in the world. A bit of a bugger when I bent one.

If anyone wants to know anything about the car please ask and I will help where i can.

So are you saying a well sorted 12V VRT is a better drive than a well sorted R32 transplant?

Unless a VRT is built really well, the R32 is better imo.

Nothing. Just guessing :D

That's good to know from someone who has done the both as it was something you never said anything about in your build thread i know all about lag with a 330bhp cossie and now know what an R32 is like no lag i assume you get a fair bit of lag with a vrt i have not had the pleasure of either driving or being a passenger in a vrt but the sound of an R32 is so lovely especially when the vvt kick's in it remind's me of a 2.0 litre 16v twin 45 carbed nova i had a good few year's ago nice one kev.

Having recently had a 360 BHP Supercharged Rallye and a Mk2 r32 and a VR6 Turbo - The Turbo version wins by a mile in my valued opinion.

As long as Turbo cars are mapped properly - lag is a thing of the past - or you can always fit a supercharger to combat the lag !