seanl82

Seanl82's ringer Storm

PM'd Sean, thanks buddy!

Got a couple of pics, not much but I suppose its a start.

Didn't get time to go over the GB again today, so just scrubbed down a load of brackets and cleaned up any corrosion using a wire wheel on the bench grinder. Most things I want done are ready for powdercoating now. Got a nice little present through the post today too. I'm actually quite excited about these oddly. The gearchange has been pretty damn sloppy since I got the car. Pin is in place, and no amount of alignment will improve it. Bushes seem reasonable so I can only conclude that the these are the cause. I keep meaning to whip the gearstick off as well to send up to Daves16v, so I'll try to remember again next week when I'm next with the car. Hopefully these together will be the final pieces of the puzzle to make gear changes nice and fluid.

20140305_160524_zpsmiw1q7di.jpg

20140306_124637_zpsh6m1xrgs.jpg

20140313_163845_zpsbzxjhr4g.jpg

I'll have a full day or two next weekend, so should have a better update with some better pics then. I'll refrain from these crap posts until then! :p

Thanks chaps. Not as much work done as I'd hoped, and tps and the powdercoaters were both close Saturday so off to revisit them tomorrow. Gearbox will be cleaned again and painted up on Thursday, so when parts arrive it should be all hands to the pump to reassemble. We are away for a week from Friday, but should have a solid few days when we get back to work on it.

A few pics.

DSC_0012_zpsayk8ac6n.jpgDSC_0013_zpspv8jb971DSC_0014_zps4fvclghlDSC_0015_zpsx6ammixu.jpg

DSC_0017_zpsqhwoi6ho.jpg

DSC_0019_zpsas6rfqck.jpg

DSC_0020_zpsvhnfg3ng.jpg

Cheeky VR6 badge I finally got hold of for relatively sensible money!

DSC_0029_zpsdtzeyfu3.jpg

Top chain guide that I found to be broken. New one ordered.

DSC_0030_zpserphgl9m.jpg

Block after a good scrub and wire wheel.

DSC_0031_zpsllpaot5f.jpg

And after a bit of paint.

DSC_0038_zps1w6w2i8o.jpg

DSC_0041_zps3o8vhmln.jpg

DSC_0040_zps10bvtjdo.jpg

DSC_0039_zpszbb9rqnc.jpg

Done a few more bits and pieces but will get them up with a nice big update soon. In other news, I've found out today (not an April fool) that we'll be having quite a significant retention bonus from work. Doubt it'll all be processed and in my hand for a couple of months what with easter leave commencing on Friday, but this means that I will have more than enough left over after I've paid off my debts and booked a holiday, to book the car in for a full respray and all the exterior parts that are likely to need replacing etc, which has made me a very happy boy indeed! Good times ahead!!! :dance:

Looking good matey Good news for you we have watched you plug away at this car and not have much luck this is your just reward you deserve it Sean keep up the good work :thumbleft:

Looks so familiar Sean! I don't know about you but I can add to my list of jobs to do quicker then I can take them off!

Engine looks great and I'm sure the gearbox will when your finished. You really are turning the car round from when you bought it.

Thank you all, means alot when coming from all of you with such good ones. I can invisige a car I'll be extremely proud of now!

Rog, best thing is, the return of service for the FRI finishes before the RoS for course and they run concurrently, so it's free money for me! :dance:

Edited by seanl82

Cross member, skirt, fan shroud, bonnet stay, and a box full of engine bay brackets now in for blasting and nylon coating. Ordered remaining parts required from TPS too so it's all out reassembly when I get back a week Friday! Yay!!! Pleasantly surprised with the price of everything too! :cheers:

Almost everything got now. The knock sensor I ordered a week ago still hasn't come, and picking up the final bits from Tps and the stuff I put in for coating tomorrow before we set off for the week.

Missus sussed the ultrasonic cleaner was never initially intended for her as soon as it arrived though! :shrug:

When you have finished , this is going to be a great car Sean . Ive been adding a few bits in the bay that are powder coated , it does make it look really nice .

Rob

Thanks Rob, I hope so mate. I went for nylon coat as suggested by ChrisL, as it's much more hard wearing. It was only available in semi-gloss, but the samples I saw don't look shiny and bling at all which is what I was hoping for. I was really surprised at the price too. I expected it to be more than it would be for paint as it's longer lasting, and I expected it to be around the £150 mark for blasting and a standard powder. It would have been £60-70 for standard, and £100-110 (£100 for cash) for nylon so I went with that! They were recommended by Martin (vr6south) too as he's used them before, so I'm confident it will be a good job. I still have a few things I want to do before and after paint for it to perfect, but I think I'll be able to achieve it in the next 12-18 months which I'm quite pleased about for the moment. :smug:

Are you going to have the car painted in the original colour Sean ?.

That's a cracking question Rob. Sean what is the original colour?:p

That's a cracking question Rob. Sean what is the original colour?:p

Oh we're all comedians today aren't we! :lol:

I'm going original colour. I know it's not a real Storm, but it adds to the charm that it's trying to be one! :grin:

Oh we're all comedians today aren't we! :lol:

I'm going original colour. I know it's not a real Storm, but it adds to the charm that it's trying to be one! :grin:

Well I like to try Sean :rolleyes: Sean from what we have seen from your effort's so far you may actually end up being very close in pulling it off.Folk say to me do this do that :nono: I'll do what I think then you can pass judgement I haven't done bad so far of course it could all go horribly wrong :lol:

That's it mate. I think we all need to go for what we as individuals want, and not be too drawn into the crowd. For me, it was seeing ChrisL's car at national day last year and thinking 'that's what I want my car to be like'. A truly stunning and mostly original example, with just the right amount of choice mods. That's the way I like things, although I appreciate the more modified one's if done right (like yours :o) look immense!

That's it mate. I think we all need to go for what we as individuals want, and not be too drawn into the crowd. For me, it was seeing ChrisL's car at national day last year and thinking 'that's what I want my car to be like'. A truly stunning and mostly original example, with just the right amount of choice mods. That's the way I like things, although I appreciate the more modified one's if done right (like yours :o) look immense!

You know I can't really take a lot of praise for mine the way it sit's just now which is why it is getting a bit of a transformation not because I want to get rid of what has been done before I just love messing with car's even more with the C than other's. And i do like the hard as nail's look but with a twist to intrigue people as there have been so many version's before it's not easy to get a "one off" but it's enjoyable to try.

Little update with a few pics. Not a great deal done, although I've started putting it back together now. Bit of a delay with the powdercoated items, (not ready yet despite them having it all almost two weeks!) so picking it all up Tuesday now. Everything seems to take longer than you plan for!

Don't think it's to the standard of some of the recent members rebuilds tbf, although it's a damp sight better than it was. GB selector mech on still needs a good sorting out. Should have done it before painting but hey, you live and learn.

DSC_0042_zpsa5avixvt.jpg

DSC_0052_zpsvkykqjgm.jpg

DSC_0053_zpspqjuc760.jpg

DSC_0056_zps4uyailku.jpg

DSC_0058_zpsdlhxwl3c.jpg

Still a fair way to go, but slowly slowly catchy monkey and all that!

Totally. Big respect to you Sean many would have buckled way before now :notworthy:

Wow Sean, Thats a massive improvement, the gearbox looks great. You really have turned this Corrado around and you'll take great pleasure in showing it with the bonnet open now.