seanl82

Seanl82's ringer Storm

Cheers chaps. Martin, yeah past parts.

It came to £166.50 incl VAT & postage back. Not cheap, but lack of any other options forced my hand really.

That refurbished master makes me want to paint mine in black! So...I have a question?
I'm gathering all the parts to convert mine to non-abs. My question is about the reservoir cap. I'm assuming your is factory non-abs? What kind of cap do you have on yours? The one I have actually on my abs setup as two connectors on the cap (one I guess for the level, don't know what the other one is for) but anyway, do you have any connector on your reservoir cap??

Cheers!

3 hours ago, ABV-VR6 said:

That refurbished master makes me want to paint mine in black! So...I have a question?
I'm gathering all the parts to convert mine to non-abs. My question is about the reservoir cap. I'm assuming your is factory non-abs? What kind of cap do you have on yours? The one I have actually on my abs setup as two connectors on the cap (one I guess for the level, don't know what the other one is for) but anyway, do you have any connector on your reservoir cap??

Cheers!

Sorry pal, all late model Corrados came with ABS as standard which mine is. UK VR6s have a single connector at the reservoir cap.  I think the G60s may have a dual one though can't say for certain. Can you not trace it in the wiring diagram in the Bentley manual?

She lives!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great feeling and I'm chuffed to bits! Started out by topping up the brake fluid and bleeding all the brakes, then had to buy a 20L Jerry can to top up with fuel. Took the fuel pump relay out and cranked a few times to build oil pressure, then put back in and anticipated it running like a bag of spanners but wasn't bad at all. Sounded very tappy until I had a look around and realised I hadn't pushed any of the leads home. Doh! All in and purring away nicely now. ABS light is staying on so I'll connect it up to VCDS tomorrow and scan. Hopefully just a sensor not connected properly or something and not the pump - though I have a spare. Ran up to temp, and PAS fluid & coolant bled. 

I've had a positive day so leaving it til tomorrow now. A few minor bits & pieces to sort then get it booked in for MOT next weekend. I'm away during the week until 7th August which is a bit of a pain as I'd like to get it out to blow off the cobwebs sooner but hey ho. 

Can't wait to get it out for a spin! 😁

Congratulations Sean,it’s been a long time coming,if you ever come up to Bristol to see the family in her,then you should pop in for a cuppa,if that’s allowed by then 😉

4 hours ago, Nmdsec said:

Congratulations Sean,it’s been a long time coming,if you ever come up to Bristol to see the family in her,then you should pop in for a cuppa,if that’s allowed by then 😉

It's a date! Lol. I've just spent the last 2 years working in MOD Abbey Wood at Filton too, left there in May though unfortunately. I'm sure I'll make the trip up in her before too long. 👍

MOT passed, yay!!!!! One advisory on a rear wheel bearing. 🙄 Started making a right racket on the ramp though. Soiled myself thinking it sounded like bottom end knock but the tester got his stethoscope out and its the PAS pump. Anyone have any recommendations for a replacement? Other than that, she was grand on the short shakedown I gave her. Perfect time for some summer cruising on the country roads. Next stop, full geometry. 👍

Great news and always nice to hear of a corrado that has passed!

I'm up next month.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Check the 3 pulley bolts are tight and fluid level?

mk4s run higher pressure but many report they work ok

4 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Must be an amazing day.,Well done mate

Very chuffed, thanks. Jan 2016 was the last one it had!

3 hours ago, pfnsht said:

Great news and always nice to hear of a corrado that has passed!

I'm up next month.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thanks mate, and good luck for yours! 👍

3 hours ago, Dox said:

Check the 3 pulley bolts are tight and fluid level?

mk4s run higher pressure but many report they work ok

Just checked and all good on that front. Tried bleeding again but no difference unfortunately. Funny enough, a neighbor has just offered me a MK4 one for nowt that he had left over from a V5 - Scirocco conversion. Might take him up on that offer if it all fits fine as though I'd prefer a standard Rado one, I'm not sure if they're even available new and crap aftermarket ones are silly money as well.

Edited by seanl82

Well done in getting the MOT, always a stressful time  and fantastic news

You'll have to use the VR6 pulley, MK4s have a different amount of ribs?

30 minutes ago, Dox said:

You'll have to use the VR6 pulley, MK4s have a different amount of ribs?

Well Dox, you were right after all! I checked earlier by feeling the pulley for movement and running the engine to see if I could see any play - which I couldn't. Just took the cover off and released the tension from the belt, and there was a small amount of play. Checked the bolts (which I'd replaced over the past couple of months and had torqued up as per the Bentley) and one was very loose with the other two barely finger tight! Tightened them up to tight as f*** NM, and knocking no more! Thanks mate! 👍

1 hour ago, Cressa said:

Well done in getting the MOT, always a stressful time  and fantastic news

Thanks buddy! 👍 I was reasonably confident considering the amount of stuff I'd replaced, but there's always emissions, headlight aim & brake efficiency which I couldn't test so a tad nervous about those.

8 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

Well Dox, you were right after all! I checked earlier by feeling the pulley for movement and running the engine to see if I could see any play - which I couldn't. Just took the cover off and released the tension from the belt, and there was a small amount of play. Checked the bolts (which I'd replaced over the past couple of months and had torqued up as per the Bentley) and one was very loose with the other two barely finger tight! Tightened them up to tight as f*** NM, and knocking no more! Thanks mate! 👍

Love a free fix!

Looking good. Crazy coincidence as my green is on the ramps having its alignment sorted too. Enjoy driving it afterwards 👍

36 minutes ago, Cressa said:

Looking good. Crazy coincidence as my green is on the ramps having its alignment sorted too. Enjoy driving it afterwards 👍

Thanks bud, it's fighting back and not making it easy for the guy to adjust the camber. Think he's just struggling to get the tools between wheel and bottom strut nuts. Enjoy your drive back too! 👍

Edited by seanl82

1 hour ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Is it all done yet are you both driving about like Cheshire cats🤞

Not me...  Sean, did yours get done ok? The guy said I need a set of camber bolts for mine. Imagine his surprise when I said it has them as the last place couldn't sort it without them.   Now he says it needs different ones...c'mon 

What bolts do you have  mate ?

Edited by Cressa
Spelling

2 minutes ago, Cressa said:

Not me...  Sean, did yours get done ok? The guy said I need a set of camber bolts for mine. Imagine his surprise when I said it has them as the last place couldn't sort it without them.   Now he says it needs different ones...c'mon 

What bolts do you have  mate ?

What a load of tosh. He doesn’t know how to do it. You have to slacken the 2 bolts that hold the suspension strut/coil over in place while it’s in the air to roughly where you think it needs to be, tighten up then drop it back down and see how close you got then do it again and adjust accordingly. You can’t do much with the rear