seanl82

Seanl82's ringer Storm

Congrats Sean, hope you do stick around, it's always a shame to see established members move on. Funny thing with the forum though is the community spirit even with those you've never met in person

10 hours ago, fla said:

Congrats Sean, hope you do stick around, it's always a shame to see established members move on. Funny thing with the forum though is the community spirit even with those you've never met in person

👍

Agree. Glad you got what you wanted for it without dealing with dib dobs. Did the man take all your Corrado hoard with him in the sale

8 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Agree. Glad you got what you wanted for it without dealing with dib dobs. Did the man take all your Corrado hoard with him in the sale

Thanks Shaun. Only the extras that formed part of the sale, so I'll have a fair few bits and pieces up over the coming weeks. 

Well, I'm not gonna lie, am a bit sad to see you go. Like you said, you've been part of the furniture for a long time and since day one in my case. I don't want to sound like a funeral though lol. But it's a shock although I totally get it. I've sold things I said I would never sell as well. I think the main thing is to pass it on to a candidate who you feel good about passing the car. And it looks like you've found that. Take care of yourself and it's been a pleasure. Cheers JF 

6 hours ago, ABV-VR6 said:

Well, I'm not gonna lie, am a bit sad to see you go. Like you said, you've been part of the furniture for a long time and since day one in my case. I don't want to sound like a funeral though lol. But it's a shock although I totally get it. I've sold things I said I would never sell as well. I think the main thing is to pass it on to a candidate who you feel good about passing the car. And it looks like you've found that. Take care of yourself and it's been a pleasure. Cheers JF 

Thanks JF, I appreciate your sentiment. Us old ones eventually move on to make way for the young blood, with the enthusiasm and energy to take custodianship of a great car and do right by it hopefully. As I said, I'll still be lurking and will offer my input from time to time. This forum feels like a part of me now and its habit checking in pretty much daily! My subscription has not long renewed as well! Lol. 

If another Corrado came up at some point not too far away, you never know..... I think a more usable day to day car is where it would be though, and the PD converted one would have been perfect but I'd bought a new daily about a week prior unfortunately! (My commute is 83 miles each way). Something I'd be comfortable leaving outside would be ideal too. I'll have a break for a while, and see where I'm at some point in the future. 👍

Good to hear it sold quickly and was a pain free experience. I did have a quick look back to page one. My god - hats off well done.

11 minutes ago, MJA said:

Good to hear it sold quickly and was a pain free experience. I did have a quick look back to page one. My god - hats off well done.

Thanks mate. 👍

Always a sad day as your not just saying good bye to a car you are seeing all your hard work been given to another - of course at a cost to the new owner. There are still plenty out there if you want to come back at a later date and will be an expert buyer. 

The biggest travesty with this car is been restored was a much better car then one of these flakey low miler storms fetching 20 k plus at auction - Im glad to see you got it away and must admit makes me a little envious as life is short and I would love to try other cars but one needs to sell to do that and its a very daunting task selling a high mile restored corrado - as mine are too. 

Best of luck on fresh pastures !

Edited by Keyo

End of an era mate 😭,hope he was pleased with the car,it’ll be interesting to see if you return to the fold, or move onto pastures new,all the best for your future car adventures 👍🏻

Thanks guys, I'll still be a regular on here and on the Facebook groups so keeping my toe in so to speak.

I keep tormenting myself by going into an empty garage.... Still, pretty confident the new owner will look after it so it should be in good hands.

Maybe in time I'll take on another project car, but I've got enough to concentrate on for now. 

Thanks again for stopping by Neil, new owner seemed chuffed and all positive calls so far!

Must have been a hard day, I feel your pain. I still think from what I've read from you that you made the right decision and I hope you feel the same. Cheers JF 

1 hour ago, ABV-VR6 said:

Must have been a hard day, I feel your pain. I still think from what I've read from you that you made the right decision and I hope you feel the same. Cheers JF 

It really was JF, but a couple of days to settle the mind has reaffirmed that it was the right thing to do. I'd like a modified one next time (I'm sure there will be a next time but not in the near future), With solid but not perfect bodywork. Something I'm comfortable leaving outside and enjoying in all weathers. 👍

6 hours ago, seanl82 said:

It really was JF, but a couple of days to settle the mind has reaffirmed that it was the right thing to do. I'd like a modified one next time (I'm sure there will be a next time but not in the near future), With solid but not perfect bodywork. Something I'm comfortable leaving outside and enjoying in all weathers. 👍

Well I'm glad to hear that mate. Taking a hard decision is one thing but regretting one badly is a different animal to deal with... So I'm glad to read a few days settled and you're at peace with it. Cheers