seanl82

Seanl82's ringer Storm

I'm 31 mate. Driving 7 years, 6 years ncb but it's on the daily so not taken into account. 3 points for speeding 3 1/2 years ago, and a non fault accident almost two years ago. All mods declared and no fee for up to 5 future mods. They said £210 at first which was still better than anyone else, but I said I was waiting on a couple more call backs. They said they couldn't guarantee the price if I phoned back tomorrow, so what would it take for me to agree then. I said if they could do it for under 200 I'd pay now. They contacted the underwriter who the insurance is with, and came back with £198, so I paid up. Was chuffed to bits with it tbh!

That's a fantastic price considering I have virtually the same circumstances except I have 12 years experience, 7 years NCB and no convictions and it's £320 or so for me! I'm with Greenlight.

Greenlight quoted me £298 as it happens. That was a standard policy (not classic which the one I've taken is) and mirrors ncb on the daily so you can also accrue ncb, with no mileage limitations. It didn't include any good extras like windscreen, legal, etc etc.......

Pleased you got it at that price . I will never understand them . Im 45 ,good postcode , no accidents points or claims and it comes in way higher than your ???!!!

She's home! :cool:

Got the interior in today. A few little bits I wanted to do along the way that didn't get done due to having itchy feet, but nothing major and I'll have chance to do them next week. Still needs a good clean though!

Gave it a little blast, but didn't leave until 5pm so nowhere to go that was light with traffic to get a decent head of steam up. Sat idling on on the drive for half an hour afterwards, and checked vagcom which also reported no problems. My drivers window isn't responding now though, so I'll investigate that soon. Oil and water temps were all spot on and fans kick in as they should. Idle is good, and brakes feel terrible after not being used to them for a while!

Anyway some interior pics, including some when I got the car for good measure. :smug:

Before.

20130317_142318_zps0da936e6.jpg

20130317_142331_zpsf2dab78f.jpg

20130318_133503_zps191f9508.jpg

20130318_133453_zps75244208.jpg

20130318_133524_zpsf821a038.jpg

After.

DSC_0129_zpsxzwbhjmg.jpg

DSC_0130_zpsprtn4pup.jpg

DSC_0131_zpspwob5a9u.jpg

DSC_0132_zpsafo0vjce.jpg

DSC_0133_zpsmk7qv6jp.jpg

DSC_0134_zpskklcxltn.jpg

Edited by seanl82

Wow, nice job! :thumbleft:

Did you rub down and re-dye the leather, or is it a different interior? Looks lovely :)

Your whole car looks great, so much effort, nice one!

Cheers mate. Interior is the same one as when I got it (first lot of pics), but I've had new leather sewn in on the bolsters (the baggy bit which I need to pull tighter still), and I just used the furniture clinic restoration kit. As you said its just rub down and remove some colour, then spray on the dye and seal. Very easy to do, if a bit time consuming, but well worth the effort imo.

Looking so much better Sean . This is on my list for a winter job . It will be easier for me this time as you have done . Last time I went from grey to black so there was a lot of colouring . Well done mate .

Can't believe that's the same interior, looks awesome mate.

Rog.

:thumbleft: Its better in the flesh mate. You can have a good look next w.end!

Looking so much better Sean . This is on my list for a winter job . It will be easier for me this time as you have done . Last time I went from grey to black so there was a lot of colouring . Well done mate .

Cheers Rob. I had to re-colour a pair of B pillars and a mk4 Golf handbrake that were black which took a few more base coats, but came out well in the end. I didn't fit the handbrake though, as I'd forgotten mine had been previously welded to within an inch of its life in place! I'll have to grind it off to fit, but I'm having second thoughts now. Reason for possibly changing is that my triangle is knackered. Its obsolete from the dealer, and I've only seen one come up for sale in probably a year of looking, and that wasn't in much better knick than mine.

I take my hat off to you sir, amazing job.

Have you bought Mk1 tony's off edition ??

Just thought I'd throw this one out there. :smug:

DSC_0213_zpstpyrm9qm.jpg

I was just looking back on it when in the workshop and thought, "God that looks so good!"

Only jesting bud it does not look like the sorry excuse for a Corrado when you got it in the slightest you have performed wonder's with this :salute: good lad :)

Looking great Sean, looking forward to seeing it this weekend, think you have it set just right there, not too low.

Thanks Mic!

Sean, as much as I like these wheels, I love your CHs mate so not sure Id agree there!

Thanks Chris, look forward to seeing yours too. Ride height is perfect imo. Gives a good stance and looks the part, but never had any bother with speed bumps yet.

Rob, I've only got pics of it inside the workshop from when I first got it, before it had a good detail. It is a huge improvement from then though looking back, although still far from being perfect.

I don't think there's perfect car in here bud , all we can do is try our best . If I won the lottery I could always give it to restro shack lol . The work they do is amazing .