Marineman

Marinemans blackberry VR6

well folks i think i have gone insane, i have just purchased a third car for myself and being 18 i get some funny looks.i buy all the cars and insure them with my own money and time and effort and wages from doing a marine engineering apprentiship :) i have always loved corrados and thought sod it i want one and its got to be a vr6 car is going to be a daily runner for me in march time so will get her all fixed up for then. 2.9 litre vr6 full service history and everything electrical works the spoiler, windows roof e.c.toh she seems to run well and pull hard and it came with kw variant coilovers.

got lots of plans for this :) balancing between the mk2 this and the ibiza.

corradononp_zps913ddf41.jpg

Well folks got a wee bit of work done today, car had a hideous shake through steering turns out it was not the tracking but the bald tyres that were on, so i fitted the audi alloys and like the result and to my surprise no more shake. then undertook starting to clean the engine bay which has come up ok for a quick bit of work. new disks pads and hoses will be going on all round and i am ordering a filter/ induction kit to get the best from the noise.

heres some pics

radovr6_zpsa46b1549.jpg

radovr62_zpsaf129f7c.jpg

vr6engine_zpsa6d37526.jpg

vr6bonnet_zpse62feb38.jpg

Well more cleaning took place today, got the interior done and decided to buy a cone filter, wgat a fantastic noise here we are, also went to polished bliss and collected a DAS6 power plus machine polisher kit so well chuffed.

The interior, shame its not leather but still nice.

P1010954.jpg

P1010956.jpg

P1010957.jpg

well folks i got cleaning today, also had a study of the hundread or so reciepts for the car from over the years, a 65 year old lady who was a corrado nut had it and to my amazment had fitted KW variant 1 inox lines, along with many othere parts. I decided to clean the rear arches disks and pads on tomorrow

They looked like this- P1010973.jpg

beforeclean.jpg

afterclean.jpg

small update been a slack bass with this so far, bought some new calipers cheers ross. 288mm started like this

20130301_121614_zps3fc4691c.jpg

20130301_121639_zps862c10bc.jpg

to be painted and fitted this weekend :)

heres a few of my current stable haha mk2 golf i have done since i was 15 and my ibiza FR

golftouchedupinopicasa.jpg

good2f.jpg

cherers folks :) lots of work to corrado on the way once ibiza sells including a full respray :)

thanks appreciated alot of time has gone into the Golf especially but i better not post all about it on here haha. yes it was indeed insane the Ibiza as soon as i passed my test at 17 was the wrong side of £2500 :( corrado is getting insured in 10 days cant wait :)

I hope you're sitting down when you get the quote through - they are group 18!

Nice to see someone as young as yourself who's not got the urge to start cutting holes in the car, and sticking body kits on.. your Golf and Ibiza look very clean too. Welcome to the forum :)

I hope you're sitting down when you get the quote through - they are group 18!

Nice to see someone as young as yourself who's not got the urge to start cutting holes in the car, and sticking body kits on.. your Golf and Ibiza look very clean too. Welcome to the forum :)

haha nope the qoutes are not bad at all :) yea always liked the classic stle or oem as they seem to call it :)

Have you had an insurance quote? I know everyones saying about it, but its probably a good idea to find out! Good luck to you and hope you CAN make it work mate. Even at 30 in a good area with 7 years driving and no claims, it was pretty high without going classic insurance, which unfortunately may not be available for you at your age. Looks a very good example though, (unlike mine atm!) so good luck! :thumbleft:

Have you had an insurance quote? I know everyones saying about it, but its probably a good idea to find out! Good luck to you and hope you CAN make it work mate. Even at 30 in a good area with 7 years driving and no claims, it was pretty high without going classic insurance, which unfortunately may not be available for you at your age. Looks a very good example though, (unlike mine atm!) so good luck! :thumbleft:

oh yes many quotes have been done and are now a good price ! less than my mates are on 1.6 saxos and lupos :) so all is good :) cheers

Corrado and mk2 looks very nice, Ibiza looks familiar, where are you form ??

Good on you, looks beautiful and enjoy it when you've got it insured. Result everything is working too.

Looks tidy and you went for the best colour.

cheers its not too bad ! yours loks great btw

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Good on you, looks beautiful and enjoy it when you've got it insured. Result everything is working too.

cheers ! all is good so far cant wait to use it , :) thanks

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

Corrado and mk2 looks very nice, Ibiza looks familiar, where are you form ??

cheers ! i am from Aberdeen. i had spoken to you on eastside ! name on there is Acgtrider. cheers would be good to see your corrado

cheers ! i am from Aberdeen. i had spoken to you on eastside ! name on there is Acgtrider. cheers would be good to see your corrado

What I thought :) Another blackberry in Aberdeen :) Mine so far is hidden in a lockup as working full time and study mechanical engineering full time didn't left any time for my hobby :(

What make is that Cone Filter? Expensive? Cheers!!

hi i am embarrased to say it is a halfords ripspeed one as a temporary measure! 25 quid but sounds good :)