Sean_Jaymo

Corrado Part Duex - 24V Aqua Blue - She's gone.

I loved that dash install, one of the things I'd like investigate in the future, after the climate control and teves20 install... Would you mind if I left my car with you for a few months Sean lol

It would cost you! But then time is something I will have on my hands soon and I like a project!

The BBS caps Rob? There was a seller at the VW/Audi Track day at Castle Coombe about 5 years ago.

Hehe, I like the challenge anyway, just got to finish off the r32 then I might be nagging you for info for the teves20 system. Love the way this is going though, pretty much everything I'm looking at doing... Just a lot faster!

Can't believe you trashed the lump on the Porka, shame on you for being a crap driver......................

:lol: :thumbleft:

Can't believe you had a polo gti.... I had one in black. Are you just copying everything I do? :lol:

Nothing much happening on this front at the moment. I don't like the cold and I'm busy with work. But I decided to go and plug the car into VCDS and see what is what. After 9 months, the only faults showing are mixed rear o2 sensor plugs and an intermittent MAF sensor fault. Having both rear o2 sensors in 1 pipe explains my first fault code and the MAF code being intermittent doesn't really concern me. My long term trims are also showing as -5% and -1.5% so that's ok too.

All in all, not much to write home about but positive signs of a decent conversion. It's been otherwise faultless and reliable. Averaging around 31 mpg at this time of the year, which seems ok for how it drives.

After using the car in the freezing weather recently, I have found a weak link in the mk4 rear caliper conversion. It appears that when the handbrake mechanism becomes frozen, it sticks on. A quick Google reveals that it is actually a wide spread issue and is easily fixed by installing a couple of springs. So to that end, a few springs were fitted and I'll monitor to see if it cures the problem.

20150206_151013_zpsaowsvsbm.jpg

As you can see, my nice new handbrake cables have a split rubber boot on the end of them which obviously isn't helping, but seeing as they are so new, I'm loathed to replace them when the problem could be overcome with a cheap spring.

The part numbers are 7H0 615 296 and 7H0 615 295A and cost less than £4 from a dealer. Seeing as I live in the middle of nowhere, It was cheaper to get them from eBay and that worked out to be £7 or so delivered. Fitment is easy if you jack the car up a bit and you don't need to remove the wheel. The springs are strong so don't say I didn't warn you if you catch your finger!

Ive had the same issue twice this week on standard rear calipers too Sean. A slow drive for a hundred yards or so stomping on the brakes every now and again has fortunately been enough to free them off.

I think the mk4 items are more prone to sticking for some reason? In this case, I think it was water in the hand brake lines that had frozen. Hopefully these springs will help.

Finished another project I've been wanting to do since I got the car on the road. The intake was always a temporary solution as I never had a welder or the skills to make something more permanent. I now have the welder and a bucket load of enthusiasm to make up for the lack of skills!

First off, This is what I had before (only with band clamps added)

20140115_171213_zpsb6949a6f.jpg

Cut up a 90 and a bit of straight and joined them up

20150206_162311_zpswcveejez.jpg

20150206_162327_zpshsmndoua.jpg

Added a Crank case vent, polished the welds up and painted

IMG-20150208-WA0000_zpsx9grgoqx.jpeg

Fitted up

IMG-20150208-WA0002_zpsytjw3pet.jpeg

20150208_145432_zpskhlf4evv.jpg

It's got the subtle OE look about it which I quite like and removing the silicone pipes and replacing them with nice tough stainless means that I no longer have collapsing pipework under load. Hello torque!! Completely changed the way it goes and gives it a nice little induction bark.