Sean_Jaymo

Corrado Part Duex - 24V Aqua Blue - She's gone.

Fixed my oil sensor problem and had a go out with the cruise. Very weird sensation in a Corrado to have it maintain its own speed!

Regarding the cruise control, you got it from ebay.de so presumably its for a LHD car.

Did the wiring loom fit 1 to 1 or did you need to do some extending and modifying?

Awesome thread really enjoyed reading through it!!! :)

Things like stalks are not handed and are universal. The kit came with the stalk and its plug and then there is another loom which is about a meter long which would normally have to plug into the vehicle loom. Mine was adjusted to make it the extra 3 meters or so longer it needed to be to get to the 24v ecu and have the LED for the dash light fitted. Not difficult, just time consuming.

Recent events include changing a 9k old bearing as the old one was eating itself to pieces, fixing the clutch switch and replacing the brake light switch which decided it wanted to die just when I wanted to go for a drive the other day!

All good now though but the way it has been behaving recently, there is bound to be another problem on the horizon!

36. The 'light' had been on 20 miles though. Living in the middle of nowhere is rubbish if you were day dreaming when you went past the last (hugely overpriced) petrol station.

You added another fuel cell in the boot or something!? That's better than my diesel daily!

You added another fuel cell in the boot or something!? That's better than my diesel daily!

Ha! Not so much, I guess I must be a smooth driver, I hardly hang around most of the time! Driving in anticipation of the road conditions and a 24v running in fine tune must be a good combination. I think my worst over a tank has been 31mpg. I usually hit between 420 and 450 on a tank.

Hi Sean. Just read your post regarding the B12 issues. We both bought from the same group buy but I have not got round to fitting yet. Do you know if the other chap who bought at the same Time has had issues also?

Today's little experiment was to the brake system. I have always liked my brakes with the braided lines, 312 discs and Teves20 abs system. The only negative I could say was that it didn't feel all that modern after driving the wife's mk5. I was rummaging around in the garage this morning when I found the brake servo and master cylinder from the Bora I broke a few years ago and I wondered if it would fit or not. Got out the tape measure, checked a few dimensions and thought what have I got to loose! Where is the fun in a car that is working perfectly well?

I didn't take many pictures unfortunately as to be honest it's a brake servo and not too interesting!

First up, the brake servos in my possesion

20150510_131335_zpsxz0kx0qh.jpg

Top one is the standard Corrado VR6 servo with the mk3 Teves20 version to the lower left of it which has been modified to take the Corrado clevis and pin. The last one is the Mk4 version requiring modification to fit the clevis and pin. You can see that the Corrado and Mk3 servos are basically the same, the only difference being the fitting angle of the master cylinder and the Corrado version having the pedal position sensor. They measure approx 9x3 inches.

It's obvious that the Mk4 version is a lot bigger. It is still 9 inches across but is 5 inches deep. The Corrado and Mk4 have a diagonal fitment for the master cylinder and i'm sure that if you wanted to, you could fit just the servo and retain the Corrado master cylinder if you were that way inclined but I'd suggest that the smaller master cylinder diameter of the Corrado will cause the brakes to be a bit snatchy if stomped on quickly. The Mk4 cylinder is 24 mm which will give a more progressive pedal. I had a Mk3 cylinder already fitted so I had to either go back to the Corrado cylinder or use the Mk4 version, which is what I went with in the end.

A picture of it fitted

20150510_161538_zpsahoxvweq.jpg

Nothing much to see though. I do need to change the low level plug though. A job for tomorrow evening. It's also a bit difficult to see the level in the reservoir so I may look out for a new one or a different shaped version. If you have a stock VR intake, chances are that the refill cap will be in the way.

It works amazingly well and it can very easily stick you through the windscreen. Very very happy with the effort. Don't get me wrong, it's not a straight bolt in fitment and some modification is required to make it all work but it's worth the effort.

Always wanted to do that to mine but never got around to it! Glad to hear it works well!

Hi Sean. Just read your post regarding the B12 issues. We both bought from the same group buy but I have not got round to fitting yet. Do you know if the other chap who bought at the same Time has had issues also?

Sorry Edd, I've got no idea at all. I know that Zak has been helpful but that doesn't mask my anger at the situation.

Cheers Kev, it was a pig to bleed and I've had to rebleed it twice more. Initial bite is poor but I put that down to the pads themselves. A firm shove and it will stop you very very well indeed. New pads are on my list to see if that helps. I'm thinking of fitting oe pads next.

Edited by Sean_Jaymo

Well another month has gone by an Eibach have still not sorted out my springs. I was told that they had no alternate springs for me and that they were due to go into production at the end of July. That has come and gone and i'm still without the alternate springs.

Eibach, if you read this, which I doubt you do given your animosity towards your customers, then you should be ashamed of yourselves. I will never buy another Eibach product and I will definitely not recommend that others would either.

I hardly drive the car anymore due to the ride quality and the fear that I am trashing my shocks and to be honest I just want to sell the bloody car on now. I've been left with a very sour taste after this little exercise.

Bloody hell Sean, sorry to hear about this. I didn't know about the issue so had to read back on your thread. I'm still yet to fit mine either, and by the time I do they'll probably be outside of warranty so I'd be stuffed.

I hope you can get a resolution though mate, who is it you've been in contact with?

I've been using Zak as a go between as he organised the initial group buy. I must say that he has been spot on but the absolute lack of any form of customer care from Eibach has been disgusting. I have been in e-mail contact with Eibach Germany who told me to get in contact with Eibach UK. Eibach UK won't help me as I bought it through the GB. They did helpfully tell me that they know there is a problem with some Corrados and that there is an alternative spring. They aren't Eibach Germany though so won't help me.

Mate! Didn't realise you were still not getting anywhere with this, thought it was all in the pipeline.

Can't sell though after all that effort...surely?

Some days Mic, I just think a pcp car will be so much easier to live with! I'll need to find something else to tinker with though. Not that I get any time to do that at the moment!

Right, I've bitten the sensible bug and the Corrado has to go. I'll put an ad up in the right place in a bit once I've had the chance to write one. But for those interested, £1500 and it's yours. It's worth more than that in parts but i'd rather not break her.

No don't do it Sean!

Do you still have the stock suspension? Cant you put that back on and sell on the Bilsteins? It may be at a slight loss, but far less of a loss than what you've put into the car surely.............

It's a done deal I'm afraid Sean, I've got a big change in circumstances coming my way over the next few months so this is the right thing for me to do at this time. I don't have the standard suspension unfortunately, I've not got the space to store it either which is a bit of a shame.

Luckily I've been quite thrifty with finding stuff, doing deals for favours and generally keeping the project cheap so I won't be out of pocket for the enjoyment I've had out of it for the last 18 months.

Sorry to hear that... wish it was at a better time financially for me as I wouldn't mind those 16" Speedlines back. Ho hum. Would you consider a swap plus cash for a nice set of 15" Speedlines?

Why not take some time away from the car and come back in a month or so. A superb car with all the right mods.

Otherwise I'll plan a trip up to collect it from you!